• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Plot - Old Lot! (450)

Medea

Excalibur
HOLY CRACK!

That was awsome. I'm still getting used to Harley's new voice, but he was just so cool. Just the way he talks and the way he walks, you're just begging for him to come out of the closet...SHUT UP! And of course, young Harley, just so adorable. Oh God, the way that Harley walked off after yelling at Team Rocket, well as I say, if you got it flaunt it. And Harley just has those backs that don't stop! Oh yes, at the end when Jessie spoke at the end, "Stay Tuned" was by far one of the creepiest things I've heard in a while.

Great episode. It had Harley and it had Drew. It was so worth staying up.

It was a;right, but I've neer been one for Harley. But, did anyone else notice when Combusken's Fire Spin was going up the Web, May said "What the Hell?" Tsk, tsk, PUSA. Children watch this show.

There is no way that would end up in a Pokemon script. At any point in the chain. There are so many checks and balances along the way, and knowing the scriptwriter, he prides himself on never saying anything vulgar. Now as far as layered humor...

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
To anyone who recorded this episode - Rewatch it with closed captions to see if May truly said "What the hell" or if we were all mishearing things.

Geodude

Wow, I just listened to it several times...somehow I never noticed it the first time around, but a pretty good case could be made for May saying, "What the hell?" But of course what she really said was, "But how?" I think what happened was that a note from the background music made it in between those two words and made it sound like "the". That and/or the way she pronounced the words...

MandySue

XD, Heh, What May actually said was " but how?" I checked the cc XD ah it would have been funny if she had slipped something like that out =P

As for the episode, Harley was awesome as always. I'm getting used to his voice :3 He had some great lines in this :D. His skills at manipulating people was shown in this episode with his little 'childhood memory'.

Drew was in it which is always nice (even if he only had a few seconds of air time) =P

Overall a 9/10

Edit: Heh, guess this post was a little late (Geodude answered the question about what May said)

Last edited:

Knight_Ram

This episode was a decient one... bit of a language muck up lol! Like with Harley saying 'Oops she falled down'

May pretty much flucked the whole start of the contest.. either that or the other co-ordinaters just straight up suck. And plus, during the whole contest. At the start when Jessie was talking to May and May said she was going for her 5th ribbon and all the people looked at May and Jessie... Who would really pull a pose and face like that?

Pretty ok I guess...7/10

Jorah

What do I put here?
Loved this episode! But who couldn't - it has Harley in :D

Random: Am I the only one that is getting annoyed with the judge who keeps saying "remarkable"? He says it every contest episode and it makes me flinch everytime he says it...XD And May definatly said "But how?" her tone doesn't sound right for "What the hell?" anyway.

Geodude

In the Japanese version, he always says the same thing as well: "Ya suki desu ne," which means, "I like it." The rare time he's expressed a negative opinion it's been, "Suki ja nai desu ne," which means, "I don't like it."

Knight_Ram

In the Japanese version, he always says the same thing as well: "Ya suki desu ne," which means, "I like it." The rare time he's expressed a negative opinion it's been, "Suki ja nai desu ne," which means, "I don't like it."

Lol! It sounds like pocketmonsters is on a tight budget since they have the judges repeting the same words over and over again. It doesnt really matter though, its still a really good show. All IMO.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
This episode was a decient one... bit of a language muck up lol! Like with Harley saying 'Oops she falled down'
I think that was intentional, just to add more ditzy flair to Harley's words.

May pretty much flucked the whole start of the contest.. either that or the other co-ordinaters just straight up suck.
Well they did indicate she got extra points because she recovered so quickly and because of how impressive the Fire Spin ended up being (thanks to Ariados's webs supporting the flames).

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
Wow, I just listened to it several times...somehow I never noticed it the first time around, but a pretty good case could be made for May saying, "What the hell?" But of course what she really said was, "But how?" I think what happened was that a note from the background music made it in between those two words and made it sound like "the". That and/or the way she pronounced the words...

I can honestly say that I have pretty good hearing so I decided to watch this episode again to hear if May REALLY did say "What the hell?" After listening closely, I actually heard her say that. I'm serious.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Someone put that scene up on youtube so I can hear what May said.

In any case, Harley's lines are bloody brillaint. He gets the best dialouge in the show, and PUSA really knows how to do him well.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Heh, I see what people were saying now.

I heard it as, "But how?" when I watched it on TV very easily, but now that I'm listening to it again, I can hear, "What the hell?" kinda too. :p

Funny.

Freya

Noam Chompsky
I heard But how...not what the Hell? WTH would have been hilarious...tsk tsk tsk PUSA tricking Serebii members into thinking you say shameful language...

EDIT: after hearing Geodudes sound clip it sounds like what the hell but its high pitched and makes her sound like a valley girl if you make yourslef thinks its What the hell but yeahs its But how...

Last edited:
Heh, I see what people were saying now.

I heard it as, "But how?" when I watched it on TV very easily, but now that I'm listening to it again, I can hear, "What the hell?" kinda too. :p

Funny.

I called the scriptwriter about this, and he confirmed May's saying "But how?!" However, it does sounds like 'what the hell'...Pretty funny!

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
When I saw this episode the first time, I heard "But how?!" I only heard "The hell?!" after you guys mentioned it =P