• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Platinum team need help!

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
NO hidden power/EVs/IVs. Restarting Platinum or Diamond so want a new team for either game. Not decided which one. Got an additional DS so can trade eggs to games.

Empoleon
Modest/Bold

Surf
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Stealth Rock

Garchomp
Jolly

Swords Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Dragon Claw

Seems to be similar to the movesets given

Luxray
Adamant

Crunch
Ice Fang
Spark
Return

Honchrow
Adamant
Night Slash
Aerial Ace
Superpower
Fly

Ninetails
Timid

Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Nasty Plot
Dark Pulse

Gallade
Jolly

Close Combat
Psycho Cut
Leaf Blade
Bulk up

Go on then since i've never used this one before either

Last edited:

chap196

Sword Dance Garchomp
Item Life Orb
Nature Adamant/Jolly
Ability Sand Veil
Move Set
Earthquake
Dragon Claw/Outrage
Stone Edge/Rock Slide
Sword Dance
Earthquake for a good STAB move, also it has high power and high accuracy
Dragon Claw for a good STAB move or Outrage for more power
Stone Edge for more power and it has high critical hit ratio or Rock Slide for more accuracy, also Rock Slide has 30% chance to flinch your opponent Pokemon
Sword Dance gain Attack by 2 stage which make Garchomp OHKO your opponent Pokemon more easier

Choice Garchomp
Item Choice Band
Nature Jolly
Ability Sand Veil
Move Set
Dragon Claw/Outrage
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Crunch/Fire Fang
Nearly Everthing is the same as the first Sword Dance set except it need to use Crunch or Fire Fang instead of Sword Dance because this is the Choice Band set.

Emeraldfan

Agility > Stealth Rock. SR is useless ingame.

Garchomp
Jolly
~ Swords Dance
~ Dragon Claw
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Fang

Standard, and for a reason. P0wns sh!t backwards :)

DragoniteRules1

Pokemon Breeder
For Garchomp use Jolly/Adamant

-Earthquake
-Outrage
-Stone Edge
-Dragon Claw

Or

-Swords Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
For Gallade:

Gallade@ Expert Belt
Nature: Jolly

Bulk Up
Stone Edge
Drain Punch
Shadow Sneak/Night Slash

Fairly standard, Bulk Up helps with subpar defense, and raises you attack. Drain Punch heals damage. Nightslash can be placed over Shadow Sneak if you don't want to breed for Egg Moves.

Alternatively you could do this with Gallade

Gallade @Expert Belt
Jolly

Swords Dance
Stone Edge
Close Combat
Night Slash

Standard. Swords Dance once, and go from there.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
^Gallade wants Psycho Cut>Night Slash.

Ninetales @Wise Glasses
]Timid l Flash Fire[
• Flamethrower
• Energy Ball
• Nasty Plot
• Dark Pulse / Extrasensory

Standard ~

Garchomp @Life Ob
]Jolly l Sand Veil[
• Dragon Claw
• Earthquake
• Rock Slide
• Swords Dance

QuakeSlide.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Which of the options I put in at the end under the either option covers my team's weaknesses?

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Atm 3 of your pokemon are weak to Ground,but no particular weakness.I would personally go with Dark Pulse.

arceus03

If someone can send me a link of breeding energy ball and hypnosis to vulpix I will be entirnily grateful :)

Get a Stantler, who can learn both moves. Saves time.
It's spelt eternally, btw

dpmfa452.png

Drapion @ Razor Claw / Scope Lens
Impish / Sniper

• Night Slash
• Cross Poison
• Brick Break/Fire Fang
• Swords Dance

Cross your finger and hope for a critical hit. lol. Though you can still get a pretty hard hit because of Swords Dance.

Regardless of your third move, you'll either get resisted by Tyranitar or... Toxicroak. (Not that there's a lot of Tyranitar in games, and you have other members to take care of the toad). I really prefer Fire Fang since it lets you hit Bronzong for SE damage, but Brick Break nabs you a lot of coverage along with Night Slash. I see no point in throwing Earthquake there since Garchomp already has it :x

Night Slash is an egg move btw.

Last edited:

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
I'll use Leafeon as my sixth option due to the ground weakness to cover my ground typing.

Could I get Driftblim help as well?

I've never used Drapion/Garchomp so thank you for the options and help with these pokemon.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
470.png

Leafon@Leftovers
°Leaf Blade
°Swords Dance
°Return
°X-Scissor
Leafon isn't the best option in any team. Even knowing he have Considerably good Defense, It's have a poor Movepool, Meaning that he will get walled pretty easy, forcing you to switch.
Anyway, Moveset is the best i could do with him, Leafblade is a powerful STAB move, it will do considerably good damage, Specially after 2 Swords Dance. Return Is...a option to hit Grass/Bug types that Wall your STAB, And he will do quite a good Damage at full Happiness . X-Scissor Will do good Damage To Those Pesky Psychic type, But they aren't a Problem.
Anyway, Consider Bronzong instead of Leafon. Bronzong can be Bulky and powerful, Unlike Leafon.
Hope this Helped, good luck ^^

Last edited:

arceus03

I'll use Leafeon as my sixth option due to the ground weakness to cover my ground typing.

Could I get Driftblim help as well?

I've never used Drapion/Garchomp so thank you for the options and help with these pokemon.

