• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Places... Familiar Faces! (770)

matt0044

At times I thought it Stephanie Shea but idk.

Where are people getting the wrong english names from? Everyone thought her name was Natasha and I remember people thinking Cameron's name was Ralphie at one point. Is there a site or something giving out wrong dub names? JW

Ralphie sounds like a good name for Cameron actually.

SmartD

The Episode N arc begins. That Nanette girl was really shy. And Team Rocket used their old motto and used their old balloon instead of their jetpacks. Maybe we'll see the old Team Rocket again? It was a good episode.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
The Episode N arc begins. That Nanette girl was really shy. And Team Rocket used their old motto and used their old balloon instead of their jetpacks. Maybe we'll see the old Team Rocket again? It was a good episode.

I like how it was a fusion old rockets and new. Like they were funny like OS-A Rocket but had the same skills as BW Rocket. I can live with this. wish N said one thing. I'm dying to find out who is doing him. Hoping it is Vic but idk. I know Tom Wayland did him in the BW2 special but Elesa and Bianca had different voices in that so not sure Tom is doing N,

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Dear Arceus, this was actually a great episode. I would definitely place this in my Top 10 for Best Wishes. It started off with Stunfisk laughing like a maniac whenever it got hit by Thunderbolt or Discharge and it only improved from there. Nanette was one of the rare good CotDs, having a unique and funny personality and getting genuine character development over the course of the episode. Unfezant took several levels in bad*** in this episode. And, best of all, the Team Rocket of old has returned! They're chasing Pikachu, cracking jokes, speaking in alliteration and rhymes, flying in the Meowth balloon, and even blasting off again! And despite all that, they're still managing to keep up their more threatening demeanor from the rest of BW. All in all, it's a triumphant return if I ever saw one!

Oh, and N. N is awesome too, honestly, but his brief appearance paled in comparison to the rest of this episode.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I can tell that the animators reused old character models outside of battles. That (male!) Snivy appearing, for example, was already used a long time ago...but maybe I'm being too nitpicky.

Oh, Iris and Cilan, you two have such important goals that it looks like you're finally doing something! Especially you, Cilan!

Haha, you still get no development till the Da Islands.

Poor children living outside Japan. The opening didn't get a makeover, and now they'll be left wondering when Trip and Bianca are going to appear again. Too bad they all died offscreen.

So, is there any reason they're taking a detour to Aspertia City? To think they were close to Dragonspiral Tower right around the corner...

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Oh yeah, that's the other thing I liked about the episode. This is really one of Ash's least selfish decisions he's made when it comes to his post-League travels. At the ends of all the other regions, he was immediately ready to head off on some new adventure, hunting badges of some kind (or symbols, don't nitpick!). But now, instead of rushing off to a new region, he's sticking with Iris and Cilan on their travels just so he can help them train for their goals. That's certainly an interesting twist on the way things normally go in the anime.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Oh yeah, that's the other thing I liked about the episode. This is really one of Ash's least selfish decisions he's made when it comes to his post-League travels. At the ends of all the other regions, he was immediately ready to head off on some new adventure, hunting badges of some kind (or symbols, don't nitpick!). But now, instead of rushing off to a new region, he's sticking with Iris and Cilan on their travels just so he can help them train for their goals. That's certainly an interesting twist on the way things normally go in the anime.
It has nothing to do with ash being non-selfish. It's only because they have to have filler all the way until XY.

And I wonder who will voice N and cheren.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Also...

Jessie: That Pikachu is full of possibilities.

Are you kidding me? This damned Pikachu can't win a league even if his life depended on it! What the heck is so important about this one? Maybe they want to recreate the Electro Spirit Bomb, but seriously, I can't take these guys seriously anymore... Oh well. I'm partially glad that Ash's training dummies are back.

Pros:
-Everything about Team Rocket (their return, 2 new Pokémon, Kanto Motto, the challenge they presented)
-The COTD was awesome. She had some really cool moments.
-Seeing characters such as N, Muk, Oak, Cedric, and Juniper.
-The music they played during the fight with TR (the Rival Destinies music).
-Setting off on a new journey.
-Hearing about the White Ruins and Reshiram from Cedric.

