• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Places... Familiar Faces! (770)

dman_dustin

Yay!!! Go Unfezant!!! Kick their wannabe asses <3!!!!

Also what the hell Ash, Unfezant does all the work and u thank Pikachu -_________________-.

Ash thanked Pikachu because it was the one to make Team Rocket disappear with that electroball

But I agree, Unfezant made it happen, and helped immensely, so I was disappointed that Ash didn't thank Unfezant.

I kept thinking "Come on Ash, Unfezant did a hell of a lot more, the least you could do is acknowledge that."

Edit: Also I have to say Nonomi's Tepig was far cuter than Ash's Oshawott has ever been, and they just to market Oshawot.....right.

XXD17

Draco rex
Excpet they didn't. They were flung downward into the forest, not upward into the sky. They didn't even say "This feels bad!/We're blasting off again!"

"blasting off" doesn't imply "blasting up"...the goofiness, the paning out and the twinkle at the end were all there...sure they didn't say their line, but baby steps first...

RVD_fan

Other than playing the extremely obvious "good guy wins" music during the balloon chase, one of my biggest anime pet peeves, I thought this was a pretty good episode to shift gears into the Plasma arc. I found Team Rocket to be weirdly tolerable, where they've got some of their old spirit but still look don't look like total pushovers. If the Plasma arc is their final arc, I hope they have some good interactions with Team Plasma. Also thought that Nonomi was funny and I liked her animation when she sends out her Pokemon.

I've been pretty skeptical of this Team Plasma thing, mainly because I didn't think it would really fit in with anything the trio has been doing in Unova so far, but if they balance everything out it be pretty cool judging by this episode and the opening.

Oh, and I wouldn't have complained if Muk had come back with Ash. Pretty please?

dman_dustin

Oh, and I wouldn't have complained if Muk had come back with Ash. Pretty please?

The don battle tournament that confirms Ash will only use Muk, and wins the tournament (or at least makes it to the finals, if for whatever reason he can't), then that tournament will already be the best tournament in the whole 5th gen anime series.

Seriously I want to see that thing battling. It's only ever gotten one win, and a Bellsprout no less.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Edit: Also I have to say Nonomi's Tepig was far cuter than Ash's Oshawott has ever been, and they just to market Oshawot.....right.

No offense, but I doubt the producers care what American fans think of the Starter Pokemon. Japanese kids obviously love Oshawott, and that's good enough for the producers. [IMG139]http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l559/truckscraggy/zzz.gif[/IMG139]

Anyway, I'm still hollering at how bad this episode was. Like really, what a terrible way to start Episode N, which was supposed to redeem all of BW. There was no excitement or sense of adventure until the very end of it, and most of the episode was about the character of the day and Team Rocket's return. Like, is this even Ash's show anymore? He deserved the most attention but was shoved into a corner so that other characters could take center stage. That's just wrong.

dman_dustin

No offense, but I doubt the producers care what American fans think of the Starter Pokemon. Japanese kids obviously love Oshawott, and that's good enough for the producers. [IMG139]http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l559/truckscraggy/zzz.gif[/IMG139].

I fail to see what makes Oshawott so cute, maybe it's cute when it throws its Scalchop on the ground, maybe it's cute when it pouts it's eyes or cries big manly tears when his girl is leaving him.

Aside from that I fail to see how Oshawott is so "cute" that it's cuteness prevented it from evolving.

Especially when I think Nonomi's Tepig was far more cuter. Seriously it was very cute when Tepig licked Nonomi affectionately. Hell this thing is cuter than Ash's Tepig was.

I wonder if Nonomi's Tepig is female, I kind of got that sense, considering it seemed cuter than Ash's.

Haunter ゴースト

Ciccone, please tell me you at least enjoyed Muk's cameo. After all it is Ash's first Pokemon besides Pikachu to return in BW however late it may be.

gliscor&yanmega

"blasting off" doesn't imply "blasting up"...the goofiness, the paning out and the twinkle at the end were all there...sure they didn't say their line, but baby steps first...

