• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Play Control Ideas

What game would you like to see most as a New Play Control title?

• Killer 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Luigi's Mansion

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

• Soul Calibur II

• The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • F-Zero GX

• Super Mario Sunshine

• Super Smash Bros. Melee

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Other (Rogue Squadron, Wave Race, Eternal Darkness, Timesplitters, etc...

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

Flareon1990

Pokemon Veteran
So, with the release of new versions of DK Jungle Beat, Pikmin, Mario Power Tennis, and Metroid Prime 1 and 2, does Nintendo have any other Gamecube titles up their sleeve ready to be re-released for the Wii?

Are you buying them now/ would you buy this type of game in the future? I personally have bought Mario Power Tennis because I never had the original, but I heard of how much fun it was in the GC era.

I'd also like to see a revival of Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, and (very unlikely, but) Pokemon XD. I'd also kinda like to see Melee on the Wii, but I have a feeling they won't for the reason that it is a bit too similar to Brawl. But hey, whatever makes them money right?

Anyways, choose your top favourite GC title that you would like to see on the Wii.

Surfing_Pikachu

I would have to agree with you on Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine, those were the absolute best games on the gamecube and I'd do anything for an excuse to replay them. Although I think Luigi's Mansion would be awesome too.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
The only one from that list I actually expect to be re-released is Luigi's Mansion. I mean, there are so many gameplay oppurtunities for that game: for example, having your Wii Remote with the MotionPlus accessory be the Poltergust, and you move around with the Wiimote as if it were the actual Poltergust. That would be amazing.

Surfing_Pikachu

The only one from that list I actually expect to be re-released is Luigi's Mansion. I mean, there are so many gameplay oppurtunities for that game: for example, having your Wii Remote with the MotionPlus accessory be the Poltergust, and you move around with the Wiimote as if it were the actual Poltergust. That would be amazing.
Well, the Wind Waker from Wind Waker (haha) is a perfect opportunity for the Wii remote. But have you noticed that they are only really remaking games that weren't very popular? Maybe it's a tactic to get more money off of them without making another game. The only exceptions being the Metroid Primes.

Kabuto

little punks!
I would have to agree with you on Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine, those were the absolute best games on the gamecube and I'd do anything for an excuse to replay them. Although I think Luigi's Mansion would be awesome too.

Metroid Prime would like a word with you. Wahoo for the trilogy!!!

I didn't care for Sunshine much for many reasons, and prefer Galaxy and the release of the outstanding looking Galaxy 2. Nintendo shouldn't waste their time.

Half the games on the poll wouldn't even benefit from new controls. Melee? Pokemon XD? Seriously?

Windwaker would be cool I admit, but I wouldn't get it because I have Zelda TP on Wii and WW on GC. F Zero GX would be fantastic, that one is my vote.

Also TC, don't forget that Chibi Robo and Pikmin 2 are TBR. Resident Evil 1 and 0 aren't NPC but are in the same vein.

I also want to mention that Nintendo seemed to go for less mainstream games in their NPC series so people who haven't played the games before could experience them.

Last edited:

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Not to mention the only games up for new play control are first and second party Nintendo titles, not 3rd party titles like Killer7 and Soul Caliber II.

#Gecko#

The Essential One
I would just get the original Gamecube games if I wanted to play them instead of wasting my money on New Play Control. The only one would be Trilogy because its such a good deal and I haven't played any of them, but somewhat on Echoes. Although Luigi's Mansion might benefit from Wii motion controls and all.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I wonder how much harder F-Zero GX would be with the new play controls.

I also wonder how much it would actually benefit, seeing as how when you turn in the game, you have to hold one or both of the shoulder buttons.

XD375

Shane
Why XD? The only thing I can see that game benefitting from is fourth-gen compatibility and mechanics, and that wouldn't be a "New Play Control".

Instead, they should release a new Orre-based game. :D

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
What's with people and New Play Control that promotes shitty ideas like 3/4ths of the list? Paper Mario? XD? Melee? What the hell? None of those would benefit from new controls.

I voted Luigi's Mansion. I've rented the Gamecube version, and I think Wii controls would work well with it.

BCVM22

What's with people and New Play Control that promotes shitty ideas like 3/4ths of the list?

It's the terrible mentality that spreads among people when any property gets a revival, a port, a re-release, a remake or anything of the sort. "Hey! Property A just got a remake/re-release-revival! I'm a fan of Property B, which is different in every conceivable way, but maybe it can get one too! I BELIEVE! DON'T BE NEGATIVE!"

Think about it. I bet you can come up with at least three examples from any combination of mediums off the top of your head.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Most of these would not benefit from motion controls, I'm afraid.

Wind Waker might. F-Zero maybe. But not much beyond that. Now, I'd like to be able to play some of these on the Wii since I'm in no position to find old Gamecube games for sale where I live, but that's slightly beside the point.

Slick

Banned
For some reason I DON'T want Wind Waker to be ported.

Although it WOULD be an excuse to buy another copy...

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Think about it. I bet you can come up with at least three examples from any combination of mediums off the top of your head.

Oh right, I see what you mean by that.

Star Fox Assault might work with Wii controls, considering that one reason why it was panned was because of the on-foot controls. It can also replace my messed-up Gamecube copy.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Well, the Wind Waker from Wind Waker (haha) is a perfect opportunity for the Wii remote. But have you noticed that they are only really remaking games that weren't very popular? Maybe it's a tactic to get more money off of them without making another game.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't consider Luigi's Mansion all that popular. And a Wind Waker Wii would be amazing, but considering there's already been one LoZ for Wii released, and another confirmed, I don't think they'll be making another Wii LoZ anytime soon, even if it is a remake.

Flareon1990

Pokemon Veteran
I never played Luigi's Mansion, but I'd buy a Wii Wind Waker in a second if I could. I'd rather not search the interwebs for a used or expensive new copy, as I never had a Gamecube.

Dattebayo

Banned
Luigi's Mansion has more potential to be ported on the Wii.