• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Places... Familiar Faces! (770)

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Episode is ending didn't dislike it, I hope Satoshi sent his pokemon to Oak if not **** off writers and animators(opening and episode) for not showing them.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Brilliant episode

The return of musical scores
the old team rocket
a boring plot
random characters

I can proudly say, that it's diamonf and pearl all over again ;D

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Team rocket may have blasted down but at least they were competent until Unfezant kicked their behinds. I loved that. It KO'd Amoongus and Frillish. Although no new move was used. I missed part of the opening due to Keyhole stopping so I'll have to catch it later.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
That's it. I'm finished.

Have fun, guys. I hope turning the anime back into a repetitive, brain-dead mess again was a price worth paying.

Don't worry they will love it, I comend you for that, I'm waiting till BW ends if next region is this again I might drop it again like I did in Hoenn, you are droping it for the same reasons I did.

Ending: Charizad being buddies with Dragontie pretty cool lol, nothing seems to have evolved from what I noticed, actually I didnt notice Palpitoad or Leavanny in the ending.

RageKaiser

Chespin :D
I just don't get why they decided to all of the sudden revert them to their old selves, Even using the Kanto motto, it was also said that Frillish and Amoongus appeared with absolutely no explanation. it just doesn't make sense. It's like the writers aren't even trying anymore ;/

realarcastform

Rotom Trainer
I just don't get why they decided to all of the sudden revert them to their old selves, Even using the Kanto motto, it was also said that Frillish and Amoongus appeared with absolutely no explanation. it just doesn't make sense. It's like the writers aren't even trying anymore ;/

Trust me, they haven't been trying in many ways in the first two series of Best Wishes.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Did TRio act like they did in DP?

They acted like they did before BW, not DP seriously you guys need tod rop that DP nonsense, they always acted like idiots.

They kinda had a more serious tonme here though, they beat Pikachu even and Unfezant was the one who kicked their ***.

The episode wasn't bad though, like I said we haven't seen this since DP and they looked sligthly more competent and serious then back then, what annoyed me was them not taking the time to make a small scene for SAtoshi pokemon to appear.

They acted like they did before BW, not DP seriously you guys need tod rop that DP nonsense, they always acted like idiots.

They kinda had a more serious tonme here though, they beat Pikachu even and Unfezant was the one who kicked their ***.

The episode wasn't bad though, like I said we haven't seen this since DP and they looked sligthly more competent and serious then back then, what annoyed me was them not taking the time to make a small scene for SAtoshi pokemon to appear.

They were way more idiots in DP than they were in Kanto to be fair.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, this just proves what I've been saying that TR will be a middleground between stupid and serious, especially as we know they're in Unova for Team Plasma, and face up against them in the opening with Looker

But anyway, can we keep the TR implications in it's own thread in Anime Spoilers. Thanks :)

naughtynun

You know what, if the TR use the old 'To protect the world from devastation...' motto in the dub, I will start watching the series again! I LOVE that motto!

An you know what... it might be bad writing but so many of Ash's Pokemon evolved against Team Rocket in the past that I'm hoping their return could be a plot device to actual have Ash's team evolve!

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Tired of arguing about this, ok you guys are rigth wtv they weren't as stupid in AG or Johto or Kanto, it was worse sure...

Yeah, this just proves what I've been saying that TR will be a middleground between stupid and serious, especially as we know they're in Unova for Team Plasma, and face up against them in the opening with Looker

But anyway, can we keep the TR implications in it's own thread in Anime Spoilers. Thanks :)

Hum we are talking about them acting retarded in this episode.

I liked Muk.

I liked Stunfisk.

That's it.

Moving on.

Sorry there's just nothing else to say here at this moment in time.

Thogh you would love the episode.

I'm expecting a long list of people to come here and praise the episode Thunderblade, Bluedragonfangirl, etc.

The episode even had blaNd at the end.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down

Old motto + Meowth balloon + mechas + blasting off = no serious. It is a fallacy to claim that their babbling nonsense was the only trait that made them stupid.

But since we're not allowed to talk about it even though it's part of this episode, I guess I'll just say welcome back cookie-cutter lazy writing!

They were definitely like their BW selves, except their goal was to get Pikachu.

This episode can't be called a definite filler, its a necessity for the transition to Season N. It did an 'okay' job in that manner.

Few parts I liked in this episode: Ash disappointed when he told that he reached only top 8 in the Unova League. Our old competent Ash is down there somewhere.

One more thing: TR's blast off wasn't the usual one like in the past. Instead of blasting off into the sky, crying 'TR is blasting off again' or at least the japanese version of it, they were simply thrown away into the distance.

Unlike few people, my hopes are still alive for serious TR.

Nextly, the opening: It was amazing. It was as if I was watching a more serious anime. I don't know how good season N itself will be, but the opening is more than satisfying. Charizard flamethroewring Reshiram (?) in the end was awesome.

Also, I think Muk should get the highest number of appearances for a reserve award, lol.

I don't say this is a good episode, but it was made to pave way for good ones.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Did TRio act like they did in DP?

No, they acted pretty much the same way they've been throughout all of BW.

No, that was just Jimmy Zoppi deciding to rewrite them in the DP dub. His rewrites have nothing to do with the way they're written in the original, which has always been pretty consistent.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Thogh you would love the episode.

I'm expecting a long list of people to come here and praise the episode Thunderblade, Bluedragonfangirl, etc.

The episode even had blaNd at the end.

You missed my edited part I added in because I forgot that was in this episode (don't know what I was thinking).

But no, as much as I liked seeing Team Rocket knock out Pikachu and take it away. Team Rocket is way too slow, and Nonomi ruined it, so instead they try to capture her Tepig and only it, because that made sense.

No there's only a few things I liked in this episode, but that's it. I would've loved to have seen Kingler and Palpitoad.

No, they acted pretty much the same way they've been throughout all of BW.

It's going to be awkward seeing them with this blended form of Team Rocket.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
No, that was just Jimmy Zoppi deciding to rewrite them in the DP dub. His rewrites have nothing to do with the way they're written in the original, which has always been pretty consistent.

Jimmy Zoppi didn't write their intrusive roles, boss fantasies or stupid running jokes like blasting off.

I don't even like him, and I'm defending him here. DP Team Rocket was not his fault. He only made it worse.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
It's going to be awkward seeing them with this blended form of Team Rocket.

There was no "blended form" in this episode. They acted the exact same way as they did in, say, the Zorua episode.

Jimmy Zoppi didn't write their intrusive roles, boss fantasies or stupid running jokes like blasting off.

I don't even like him, and I'm defending him here. DP Team Rocket was not his fault. He only made it worse.

There's no difference between the way they were written in AG and DP. None at all. I don't watch the dub, and had no idea where all these complaints about "DP style Rockets" until I caught a random episode (the Phione one) and saw how terribly annoying they were written there. None of that is in the original.