What exactly was goofy about it? They looked like they were just in pain. The twinkle is probably just used as a means to show they were sent to a distance, they've done it for other stuff before, I've seen it in other shows before as well.

XXD17

Draco rex
What exactly was goofy about it? They looked like they were just in pain. The twinkle is probably just used as a means to show they were sent to a distance, they've done it for other stuff before, I've seen it in other shows before as well.

The scared/ shocked look on their faces was enough for me...also, the twinkle has mostly been used specifically in pokemon to reference blasting away...krokorok exhibited it, the ducklett did too but it has been most widely used when TR blasted off...not all twinkles are TR blasting off but all TR blast offs contain the signature twinkle...when they used their jet packs, they never had the twinkle did they?...When they fell here, the twinkle came back...Yes the twinkle is a VERY common motif in anime but in pokemon it is more or less associated with blasting off...

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The SAME exact thing happened in operation tempest part 2. When Unfezant carried Pikachu around the temple and Pikachu jumped off to deflect Thunderus's Thunder attack Iris thanked Pikachu when Unfezant did all the work -_-

Ash u biased bastard!! Y U NO LOVE TEH BIRDY!!!??

Wait seriously... poor Unfezant even when she does all the work she gets outshone.

They didn't even let her stay out of her ball :(. They blasted off and after Unfezant saved Pikachu and Tepig from falling she just vanished :(.

Ash thanked Pikachu because it was the one to make Team Rocket disappear with that electroball

But I agree, Unfezant made it happen, and helped immensely, so I was disappointed that Ash didn't thank Unfezant.

I kept thinking "Come on Ash, Unfezant did a hell of a lot more, the least you could do is acknowledge that."

Why do the writers hate Unfezant so much :(, seriously the poor girl is awesome and gets no love...*sighs*

Also what the hell was with the blasting down lol.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Ash u biased bastard!! Y U NO LOVE TEH BIRDY!!!??

I guess nobody told Ash that the bird is the word.

You know if Team Rocket are doing the first motto (Which I'km all for) the unova motto is the least used one only being used for like what 15 eps?

gohan5

Irisboy
I guess nobody told Ash that the bird is the word.

Haha I see what you did there :p

You know if Team Rocket are doing the first motto (Which I'km all for) the unova motto is the least used one only being used for like what 15 eps?

Hmm yeah that's true, but I don't mind, they grow old pretty fast.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Anyway, I'm still hollering at how bad this episode was. Like really, what a terrible way to start Episode N, which was supposed to redeem all of BW. There was no excitement or sense of adventure until the very end of it, and most of the episode was about the character of the day and Team Rocket's return. Like, is this even Ash's show anymore? He deserved the most attention but was shoved into a corner so that other characters could take center stage. That's just wrong.

Never meant to redeem, and its just a fillerish return. This stuff is common ._...They try one plot a little more similar to some of the older plots, and people throw a fit. ._.
I'm not saying it was good but damn ._...

I have to listen to hear thier kanto motto though :p

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I thought this episode was pretty entertaining for a set-up episode. It wasn't anything amazing but I still enjoyed it for what it was worth and it had quite a few factors that really made it entertaining despite the overall plot being nothing to write home about. Yeah, the episode was pretty engrossing from start to finish.

I'm glad the majority of the episode didn't focus solely on Nonomi picking out her first Pokemon, that small problem was resolved fairly quickly. I also thought Nonomi herself managed to be pretty entertaining for a one-shot COTD, unlike Shinko, the girl from the Hikari Special. Her Pokabu was cute and she got a nice character building moment when she mustered up the courage to try to take on Pururiru, despite being unsuccessful. Her fantasies with the idea of using different Starters were amusing. No surprise she picked Pokabu, Satoshi has the other two under his ownership. Chances are slim, but I wonder if we'll see or hear from her again? The Tag Battle was not-surprisingly short but was pretty fun to watch, nice to see Emonga and Maggyo since the Electric-types get the least screen time on their respective teams.

