• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Places... Familiar Faces! (770)

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I knew his voiced sounds different. Kind of saddening, and I'm assuming he's got a new voice actor?

Jimmy Zoppi, same guy who does James and Meowth. Listen carefully and you can hear Meowth and to a lesser extent Oak sounding exactly like Gary.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
To be honest, I didn't think I was going to enjoy this episode as it is significantly different to what we have experienced recently. However, I am pleased to say that I was pleasantly surprised and I really liked it.

The story was very simple and Nanette was a character with fantastic comedy value, especially when she threw her pokeball. It was nice to see Professor Juniper again and on top of that we saw our good friend Oak too. We also saw Juniper's father, Cedric, where he explained the gang's next journey and I am very excited to see how it pans out but there is only one stand out moment in this episode and that was Team Rocket. It was so good to see them back to their old selves which I have missed for so long but as people have mentioned before, they have held on to some of their more serious persona. Not only that, lots more returned including the Meowth Balloon and the Kanto motto (Almost). However, my only negative comment and I don't know if anybody else thought the same way but I was hoping that Seviper, Carnivine and co would return but instead we have Frillish and Amoonguss which were interesting to say the least.

Anyway, good episode, good to see old Team Rocket back and I look forward to how this new adventure develops. Onto the next one!

adamfitz

poké-lover
I liked this episode
Wasn't amazing but I did enjoy it
I loved seeing unfezant in action she's so strong now
Nanette was a nice character to see and throwing her pokeball was priceless

I had 1 problem
Jessie and james' new pokemon
I love that they got new pokemon and ones that suit them so well
But amoongus I would like to be attached to James, the usual
And I also wanted to see them catch them!

It seems like writers are getting so lazy now
With Jessie and James just having new pokemon out of nowhere and ash's special training with levanny and palpitoad for example
These could make great fillers instead of them just saying it happened

matt0044

I knew his voiced sounds different. Kind of saddening, and I'm assuming he's got a new voice actor?

Where've you been for the last five years?

SlimeStack

I'm glad the dub is already back to making Team Rocket rhyme. Seems like they're transitioning back to comedy faster than in Japanese.

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
Ugh Team Rocket rhyming in the dub, I just couldnt take them serious. The way they were wrote throughout the episode seemed so different to the Japanese version. I hope that come the Plasma episodes their serious nature is more present in the dub.

matt0044

Ugh Team Rocket rhyming in the dub, I just couldnt take them serious. The way they were wrote throughout the episode seemed so different to the Japanese version. I hope that come the Plasma episodes their serious nature is more present in the dub.

I only heard just one alliteration. One of FEW I hope to God.

SlimeStack

I only heard just one alliteration. One of FEW I hope to God.

That's already more classic TRio than the Japanese version did at this point. If anything I'd expect more rhyming than ever over the course of the arc. It's how TCPi handles the classic TRio, so it's only natural.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Where've you been for the last five years?

Nearly unaware about Prof. Oak's voice change. xD He always sound the same to me, but something was completely different about him in this episode.

I knew PUSA/TCPi got new actors, but Prof. Oak doesn't appear so often, so it's hard to judge. This is also me who hasn't looked up his voice actor in awhile.

Aegon

Besides adding some words to the Kanto motto, didn't James actually say one line incorrectly? I thought I heard him say, "to unite all people within the nation" or something like that instead of "to unite all people within our nation." I know one line was said incorrectly. And like I said after the original episode aired, I wish they used the Kanto music as well.
He said "To unite the people within our nation", I think.

SlimeStack

He said "To unite the people within our nation", I think.

Yeah, he did. It sounded very awkward. Apart from that I thought James' VA did the motto just fine. I actually had more of a problem with Jessie's VA. Her voice wasn't bad or anything, I just thought she sounded weird reciting a 4kids motto that only appeared in like one Sinnoh episode. This is quite odd considering I thought Jessie's voice changed less than James' when they made the switch. o_O

Junifer with a spanker.. epic! don't you think?
Yeah i doubt a oshawott can squrt enogh water to put a room underwater.
I muted the tepig tunderbolt part.
at last! were getting somewhere with Cherin.
N appears.

The show was pretty good.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was a decent episode. Nanette was irritating at first, but she certainly redeemed herself a bit fighting Team Rocket. Speaking of TR, it was a delight to hear that old TR motto again after so long.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Haha, I really like this episode its pretty funny! Now Ash, Iris and Cilan are going back to Professor Juniper's lab!

So I thought Nanette is really funny, lol! I also like Ash teaching her not to be scared of everything and all about battling, by having a tag battle with her against Iris and Cilan but its too bad it gets interrupted by Team Rocket returning again.. :/

Oh, it looks like Team Rocket got new Pokemon and the Meowth Balloon returns! Also, it seems like they're after Pikachu and acting a little more silly but are finally blasting off again! So anyway, Ash, Iris and Cilan set off by ship to visit the White Ruins located near Dragonspiral Tower to see Reshiram there!! :O

Well, after it looks like N appears walking down on another port's stairs! Anyway, I found this episode funny but now I'm really looking forward to the next episode!

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
I couldn't stomach the dub...we seriously need a new script writer.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Oh yeah, I forgot to say Team Rocket saying their first motto is really cool too! Its 'cause I always like their mottos.. XD So anyway, it seems like they're going back to their previous ways of acting silly and with plans of catching Pikachu again, huh?

matt0044

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
It would be interesting if Annette ended up being one of Ash's rivals in the next series tbh

Battra

Ugh terrible episode, TR doing their same old shtick, annoying character Nanette, and the writer's forgetting that Iris and Cilan were actually present. If this is how we start the "N arc" then I have no faith that were going to get anything competent, cause at this point the writer's have obviously given up and just putting out crap just to get paid.

Ugh terrible episode, TR doing their same old shtick, annoying character Nanette, and the writer's forgetting that Iris and Cilan were actually present. If this is how we start the "N arc" then I have no faith that were going to get anything competent, cause at this point the writer's have obviously given up and just putting out crap just to get paid.

And is doing your job to get paid so you have what you need a bad thing? Howw are the writters giving up, please elaborate.