• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Places... Familiar Faces! (770)

If I didn't know what I do about how poorly this episode represents the episodes to come by only keeping track of the dub, I'd be considering dropping the show. The dub made this even more painful.

What was so different about this episode from the original? Was it TRio's script? I think I might have caught a rhyme in there somewhere.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
What was so different about this episode from the original? Was it TRio's script? I think I might have caught a rhyme in there somewhere.

The entire appearance was full of the same junk from DP; I'm surprised the dub didn't add 'WE'RE BLASTING OFF AGAIN' too. Old TR contributes nothing to the show and hadn't since Johto at best.

That's without mentioning Jimmy Zoppi's especially horrific voice acting in this episode.

I did like how they lampshaded the return of the old motto by saying 'words of yore' ... but it's not even the original motto really. They didn't always tack on random phrases after 'prepare for trouble' and 'make it double.'

The entire appearance was full of the same junk from DP; I'm surprised the dub didn't add 'WE'RE BLASTING OFF AGAIN' too. Old TR contributes nothing to the show and hadn't since Johto at best.

That's without mentioning Jimmy Zoppi's especially horrific voice acting in this episode.

I did like how they lampshaded the return of the old motto by saying 'words of yore' ... but it's not even the original motto really. They didn't always tack on random phrases after 'prepare for trouble' and 'make it double.'

Besides adding some words to the Kanto motto, didn't James actually say one line incorrectly? I thought I heard him say, "to unite all people within the nation" or something like that instead of "to unite all people within our nation." I know one line was said incorrectly. And like I said after the original episode aired, I wish they used the Kanto music as well.

Last edited:

YoshiAngemon

Storm Trainer
I liked the Old Motto. I guess it kinda makes me want to put "Double Trouble (Team Rocket)" on my SD Card. "Team Rocket's Rockin', talking trouble, double trouble, big trouble's gonna follow you! We're gonna capture Pikachu."

I liked the Old Motto. I guess it kinda makes me want to put "Double Trouble (Team Rocket)" on my SD Card. "Team Rocket's Rockin', talking trouble, double trouble, big trouble's gonna follow you! We're gonna capture Pikachu."

Yeah, it's hard not to feel nostalgic listening to that motto and that "Double Trouble" song is awesome! :)

RVD_fan

I actually like this episode, it slows things down nicely in preparation for the N arc. Although I think some of the humor was lost from the original, people screaming and freaking out is just funnier in Japanese. But I always like an episode that shows the start of a trainer's journey.

N is never going to not be awesome, but it will be disappointing if he gets the Virgil treatment.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Before watching this, I already had the idea that Team Rocket was reverting back to their old ways. What I didn't pick up was that they reused their motto from the older days! That was quite a twist, and I'm liking the mix up between the older TR and the new TP. While the newer ones aren't so deathly threatening, Jessies/James/Meowth are pretty balanced.

Nanette was hilarious; poor girl wouldn't stop worrying about anything. It did get a little annoying at the middle of the episode. But I'm glad she picked herself up, and gained some confidence.

Good episode, loved it.

N appearing at the end was pretty cool. Since I'm cosplaying as him for a con in this Summer, I got a better view at what his shoes should look like. Thanks, N!

diakyu

N is never going to not be awesome, but it will be disappointing if he gets the Virgil treatment.
what do you mean by Virgil treatment?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I don't want freaking Ben Tennyson stuck in N's body. (Somehow, this joke makes sense).

The voice has to be slightly creepy. Maybe they'll end up using the one in the B2W2 trailer.

Tom Wayland?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Before watching this, I already had the idea that Team Rocket was reverting back to their old ways. What I didn't pick up was that they reused their motto from the older days! That was quite a twist, and I'm liking the mix up between the older TR and the new TP. While the newer ones aren't so deathly threatening, Jessies/James/Meowth are pretty balanced.

Nanette was hilarious; poor girl wouldn't stop worrying about anything. It did get a little annoying at the middle of the episode. But I'm glad she picked herself up, and gained some confidence.

Good episode, loved it.

N appearing at the end was pretty cool. Since I'm cosplaying as him for a con in this Summer, I got a better view at what his shoes should look like. Thanks, N!

N cosplay should be fun :) I liked how TR were done too. Good balance.

I don't want freaking Ben Tennyson stuck in N's body. (Somehow, this joke makes sense).

The voice has to be slightly creepy. Maybe they'll end up using the one in the B2W2 trailer.

Tom Wayland?

RVD_fan

what do you mean by Virgil treatment?
I thought Virgil's dub voice came across as obnoxious when he's supposed to be kind of calm and mature.

Maybe it was just me.

matt0044

Okay, I'll grant the script writer that ONE TRio alliteration. I only hope that's one of few if any...

matt0044

It's too bad Stuart couldn't voice Oak but I suppose it'd be inconsistent in this dub. Oh well...

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
The dub wasn't too bad. Was Nanette also voiced by the same chick whom voices Iris? She sounded similar. I like how Ash was such a gentleman with her.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Best part of this episode? TR's motto & Frillish
Worst part of this episode? Everything else, especially Nanette. Children find this stuff funny?

diakyu

Worst part of this episode? Everything else, especially Nanette. Children find this stuff funny?
I found some of the things Nanette did funny lol. But I laugh at a lot of things.

But this episode really proves how well Team Rocket can handle their Pokemon. All of Episode N is exactly how I feel TRio should be treated. And hearing the old motto in english was great.

Vipsoccermaster

Fine episode. There were funny parts of it, yes. Nanette was annoying in the first half of the episode, though. Great to hear Team Rocket using their original motto, it's been a long time since they last did that motto.

Nice to see Cheren being mentioned, too. And at the end with N, oh boy, next week is where it really starts.