Cons:
-Not updating the opening to include Plasma scenes.
-The tag battle being interrupted by Plasma.
-We need to wait another week to hear N's voice.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Kind of disappointed that the opening didn't get edited at all. We might not even see bianca, stephan, or trip again in the series.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I loved this episode. I didn't like the new girl and hope we don't have to see her again. It was nice seeing a male Snivy again and I was laughed when Stunfisk enjoyed being shocked by Pikachu. Tepig's reaction when he was asked to use Thunder was also hilarious.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
It has nothing to do with ash being non-selfish. It's only because they have to have filler all the way until XY.

And I wonder who will voice N and cheren.

Doubt the arc is all filler plus if it is character growth for C or I it is non filler

Also...

Jessie: That Pikachu is full of possibilities.

Are you kidding me? This damned Pikachu can't win a league even if his life depended on it! What the heck is so important about this one? Maybe they want to recreate the Electro Spirit Bomb, but seriously, I can't take these guys seriously anymore... Oh well. I'm partially glad that Ash's training dummies are back.

Pikachu and Ash have saved the world many times the only issue with them winning a league is the writers. any shows worst enemy

matt0044

PLEASELETNBEVOICEDWELL, PLEASELETNBEVOICEDWELL, etc...

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Doubt the arc is all filler plus if it is character growth for C or I it is non filler

Um....well, I cant really respond to that because I'm assuming you don't watch sub'd or see the episode screencaps, and I don't want to put any spoilers. Well I guess you'll find out.

There is absolutely no development for either one of them.

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
PLEASELETNBEVOICEDWELL, PLEASELETNBEVOICEDWELL, etc...

Yuri Lowenthal

(Don't take that seriously...actually Yuri would not be that bad)

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Aside from the brief appearance of N at the end, there were some cons about this ep.

-I'm so sick and tired of hearing Iris calling other people kids like she ain't one her damn self. The same thing over and over. Man, i miss MIsty and May(Pokemon advanced series)

-Nanette. Kinda annoying from the start.

-Team Rocket....hearing and seeing them today after being MIA for months and they're actin like the TR from the DP saga. WTF, those annoying rhymes of theirs, the let's cature Pikachu plan, 2 Pokemon we've seen few to many times before and not even that popular, and i or would've liked hearing the original motto again if i didn't have to hear that same recycled DP music again!( Does 4Kids have license to the original music from the older Pokemon series or something?)

-What also irked me the most is that they showed Prof Oak with the same annoying James-like screeching voice yet they also go and show Prof Juniper with the VA doing Oak's old voice! Why couldn't they just switch or something?

-And i already can see that they won't redo the opening for the Plasma arc for unknown lame reasons.

Despite all this, i'm still looking forward to the Plasma arc beginning next week

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
If I didn't know what I do about how poorly this episode represents the episodes to come by only keeping track of the dub, I'd be considering dropping the show. The dub made this even more painful.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Aside from the brief appearance of N at the end, there were some cons about this ep.

-I'm so sick and tired of hearing Iris calling other people kids like she ain't one her damn self. The same thing over and over. Man, i miss MIsty and May(Pokemon advanced series)

-Nanette. Kinda annoying from the start.

-Team Rocket....hearing and seeing them today after being MIA for months and they're actin like the TR from the DP saga. WTF, those annoying rhymes of theirs, the let's cature Pikachu plan, 2 Pokemon we've seen few to many times before and not even that popular, and i or would've liked hearing the original motto again if i didn't have to hear that same recycled DP music again!( Does 4Kids have license to the original music from the older Pokemon series or something?)

-What also irked me the most is that they showed Prof Oak with the same annoying James-like screeching voice yet they also go and show Prof Juniper with the VA doing Oak's old voice! Why couldn't they just switch or something?

-And i already can see that they won't redo the opening for the Plasma arc for unknown lame reasons.

Despite all this, i'm still looking forward to the Plasma arc beginning next week

Honestly, all of those but the last two are pros for me. Iris's hypocrisy is pretty funny, Nanette was IMO a rare example of a well-written CotD, and the pre-BW TRio are my favorite characters in the show's history. But I'm kinda weird, so I understand if those opinions are unpopular.