Team Rocket's intro looked pretty luxurious and expensive, the drawing was beautiful. I don't have an opinion at all on their older motto being used, I honestly prefer their normal "Shiroi, Kuroi." motto. Pretty amusing Dare Da?! we got there. Rocket-Dan Forever playing during the entrance of their new Pokemon was cool. Both had pretty nice movesets, Psychic, Bubblebeam, and Shadow Ball for Pururiru especially. I can't believe it took that long for Satoshi to snap to his senses and use Kenharou Gust to fan away that Stun Spore/Mist mix. I kept wondering why no one else seemed to be impacted heavily by it, Maggyo and Emonga were doused by just as much as Pikachu and were knocked out cold. Always nice to see a reserve get some screen time, it's more than obvious TR had Kenharou and Pikachu aced but the plot of the episode demanded they lose so lose they did. Though being One-Hit KOed by Aerial Ace and Air Cutter kinda sucked and made the resolution feel a bit rushed.

Yeah, it was an entertaining enough episode. That appearance by Araragi-Hakase was icing, that guy certainly is a fun, old one. Lastly appearance by N at the ending was expected but I still thought it looked pretty epic. Solid episode.

gliscor&yanmega

The scared/ shocked look on their faces was enough for me...also, the twinkle has mostly been used specifically in pokemon to reference blasting away...krokorok exhibited it, the ducklett did too but it has been most widely used when TR blasted off...not all twinkles are TR blasting off but all TR blast offs contain the signature twinkle...when they used their jet packs, they never had the twinkle did they?...When they fell here, the twinkle came back...Yes the twinkle is a VERY common motif in anime but in pokemon it is more or less associated with blasting off...

So they are suppose to what, just be robots and not show any emotion over something any normal human would be scared or shocked over?

Twinkle is still used to reference a distance. I don't believe they used it for the Jet Packs, but I don't think they were ever shown to fly off into the distance in most cases anyways, pretty sure most of the time it was just them flying off making their comments and then the scene changes.

Crystal_Knight

Dragon Tamer
I can't believe their bring in N NOW! With the championship over, the Unova episodes are over aren't they? Yet their introduceing N and posibly Team Plasma NOW? They HAD the chance to bring the two in over a 100+ episodes ago during the Desert Resort episodes, that they skipped out on. Ash should be on his way to the newly created X and Y region now that the Unova League is over, so what's N and Team Plasma doing coming into the series now that the adventures in Unova that they SHOULD have been a part of from the beginning are over? *lol* unless N is going to be stalking Ash and them now when they meet. *lol* I wonder how N would react if he ever met Meowth, the first pokemon he can talk to that can talk back in the human language.

SlimeStack

I can't believe their bring in N NOW! With the championship over, the Unova episodes are over aren't they? Yet their introduceing N and posibly Team Plasma NOW? They HAD the chance to bring the two in over a 100+ episodes ago during the Desert Resort episodes, that they skipped out on. Ash should be on his way to the newly created X and Y region now that the Unova League is over, so what's N and Team Plasma doing coming into the series now that the adventures in Unova that they SHOULD have been a part of from the beginning are over? *lol* unless N is going to be stalking Ash and them now when they meet. *lol* I wonder how N would react if he ever met Meowth, the first pokemon he can talk to that can talk back in the human language.

Why would Ash go to a new region now? X and Y aren't out for another 9 months. So he'll be fighting Team Plasma for the last 9 months of Gen V. Unova isn't finished yet.

Anyway, I enjoyed the episode. Particularly Team Rocket's entrance. I'm interested to see how they develop with this weird mix of BW and DP (with a dash of Kanto motto) personalities.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
The Kanto motto came out of nowhere. BTW does TPCI have the rights to use that motto? I know 4Kids made it so would they need to revise it or is copying it allowed? Another think for the dub ep is maybe Stuart gets his role of Oak back since he has come back. Actually pretty interested in seeing how the dub handles this episode. (Mostly N's VA who I know the majority of want to be Vic XD)