• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Plot - Old Lot! (450)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
What I liked best about this episode is that it had a milestone that made me excited. I've been keeping track of how many times Team Rocket have said the twerps' names over the years, and this episode had a major milestone- May's name has now been said by ALL THREE Rockets. What makes it important is that no other twerp up until this point, not even ASH, has been called by name by Jessie, James, and Meowth. :) Of course, Ash reaches the milestone too in "Going for Choke" as James finally calls him by name, but I find it awesome since the trio have called the twerps by name a total of, like, 15 times in 450 dub episodes. Now I'm waiting for someone to finally call Brock by name, since even Tracey and Misty were named by Butch and Cassidy. Poor Brock, he never gets the recognition. :( You'd think after 400 episodes on the show, ONE Rocket would call him by name.

Anyway, I'm still no fan of Harley, but I thought it was neat that he teamed up with Jessie this time around. Cacturne having a crush on Jessie was adorable. :) It's too bad that Jessie didn't use cacturne for the battle part of the contest, she could have gotten a win over May even with Squirtle's ice beam. :( The flashback with Harley was just too bizarre. It was great to see Drew again too. I liked James saying that Jessie's dressed like a popsicle too. LOL

Overall, 7.5/10.

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
New plot? Not really. Well I guess the plot is new but the idea is still the same. Harley hates May and continues to lie to her about it. How boring.

Rommath

▲_▲
Nice episode. One of the better Kanto contest episodes, in my opinion. We find out why Harley hates May so much, apart from the cookies and her comments and lack of knowledge about Cacturne. Jessie using Cacturne was great, as well as Cacturne's crush on Jessie. Brock's still the "big twerp", it appears. Surprised Harley teamed up Team Rocket when he thought they were losers, but I suppose they do have a mutual hatred of the "twerps", especially May.

cg_25

Trainer Trainer
Harley is a character, and revealing the whole reason why he hates may... that boy toy deserved for his 'snakies' to be eaten. LMAO!

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Good episode, but the animation was bad.

And Jessie was mean, especially when she took Harley's pokemon..

6/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well at least we got to the last contest. I was disappointed that Harley himself wasn't May's main rival but that Jessie stepped in to fight May.

Jessie and James taking orders from Harley was odd, I mean, I've always thought Team Rocket and Harley had something in common but this was crazy. Jessie even used Harley's typical Pokemon for this Contest.

I think it was Harley just playing with both Team Rocket and May. Very sinister. 9/10

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Was an interesting episode, Jessie working with Harley.

What's so weird is that why would you walk up to a stranger and just take their food like that? Assuming that May barely knows Harley when they were little, regardless of how old they are May really must not know any manners if she does that. I can understand Harley's point of view, plus I always leave the best for last when I am eating, if I got a favorite food I leave it to eat last.

How old is Harley anyway? There is no way he is the same age as May, he looks about into his twenties so how are they the same age as kids? (Unless Harley started out real short and had to be kept down a grade or so).

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Harley is so desperate to stop May... but confiding to Jessie was funny. Did Harley know that Jessie did not win a single ribbon? If he did then he wouldn't have given Jessie his pokemon for defeating May

If Harley was this desperate to stop May in this final contest, I wonder what he has (if anything) planned for the Grand Festival?

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but, In one scene, I could have sworn it sounded like Moewth said "Jesus!" at one point. You know, how like some people go, "oh, Jesus...!"

G50

No longer posting
This episode was good. Harley was definitely up to no good in this episode. He teamed up with TR to mess up May's Appeal Round. The childhood story about the Octillery shaped food, and May taking it as the reason Harley hated May was a bit odd. It was great to see May being able to get passed the Appeal Round, even with Harley trying so hard to mess everything up.

69/100

couplesupporter

James FAN!
Yes, totally. Haarii is probably about...what, sixteen, seventeen? He's probably not more than six years older than Haruka (whatever you say, she's NOT ten), although he is pretty tall. But as I mentioned earlier, there are some really tall people out there. I know fifth graders over five feet tall. Yup.

And he doesn't act like he's an adult. Young adult, sure, but not Haruka's parent's age. He doesn't act like he's any age, actually...>__>;

To be honest I think he's 17, while May is 10 [about to turn 11], would seem more... right

Vernikova

Champion
Harley was pretty enjoyable this episode. He was creatively cunning and made the contest more enjoyable to watch.

NPT

Just a member
Harley calling Ash, Brock and Max May's 'boy toys' was funny. The flashback scene was interesting. I can see why Harley hates May... but still, she was not the girl who stole Harley's octopus. He should just move on.

Worth noting that this is the first dubbed episode to keep the RSE Contest theme.

Last edited:
I'm still confused about that Flashback of Harley's. I still have no idea if that girl was supposed to be May, or just someone that really looked like her and she just reminded Harley of her because of the similarity....

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
May freaking out when she saw Harley at the restaurant was funny and I was impressed that Harley already had all five ribbons for the Grand Festival. I also loved finding out why Harley hated May; had some girl eaten my food, I'd be vengeful against anyone who looked like her as well. I also thought it was cute how Cacturne reacted to Jessie.

JudySpell

Banned
I give Harley props for starting beef with May once again even though he had to use Jessie to do it. He was so desperate for vengeance. 7.5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how Harley lent Jessie his pokemon so that she could defeat May. Cacturne hugging Jessie was cute and I liked seeing Ash stop James and Meowth's sabotage of May. ^^