• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Places... Familiar Faces! (770)

STICKTOPIA

Wow TR blasted off?! Never thought I'd see it happen again so soon!

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Meh... decent episode. I did enjoy seeing Muk for what it's worth :)

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Nonomi is adorable hope she appears more in this arc.
I saw TR and was happy they were back. However when the old school motto played my fangirlgasm began If that was not enough Team Rocket Forever played for the first time in how many years?! I enjoy how they are now tbh Plus N :D

This made me think of something. It has Oak and Cedric. In the dub Cedric is voiced by Stuart Zagnit Oak's old VA so it makes me wonder if he will get the role of Oak back too kinda like with what happened with Giovanni's old VA

Haunter ゴースト

Besides the little girl who was annoying, this was a great episode.

I LOVED seeing Muk again with Oak, and the scene with Unfezant defending Pikachu and sending TR blasting off was awesome.

It was a fairly good beginning episode to the new arc, it could have been much better as a plain reunion episode with Juniper and Ash's other team instead of the little girl though.

6/10.

P.S Isn't it crazy how Muk is Ash's first Pokemon besides Pikachu to make a return appearance so far? Only 109 episodes into BW.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Yay!!! Go Unfezant!!! Kick their wannabe asses <3!!!!

Also what the hell Ash, Unfezant does all the work and u thank Pikachu -_________________-.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It was an okay episode, a good way to set up the N series though. I like the blue haired girl, she seems funny and always paranoid. I also find it funny that Ash seemed more mature since he was around the blue haired girl. This kind of reminds me of Dawn's special episode and the other similar episodes like it. Also I don't know what to make of Team Rocket yet, hopefully they won't be there just to get in the way again. I guess this episode would be a 6.5/10 for me.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This felt like one of those annoying DP fillers only with Unova pokemon.

You know the tea. [IMG139]http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l559/truckscraggy/miketea.gif[/IMG139]

I'm honestly starting to believe that I'm psychic because everything I predicted in the weeks leading up to this episode happened. We got yet another generic character of the day who looked like the girl from the DP special who was the main focus of this episode even though Ash deserved the most screen-time, Oak also got cheated out of screen-time despite being an integral character (why did his eyebrows look so big?), the battle with Ash and the new girl against Iris and Cilan was weak, Team Rocket's return was overhyped from the beginning and ended up being just like every other scheme they've attempted, Unfezant was used like a common mule, oh and all the important stuff happened during the last minute of the episode. Yep, I guessed it all. The only good parts were the Oshawott and the glimpse of N. I give this episode a 1/10.

Groundedshock

Effective on ground

Also what the hell Ash, Unfezant does all the work and u thank Pikachu -_________________-.

Of course. It's imporant that He has to thank Derpachu for getting its butt handed by a giant mushroom and a mutated jellyfish from spongebob and neglect Speedwings for kicking butt. Rolls eyes

This episode was alright.
Emolga & Stunfisk were a good sight to see.
Muk smothering Oak made my day& Ash being embarrassed about being in Top 8 was good to me.
Ash also acted mature.
GOSH!!! NONOMI WAS SO ANNOYING! HER "I'M SO SCARED ABOUT EVERYTHING" CRAP WAS ANNOYING & HARDLY ENTERTAINING TO ME!

Also Team Rocket seemed serious in this episode & not annoying goof ups who interrupt everything just for annoyance. Hopefully this continues in the Looker vs Corless episode.

I can believe people actually missed blasting off.

Watch. Just 5 more episodes of Team Rocket interrupting everything & they will complain.....

Overall this episode I find is neither good or bad but weak.
5/10

Season 2 started off this way all promising & ended the same as Season 1 with rushed disappointment so we'll see about Season 3.

dman_dustin

You know when I was watching this episode, I genuinely thought Nonomi's Tepig was going to evolve.

I know she just got it, but it's something the writers in this show would do. Imply that you're more than likely not going to evolve under Ash for a long time.

