• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Places... Familiar Faces! (770)

CupidKirby

I'm not sure how I feel about Team Rocket coming back right after saying they'd return to Kanto, and Yamask and Woobat getting the boot when they had absolutely no development in BW yet. Other than that I have no real problems with the episode. And DAT opening.

- I'd understand our CoTD being afraid if it was one of those wooden suspension bridges. But come on, that looked like the wall of china.
- So I'm guessing Charizard > Zekrom for Ash?
- That's right Ash. You should apologize for getting top 8.
- I hope I'm not the only one who wishes Cilan and Iris will follow Ash into his X/Y adventures. They just feel a lot less finished than May/Dawn were when they left.
- Half of me would've laughed if Iris sent out Dragonite and Cilan Crustle just to mess with her.
- This girl is smarter than our main characters already. When an ominous mist covers the field, call your pokemon back!
- Hold on. Ash just had a memory jog and remembered he had a flying type.
- He also remembers how to get rid of smoke with one. And it only took 5 minutes!
- Team Rocket probably "blasted off" because they used their last jet pack for the meowth balloon. Aw shucks.

Not sure what people are talking about this episode reverting back into lazy pre-BW writing. There was no 'walking off into the sunset'. We got one of those legit cliffhangers that recently BW's been resourcefully using to end off the episode. Team Rocket was more focused on doing their thing than chanting their motto and posing. They were used less as a plot device to help Nonomi gain confidence and more of an actual threat. Ash still rotating his pokemon; those said reserves getting decent screentime. The only warning signal I saw was Team Rocket wanting to catch Pikachu again and not using jet packs (even though they did).

Where can I watch the episode? Please, only say the site's name, not it link.

I want to watch. ;/

google

Last edited:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Where can I watch the episode? Please, only say the site's name, not it link.

I want to watch. ;/

You could just google it, that's what I do every single week and it generally pops up on a site or two before the end of the day it airs..

I'm pretty sure there's a rule against discussing where you can illegally find shows to watch anyway, so we wouldn't exactly sit and give you the name of a site, risking our own butts..

XXD17

Draco rex
Again, they were being hit with an attack. They planned to get away in their rocket booster Meowth balloon, but Pikachu caught them, they aren't just going to sit there with blanc faces, they knew they were done and showed it.

Considering Team Rocket isn't being used as comedic relief; which is what the old Team Rocket was mainly about, not it's not obvious that they are back. It's obvious the writers had no intentions to use them as comedic relief here. Plus, we know they hack into Team Plasma's stuff later on. The use of the Meowth balloon doesn't make a difference either, that didn't make them what they were before, now if they start using Pokemon mechas in every episode then they would have some of their old traits back. And if they are intentionally used for humor purposes, then they are even more like they were before. But right now, of what we know of Team Rocket so far, nothing indicates they are or will be like the way they were prior to Best Wishes, mainly do to the fact there has yet to be any actual comedic relief used for them, which again, was basically their main thing for the stuff before Best Wishes(With the odd episode here and there where they were somewhat threatening).

The thing here though is that before, they were always prepared with their jet packs ready even if their getaway ship gets blasted, not once were they taken by surprise like this...however, i do hear what you are saying, I do agree that they have not been used for comedic purposes...yet...as I said before, baby steps...start with the meowth balloon and a makeshift blast-off and ease into the old antics and bad jokes...as for threatening, they didn't seem real threatening...sure the usual bad jokes they would use pre-BW weren't used, their pokemon actually had an effect, and they were generally serious, but it did follow the old pattern...instead of "scheming for a greater plan", it's "steal a pokemon, get away with it"...something done mostly pre-BW by them...but then again, time will reveal the truth...I'd be fine either way but it just seems to me that it would proceed in my aforementioned direction...but of course a 360 is always possible...

Rohanator

Actually it's not illegal at all.

Shroomish can learn Body Slam from FR/LG Move Tutor and learns Stun Spore via Level Up. So it is still possible to have an Amoonguss in BW with it.
OH, well that's great. I was hoping that someone would prove me wrong. xD Serebii should have a "can learn via Move Tutor in a previous generation" section in their detailed egg move parents list or something.
Can anyone confirm Ash's exact words upon pulling that face when Muk glomped Oak? I don't understand Japanese..

He literally just said "Betbeton..." Which is Muk's Japanese name.

LizardonX

Banned
The Good of this episode.