Can you update the first post with the Pokemon you've decided to use and their movesets? It makes things much less confusing. :p

dpmfa426.png

Drifblim @ Chesto Berry
Modest / Unburden

• Calm Mind
• Rest
• Thunderbolt
• Shadow Ball

This Smogon set uses Unburden to great effect. However, if you want to have Fly, something like Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt / Psychic / Fly could work. You could have Thunder Wave for some support but eh.

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Luxray @Choice Band
]Jolly l Intimidate[
• Spark
• Return
• Ice Fang
• Crunch

Imo Ice Fang is a must since otherwise it will be hard to hit Grounds.Crunch and Return provide some coverage,wjhile Spark acts as your STAB.It's slightly better than Thunder Fang.

arceus03

Luxray @Choice Band
]Jolly l Intimidate[
• Spark
• Return
• Ice Fang
• Crunch

Imo Ice Fang is a must since otherwise it will be hard to hit Grounds.Crunch and Return provide some coverage,wjhile Spark acts as your STAB.It's slightly better than Thunder Fang.

That's the set the OP had on her Luxray. :p

Flappy

<3 Flappy
Your post appears kinda sloppy to me but ill give it a go :) .

1.Empoleon @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Modest
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot /Flash Cannon
-Agility
Flash Cannon is also good coverage along with STAB but you could keep Grass Knot for it will cover a far amount as Flash Cannon
will. So pretty much optional. Agility to give Empoleon that extra speed he will needed to make him that Special Sweeper. Basically
set up then sweep.

2.Garchomp @ Muscle Band
Ability: Sand Veil
-Dragon Claw / Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Fang / Stone Edge
-Swords Dance
Dragon Claw or Outrage mainly for the STAB, Dragon Claw if you don't like the confusion and Outrage if don't mind it. Earthquake
for coverage, STAB, and overrall good move.They both will do you good for coverage wise so.

3.Luxray @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
-Crunch
-Ice Fang
-Spark
-Superpower
Superpower for its coverage and yet goes well with Banded Luxray.

4.Drapion @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sniper
Nature: Impish
-Cross Poison
-Swords Dance
-Night Slash
-X Scissors
Cross Poison for STAB along with descent base power, and good chance to poison also has a high crit ratio. Toxic Spikes to
set up a good entry hazard to slowly wear down the foe of poison who get thrown in, also goes good with Drapion and his nice
defenses. Night Slash for coverage and STAB. X-Scissors for more coverage.

5.Ninetales @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Timid
-Flamethrower
-Energy Ball
-Nasty Plot
-Dark Pulse
Dark Pulse for it just adds on to coverage that your gonna get and is pretty standard with his set up then sweep set.

6.Gallade @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
-Close Combat
-Psycho Cut
-Leaf Blade
-Earthquake
All apply good coverage In-Game. But Leaf Blade will probably provide less. Oh well its a great move overrall. Close Combat
for STAB and great base power, even if it lowers his defenses they weren't good any ways. Psycho Cut also for STAB and Physical
side of Psychic typing. Leaf Blade and Earthquake just provide extra coverage to top it off.

Hope this helped.

Last edited:

arceus03

Your post appears kinda sloppy to me but ill give it a go :) .

1.Empoleon @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Modest
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot /Flash Cannon
-Agility
Flash Cannon is also good coverage along with STAB but you could keep Grass Knot for it will cover a far amount as Flash Cannon
will. So pretty much optional. Agility to give Empoleon that extra speed he will needed to make him that Special Sweeper. Basically
set up then sweep.

Grass Knot is a must; I'd say Flash Cannon is an option only to replace Agility. Steel has horrible coverage offensively; only hitting Ice and Rock for SE damage (and even then, Rock is covered by Surf). Without Grass Knot, Empoleon gets walled by water types, a common type in the game.

4.Drapion @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sniper
Nature: Impish
-Cross Poison
-Toxic Spikes
-Night Slash
-X Scissors
Cross Poison for STAB along with descent base power, and good chance to poison also has a high crit ratio. Toxic Spikes to
set up a good entry hazard to slowly wear down the foe of poison who get thrown in, also goes good with Drapion and his nice
defenses. Night Slash for coverage and STAB. X-Scissors for more coverage.

I prefer Swords Dance > Toxic Spikes myself, since Toxic Spikes doesn't affect everyone and entry hazards are less useful in game. Also for the last slot, X-Scissors does nothing for Drapion. It hits Dark, Psychic and Grass for SE damage, two of which are already covered by Cross Poison and Night Slash. A better move imo would be Fighting/Fire/Ground; any of those three types would provide far more coverage than X-Scissors, mostly steel types who easily wall Night Slash and are immune to Cross Poison.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Flappy

<3 Flappy
Ya I guess I kinda forgot about Swords Dance Drapion I would go with that over Toxic Spikes instead.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
I do need an ingame flyer pokemon on my team I might get rid of Drapion for Honchrow (never used) or use Staraptor (which I've used before).

Flappy

<3 Flappy
Ok no problem then.

Honchrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Super Luck
Nature: Adamant
-Night Slash
-Aerial Ace
-Superpower
-Fly
Night Slash for STAB and has a high crit ratio. Aerial Ace also for STAB and good amount of PP useage along with never missing! Superpower for extra coverage and even if it lowers his defenses, he still has horrible defenses. Then finally you got your little Fly guy.