1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

New Places... Familiar Faces! (770)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Adventures in Unova' started by Serebii, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Verdant

Verdant Well-Known Member

Just wondering but did TR only say their Kanto Motto or did we hear their old background music as well?

2. moneylesswario

moneylesswario Shudo's Powerhouses

Couldn't even go one full region without idiot Rockets hogging the screen with their unfunniness, huh?
    ~marioluigifan05

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  3. gliscor&yanmega

gliscor&yanmega Well-Known Member

Did Team Rocket blast off? I only saw the pictures and I didn't see them flying into the sky twinkling, looked more like they were just blasted off to another part of the forest or whatever. Regardless, I enjoyed seeing them again, and they still seem like they are capable of doing stuff.

The girl is crazy. I enjoyed it but...she's still crazy.

I was disappointed that Ash's Pokemon at Juniper's wasn't shown, but I was glad to see Muk trying to have it's way with Oak again.

Stunfisk is crazy too. It took way too much pleasure out of getting shocked...I enjoyed it nonetheless. Was nice seeing it again.

I like the look of the episode.

4. BlueDragonfangirl

BlueDragonfangirl Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good episode, Kanto Team Rocket being back like I was hoping and Muk appearing with Oak? YES!! People, older region are still connected, they didn't die after allXD
    Ash seemed mature in this episode a bit, I like that and the new opening and ending were some of the best of the BW series I've seen, for once I am happy.

5. Pokemaniac24

Pokemaniac24 Banned

Woah woah woah. Kanto TR? I'll believe that when I see it. I'd be surprised if anything that was up to Kanto's levels returned to Pokémon.

6. BlueDragonfangirl

Sounds like it, looks like it. They seemed serious at times yet comical, like Kanto TR did which would be fine by me.

7. AgentPierce

AgentPierce Mad science FTW!

Except for the fact that they HAVE been trying for the first time in years rather than relying on a writing formula like they did throughout AG and D/P. I swear, you people.....

That's exactly what happened. They didn't even say "Yana Kanji!" People are exaggerating by saying they "blasted off".

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  8. Pokemaniac24

Pokemaniac24 Banned

We'll see how it works out but it would be very hard to re-create Kanto TR without Shudo.

9. BlueDragonfangirl

Maybe they can re watch Kanto episodes over and over again to do thisXD

10. that girl i wanted to just smack...**** her lol

overall the episode wasnt bad...maybe they'll use team rocket as a plot device for ash's pokemon to start evolving because without them it seems they have a hard time evolving..

11. RickHoenn

RickHoenn Banned

Yes! XD this is positive!! now Ash's pokemon will gain more experience from battling Team Rocket, bring Boldore, Palpitoad, Snivy. XD

12. Verdant

Verdant Well-Known Member

I just got done watching the episode and I don't know why everyone is making such a big deal about the TRio's role in this episode.
    I mean they are acting a little different then they did in the beginning of BW but not that different to call it a complete personality change.
    I mean they are still competent and they are not acting like complete goofballs like they did in DP. If this is how they are gonna be in the rest of episode N then I am fine with it.

13. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

They were not back to being comical, people. They were written the exact same way they've been throughout BW. The only thing "Kanto-esque" about them was their motto, their balloon, and the fact that they had a (rather boring and generic, not stylized at all) mech.

14. RickHoenn

RickHoenn Banned

This episode was a nice setup for the N chapter, the Oak and Muk cameos were nice and altough the new trainer girl was annoying at times, she managed to be entertaining for comic relief..

Team Rocket WERE NOT like their DP selves, so much complaining for nothing :rolleyes: they were competent and their new pokemon seemed powerful, it was great Unfezant took out both of them, she's getting stronger. :) 9/10

Now I hope TR will help Ash's Pokemon get more experience. XD

15. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

Ofc thats being lazy, write the same episode from Kanto to DP most of the times and thats not being lazy? thats taking the easy way out, what would you call lazy then? there really isn't another word that can be used.

16. Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Ash&Pikachu-Fan Pika-Speed

Haha, I like this episode its pretty funny!

Wow, I guess Ash, Iris and Cilan walked back all the way from the league. o_O Anyway, they met Nonomi and Ash had to help her cross the bridge 'cause she gets scared easily or something. XD Oh wow, cool! They also edited/remixed the opening to fit with the new saga.

Yay! Ash finally decides to call Professor Oak over at the lab and Muk got its short cameo again.
    Nonomi arrives again, scared to enter the lab. XDDD
    After she picked her starter (Tepig), she has a tag battle with Ash against Iris and Cilan! Now, Team Rocket attacks and interrupts the battle at random. They seem a little different than usual.
    Oh, Ash and Nonomi help each other out! Both Unfezant and Pikachu take down Team Rocket, save Tepig and they finally blast off again!!! :O

Nonomi leaves, Professor Juniper gets informed by Cedric Juniper about some place with Reshiram. Ash, Iris and Cilan take off saying their good byes to Professor Juniper again. Then, the ship they on stops at a port. With an epic N cameo!!! :O Hmm... Also, looks like a new ending, finally! >>

Overall, I like this episode! Seemed a bit different than usual too.

17. Mindless nitpickingm just deal with it.

18. the only way ash's pokemon evolved was due to team rocket lol so im glad thats back because without them..they would hardly evolve..nonesense you say? just look at entire BW saga lack of team rocket=lack of evolutions which is sad really when you think about it :/

overall i enjoyed the episode minus the annoying girl

19. Rohanator

Rohanator Well-Known Member

I believe BW is about tied with DP for highest amount of evolutions in Ash's team and if you count Sandile evolving to Krokorok it has more. It only seems like there's less because there's more Pokemon to evolve. None the less, I too hope that TR will aid in a few more evolutions.

I really liked this episode, Ash being embarrassed telling Oak he reached top 8 was a nice touch. Muk was great and good lord, UNFEZANT, MY GIRL. She went in. Took them hits and DESTROYED their souls. Thanks Team Rocket, you've given the bird new found hope. I'm glad that Ash didn't drop any Pokes at Oak's, they'll have as much of a chance appearing as they have before and I have a feeling that at least Mofotoad will evolve at some point.

If TR keeps up being like this I'll be happy, they're serious yet sort of like before. And looks like they might have some interesting business with Looker so that's good.

20. wingzx

wingzx Heart-under-blade

Loved the episode think its a good start for Episode N. I just didnt really care for the CoTD >.< she started to annoy me half way thru. but im glad stunfisk was shown again and that it wasnt pikachu that was the star of the episode and it was Unfezant.