Then it didn't happen, and so I was relieved.

But there were times were I felt like it was going to evolve.

Me: Oh here we go, she just got her starter and it's already going to evolve, screw you writers.

*Few Seconds Later*

Me: Oh thank god, False alarm.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
What is that girl's problem? She's a bigger coward than I was at that age -____-; I chose Totodile of all starters on my first game, the one that is said to enjoy biting things.
Anyway, typical episode for me, just meh. I was more shocked that Unfezant actually did something! She defeated two of TR's pokemon in one hit while Pikachu got his behind kicked. When Team Rocket showed up, I was like, "Seriously? They barely started the battle and they're already interrupting it?" I have never seen such a short lived battle. Even Casey's battle against Ash was longer than that. N shows up at the end, which I should have known, but it still makes me sad. Hopefully, when Ash meets up with Cheren in the next episode, their battle will take up the whole episode at least. If Nonomi shows up again (I really hope she doesn't), I hope that she grows a backbone or at least be less paranoid/timid. How does it work if she starts at route 1 near Nevuma Town? In the game, the levels reset to lv 50-60ish.

Oh, rating for is a 3/10 (mainly because I'm unhappy that TR showed up too soon into the battle)

Last edited:

SceptileTheBanana

DRAGON TAIL!

The SAME exact thing happened in operation tempest part 2. When Unfezant carried Pikachu around the temple and Pikachu jumped off to deflect Thunderus's Thunder attack Iris thanked Pikachu when Unfezant did all the work -_-

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Anyone notice they make the CoTD trainers getting Pokemon so short compared to the mains? Ash,May and Dawn look so much older than Nonomi and that kid from the Chronicles ep. Yet all are 10. kinda odd

Remmie

I liked Nonomi a lot she was pretty cute. However I never thought they would make her a nervous wreck like that girl in Dawn's special episode where her Quilava evolved. Still Nonomi sure is something.

Rudruma

Anyone notice they make the CoTD trainers getting Pokemon so short compared to the mains? Ash,May and Dawn look so much older than Nonomi and that kid from the Chronicles ep. Yet all are 10. kinda odd

Mayne Ash and co have aged subtly!?!

Anyone else think this would have been a golden opportunity to have all o fAsh's Unova Pokemon at the same time? The reserves were all sent to Junipers so they should be there right?

XXD17

Draco rex
This episode seemed more or less as an attempt to placate all the rage that had been building up from the horrible league....

some common rages throughout the series as a whole:

"Unfezant got no wins recently and is barely used..." Well here you go, unfezant was pretty boss here taking out both amoonguss and frillish as well as getting pretty decent screen time...

"Why is Cilan not using Stunfisk and Iris not using Emolga?" Well, he used stunfisk here and it gave that troll smirk TWICE while absorbing the discharge from Iris's Emolga...

"Boldore and Palpitoad! Where are they?!" Well Boldore was battling pretty well in the OP so there...as for Palpitoad, I don't know

"We want old Team Rocket..." This has been kind of ambivalent in regards to who wants it or not but here, it's plain as day that Team Rocket is blasting off again...

anyways, Still no Snivy redemption yet so I guess next ep...ALTHOUGH she did speak during the commercial interim...Also, I wanted to know a little more about the starters...the selection process was rushed and Cilan made the decision -_-

gohan5

Irisboy
anyways, Still no Snivy redemption yet so I guess next ep...ALTHOUGH she did speak during the commercial interim...Also, I wanted to know a little more about the starters...the selection process was rushed and Cilan made the decision -_-

Yeah that kinda bugged me too. Like I was agreeing with Iris that the girl was being annoying and should just pick but she still didn't. Honestly I'd rather have a Water gun to the face than a Ember, but Pokemon logic. I'm all for Pokemon Connoisseurs, but it was just like if he says so then that's the one I get xP