• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Planned Double Battle Subway Team

chap196

This is my planned BW2 Battle Subway team, so I can use BW2 move tutor move.

Galvantula
Item Life Orb
Nature Timid
Ability Compoundeyes
EVs 252 Special Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
Move Set
Thunder
Bug Buzz
Hidden Power Ice
Giga Drain (Ferrin)
One of my lead

Bronzong
Item Light Clay
Nature Sassy
Ability Levitate
EVs 252 HP/ 174 Defense/ 74 Special Defense (zhanton)
Move Set
Reflect
Light Screen
Confuse Ray/Toxic
Gyro Ball
My Dual Screen

Arcanine
Item Life Orb
Nature Mild (Aura Sensai)
Ability Flash Fire/Intimidate/Justified
EVs 74 Attack/ 178 Special Attack/ 252 Speed
Move Set
Flamethrower/Fire Blast (redcharizard)
Wild Charge (Aura Sensai)
Dragon Pulse
Extream Speed
My Mix Attacker

Sharpedo (redcharizard)
Item Focus Sash
Nature Adamant/Jolly
Ability Speed Boost
EVs 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
Move Set
Waterfall (Aura Sensai)
Earthquake/Return/Protect (redcharizard)
Crunch
Return/Ice Fang/Protect (Aura Sensai)
My Physical Attacker

Please feel free to give some suggestion.

Last edited:

Ferrin

Easily Lost
my opinion is teaching galvantula how to use giga drain. it is increased to 75 damage on black and white and five damage below energy ball.sucking up health will be really helpful

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
This is my planned BW2 Battle Subway team, so I can use BW2 move tutor move.

Basculin
Item Focus Sash
Nature Adamant/Jolly
Ability Adaptability
EVs 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
Move Set
Waterfall
Return
Crunch
Aqua Jet
My Physical Attacker

Please feel free to give some suggestion.

Sharpedo is better at physical attacking then Basculin due to stab crunch higher atk and speed boost it can run the same set as Basculin with the only difference being that Sharpedo doesn't get Adaptability for Waterfall.

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
You could ditch Arcanine for Politoad and Basculin for Sharpedo as suggested. The you will have a rain team. Drizzle from Politoad will weaken Fire type attacks against Gavantula and Bronzong. It will give Gavantulas Thunder near perfect accuracy and will boost any Water moves on Sharpedo which will compensate for not having Adaptability.

chap196

For Ferrin
I never know that Giga Drain power increase, so I will use Giga Drain instead of Energy Ball.

For redcharizard
OK, I will use Sharpedo instead of Basculin since I already have a correct nature Sharpedo.

For Master of Grass
Good idea, but I will not use it because I don't like Rain Team and I don't like Politoad.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Wild Charge > Close Combat , it's crazy not to use it imo. Water Types will kill you if Galvantula is down. Mild > Lonely and use 252 Speed / 178 Sp.Atk / 74 Atk for the EV's.

Protect > Ice Fang to get a needed Speed Boost if you're outsped. Waterfall > Aqua Jet.

chap196

For Aura Sensai
I will use Wild Charge instead of Close Combat to cover Water. I will change Arcanine EVs to 252 Speed/ 178 Special Attack/ 78 Attack since it has more Attack than Special Attack. I'm not sure about Protect because I am not sure that do I need Ice coverages in my team to kill Dragon Type. I will replace Aqua Jet with Waterfall. Thanks for the suggestion.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Fire blast is an option on Arcanine as doubles are very short and the extra power(37 more points when you include stab) can help although its accuracy and low pp are a problem(the pp can be increased to 8 with a pp max.)

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Item Clause is present in the Battle Subway. Since Sharpedo has Protect, you shouldn't give it a Choice item; instead probably give it Leftovers, or even a Life Orb. Arcanine can have a Choice Band and Galvantula can have whatever item Sharpedo doesn't use (imo give Galvantula Life Orb as it can heal off some of the recoil through Giga Drain).

With Bronzong run a 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD EV spread with the Sassy nature, as this evens out its Defences.

And also make sure you run Protect as the last move on Sharpedo for a free Speed Boost.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Replace Earthquake with portect on Sharpedo as it has perfect coverage with Return and its 2 stab moves. Water and normal used to be famous for this until Jellicent came in and rained on Azumarill parade(Azumaril has the highest damage output of any non boosting Physical water type due to its ability but it relied on Double edge and Waterfall/Aqua jet to work well.) Sharpedo handles Jellicent with Crunch so Earthquake is unnessary.

Edit: I forgot about Empoleon who counters it so you may want to keep Earthquake but apart from that Water normal has great coverage check to see if Earthquake handles anything that specifically threatens your team if it does use it over return.

Last edited:

chap196

Thanks for the suggestion everybody, all changes were in Bold

For Zhanton
I accidently put Choice Band on Sharpedo, so I will edit it. I will change Bronzong EVs to 252 HP/ 174 Defense/ 74 Special Defense.

For redcharizard
I will use Protect instead Earthquake.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Item Clause is present in the Battle Subway. Since Sharpedo has Protect, you shouldn't give it a Choice item; instead probably give it Leftovers, or even a Life Orb. Arcanine can have a Choice Band and Galvantula can have whatever item Sharpedo doesn't use (imo give Galvantula Life Orb as it can heal off some of the recoil through Giga Drain).

With Bronzong run a 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD EV spread with the Sassy nature, as this evens out its Defences.

And also make sure you run Protect as the last move on Sharpedo for a free Speed Boost.

zhanton , have you noticed he's running MixedNine?

Just stick with the Sash on Sharpedo.