• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Platinum team need help!

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Flappy,are you drunk?That Gallade is horrid,it wants Close Combat / Stone Edge / Psycho Cut / Leaf Blade.Earthquake is **** with Close Combat.

Flappy

<3 Flappy
Flappy,are you drunk?That Gallade is horrid,it wants Close Combat / Stone Edge / Psycho Cut / Leaf Blade.Earthquake is **** with Close Combat.
Both work but Earthquake is more reliable and has more PP useage.

arceus03

^Actually, less so. With Stone Edge, you get neutral coverage everywhere. With Earthquake, Gallade gets resisted by Psychic types who also resist Ground, like Exeggutor/Celebi/Xatu and the likes. If you want both STAB and Earthquake, I'd say replace Leaf Blade with Night Slash, since Grass and Psychic are both lacking in terms of coverage, so the two types are interchangeable imo.

Last edited:

benwsf

The Torterra Trainer
Here's the Gallade I'm using on my Platinum team:
Gallade @Life Orb/Choice Band/Choice Scarf
Adamant
Steadfast
-Psycho Cut
-Leaf Blade
-Rock Slide/Stone Edge
-Close Combat

Last edited:

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
How good is Gallade as to Leafeon?

Sohryu

Be a Man!
^Actually, less so. With Stone Edge, you get neutral coverage everywhere. With Earthquake, Gallade gets resisted by Psychic types who also resist Ground, like Exeggutor/Celebi/Xatu and the likes. If you want both STAB and Earthquake, I'd say replace Leaf Blade with Night Slash, since Grass and Psychic are both lacking in terms of coverage, so the two types are interchangeable imo.
It's funny seeing you using this as a valid argument. Exeggutor/Celebi/Xatu doesn't exist on a Platinum In-Game...They aren't a problem. Anyway, Gallade Can't get unresisted Moveset, Toxicroak resist all of Gallade Sets. But yeah, Logan Set was 10 Times more viable. Putting Earthquake on a Fighting-Type is...Stupid :p

arceus03

It's funny seeing you using this as a valid argument. Exeggutor/Celebi/Xatu doesn't exist on a Platinum In-Game...They aren't a problem. Anyway, Gallade Can't get unresisted Moveset, Toxicroak resist all of Gallade Sets. But yeah, Logan Set was 10 Times more viable. Putting Earthquake on a Fighting-Type is...Stupid :p

Not with Psycho Cut :p

And yeah, I guess you're right. But eh. And I think some of the post E4 trainers do have Xatu and whatnot. Still, moot point. Meh.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Btw you should update the OP. Otherwise I see that Stealth Rock needs to GTFO on Empoleon and be replaced by Flash Cannon / Agility.

Lucas , the set I suggested has a Gallade with Psycho Cut... Psycho Cut is 4x SE against Toxicroak :p

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Btw you should update the OP. Otherwise I see that Stealth Rock needs to GTFO on Empoleon and be replaced by Flash Cannon / Agility.

Lucas , the set I suggested has a Gallade with Psycho Cut... Psycho Cut is 4x SE against Toxicroak :p
Yeah, i didn't realized that. Anyway, Two STABs moves on Gallade are Redundant. Close Combat will always do better than Psycho Cut. And while Toxicroak looks like a big Treat, it aren't. Toxicroak have poor defense, meaning that everything with a acceptable attack will manage to KO Toxicroak. So, yeah, Psycho Cut is redundant, no more questions.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Not really , if you net coverage aainst Fighting Types and Poison Types ( such as Toxicroak ). Toxicroak can be a problem with Gallade if you don't have Psycho Cut.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Updated my team everyone see if its ok/needs any changes i've tried to keep STAB moves and keep it to similar/same on pokemon.