The 3 seconds of Muk
Stunfisk Derping
Pikachu getting OHKOd.
TEAM ROCKET IS BLASTING OFF
The bad

For some reason emolga is not allowed to faint onscreen in a trainer battle. Ever
TR's grand debut scheme was them pushing some cart in the middle of a battle, music did NOT fit at all.
Why was Dragonite not used.
WHAT WERE IRiS AND CILAN DOING THE WHOLE TIME TR WAS IN FRONT OF THEM?!
For that matter juniper?
Everything about the girl.
Where was the obligatory Emboar headlocking new girl/burning down the house nightmare?!
Unfezant beat the TR new pokemon too easily.
How did it go from being pwned by a riolu to being superbird in 2 episodes?

This episode was basically the writers realizing they failed at ripping off Kanto and moved on to copying johto instead.

Ash and Co are traveling
They meet some boring one shot trainer with an even more boring problem
Said trainer is completely unlikable
Some more cute market filler
PREPARE FOR TROUBLE!
One shot+Ash=TR blasting off
Oh wait the problem magically dissapears
Ash moves on.

Rohanator

The Good of this episode.

The 3 seconds of Muk
Stunfisk Derping
Pikachu getting OHKOd.
TEAM ROCKET IS BLASTING OFF
The bad

For some reason emolga is not allowed to faint onscreen in a trainer battle. Ever
TR's grand debut scheme was them pushing some cart in the middle of a battle, music did NOT fit at all.
Why was Dragonite not used.
WHAT WERE IRiS AND CILAN DOING THE WHOLE TIME TR WAS IN FRONT OF THEM?!
For that matter juniper?
Everything about the girl.
Where was the obligatory Emboar headlocking new girl/burning down the house nightmare?!
Unfezant beat the TR new pokemon too easily.
How did it go from being pwned by a riolu to being superbird in 2 episodes?

This episode was basically the writers realizing they failed at ripping off Kanto and moved on to copying johto instead.

Ash and Co are traveling
They meet some boring one shot trainer with an even more boring problem
Said trainer is completely unlikable
Some more cute market filler
PREPARE FOR TROUBLE!
One shot+Ash=TR blasting off
Oh wait the problem magically dissapears
Ash moves on.

Please note that this was a pretty casual transition episode between the league and proper introduction of N. Ash comes back at the lab, wonders what he'll do, some sort of a reason for him to continue travelling is brought up and he leaves. Also it reintroduced TR and N was shown at the end.

fubufubu

the blast off is (kinda) back! it was more of a fall really.......just goes to show you guys (and any troper will tell you this) status quo is god!

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
It was good to hear the original motto for the first time since DP, plus the animation is pretty cool this time. I also liked them doing their old rhyming stuff again when they were leaving with tepig, but it was awkward when the rival destinies theme was in the background.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
It was good to hear the original motto for the first time since DP, plus the animation is pretty cool this time. I also liked them doing their old rhyming stuff again when they were leaving with tepig, but it was awkward when the rival destinies theme was in the background.

did the team rocket song play in the background during the episode?

Blaziryu

I thought this episode was meh. The new trainer as worrying about the most simple things which was really annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I thought this episode was meh. The new trainer was one freakin' annoying b*****. I mean, calm the f*** down. She was worrying about the most simple things which was really annoying.

Geez mad much? She was fine better then Iris at least.

Ok I'm going to say what we are all thinking!

Goddamn It James you messed up! It is To Unite All People Not Unite THE People? I know it has bee years but dude come on! You are killing me!~

As for N my body had this weird sensation when he appeared lol

Also what was with Ash being more of his AG/DP persona?

matt0044

Is that you as Nanette (sp?), Cristina Vee? Even though she was Layla already before...

O.O Cristina Vee was on Pokemon?!

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
She was Layla in Unrest at the Nursery.

Forgot about that role, so I thought Nanette (Natasha?) was her. Kinda not so sure anymore now that I remembered Layla.

At times I thought it Stephanie Shea but idk.

Where are people getting the wrong english names from? Everyone thought her name was Natasha and I remember people thinking Cameron's name was Ralphie at one point. Is there a site or something giving out wrong dub names? JW

Asrialys

At times I thought it Stephanie Shea but idk.
I'll need to give the episode another listen.

Where are people getting the wrong english names from? Everyone thought her name was Natasha and I remember people thinking Cameron's name was Ralphie at one point. Is there a site or something giving out wrong dub names? JW
Yeah, I often go to Bulbapedia for the spellings of one-off characters, and I was pretty confused looking at this episode's page and not finding Nanette anywhere. Then I went, "Who's Natasha?"