• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon/Formes Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoennking

i hate to say it but this forme seems absolutely pointless and nothing than a way to make an event. competitively still bad. just really pointless. eh

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Unless it does have something useful in its stats, this thing is just fodder.
Why? Because it presumably won't have egg moves? Move tutors may fix that, as may updates to its level up and TM movepool.

Further, Lycanroc doesn't have particularly great egg moves anyway. Assuming its fast then Crunch is better than Sucker Punch in most situations where you'd use a Dark type move, and even with the Tough Claws boost the fang moves it gets aren't that powerful. Brick Break can help cover for them, assuming it doesn't end up with something better.

Hoennking

yeah forms have existed before but this pokemon has same height and weight as original midday and midnight. its th same timing. only the abilty and color has changed thats it. and its only in the first 1 and half month. exclusive. I know its a new forme but its really lazy

knightwolf09

Well that's.....kinda dumb. Why make the form version exclusive? I was just think you'd just a Rockruff early, not that this is a must have or you won't get form! Why not just make it a regular evolution that you get through sunset? I'm kind of upset, but I guess I shouldn't be.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Dusk Lycanroc being event exclusive is just stupid. It completely puts me off ever using it especially when non-legendary event Pokemon have absolutely horrible IVs and I'm not wasting Bottle Caps on something that should never have been an event to begin with. It should have been available in-game like the other Lycanroc forms.

BCVM22

It completely puts me off ever using it especially when non-legendary event Pokemon have absolutely horrible IVs and I'm not wasting Bottle Caps on something that should never have been an event to begin with.

So you're angry at the rarity of something you profess you'd never be using in the first place?

It should have been available in-game like the other Lycanroc forms.

Again, "should" according to what? Different Pokémon forms/formes have been event-exclusive in the past. Why the unnecessary uproar over another?

knightwolf09

So you're angry at the rarity of something you profess you'd never be using in the first place?

Again, "should" according to what? Different Pokémon forms/formes have been event-exclusive in the past. Why the unnecessary uproar over another?

People won't be so lucky to get the games during the event, pretty much flipping the birdie to those people. You're not also accounting that this thing might not be breedable. Meaning it can't get it's egg moves in order to utilize it's full potential. Also, at least forms like Ash-Geninja makes sense to have such rarity, cause it's the one from the anime representing one anime character. Here this is just making it unnecessarily special for something that could easily implemented as a normal evolution, and making it needlessly special.

knightwolf09

this is more similar to cosplay pikachu more than anything

Yeah, but at least didn't think that THAT was what will make people hyped for the game. First news we get and it's an exclusive form really should be a regular form.

BCVM22

People won't be so lucky--

"Lucky?" Why is it a matter of luck? It's not a coin flip or a lottery. Individual circumstances aside, what's to stop someone who wants the game from getting it at launch?

to get the games during the event, pretty much flipping the birdie to those people.

Which has also been the case in the past. It's called incentive. And if that's all they're being denied for not getting the games at launch, they're not losing much. And as an event, they can run new ones whenever they want. There's nothing that says the launch event will be the only event.

You're not also accounting that this thing might not be breedable.

I'm accounting for it just fine. My conclusion is still largely ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, at least forms like Ash-Geninja makes sense to have such rarity, cause it's the one from the anime representing one anime character.

That's buying far too much into the fiction's narrative. Especially since the Ash-Greninja was LESS rare, given the ease of the demo distribution.

Here this is just making it unnecessarily special for something that could easily implemented as a normal evolution, and making it needlessly special.

Which they have done, are doing, and will do again in the future. Artificial scarcity drives half the franchise's bestiary one way or another, whether that's version exclusives or event Pokémon.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Rockruff is our distribution for these games? Well I'm willing to level up to the Dusk form and put in the PC.

I know it's for the exclusive form but it's just not for me to use.

knightwolf09

"Lucky?" Why is it a matter of luck? It's not a coin flip or a lottery. Individual circumstances aside, what's to stop someone who wants the game from getting it at launch?

Which has also been the case in the past. It's called incentive. And if that's all they're being denied for not getting the games at launch, they're not losing much. And as an event, they can run new ones whenever they want. There's nothing that says the launch event will be the only event.

I'm accounting for it just fine. My conclusion is still largely ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's buying far too much into the fiction's narrative. Especially since the Ash-Greninja was LESS rare, given the ease of the demo distribution.

Which they have done, are doing, and will do again in the future. Artificial scarcity drives half the franchise's bestiary one way or another, whether that's version exclusives or event Pokémon.

Like I said earlier, THIS is not a good enough "incentive" to make people rush for the game, just like Cosplay Pikachu, or Notched-Ear Pichu, or even Ash-Grninja. If anything it hurts it. People were expecting that this would one of many new add it's for the Ultra games only to find out it's just it's own thing that more than likely region locked. If people were already hesitant, then now their back to thinking there's nothing else new to hook people in this game. This is what should've been a sign of new things to come but now it's only treated as an extra, fluff. And the "sales" or "they've done it before" excuse is enough to save this action.

shadowF

So I guess this means we wont be getting a dawn form for Lycanroc. It seems "Dusk form" will be the only new form Lycanroc gets. What I dont understand is why make Dusk form Lycanroc event only? This basically means that people who buy USUM after January 10th will not be able to get a Dusk form Lycanroc or even evolve their Rockruff into a dusk form since they will miss on the date when the event distribution ends. Even Ash-Greninja is still obtainable through the Sun and Moon demo. It's strange because I thought Dusk form Lycanroc was going to be one of the selling points for buying USUM.

knightwolf09

So I guess this means we wont be getting a dawn form for Lycanroc. It seems "Dusk form" will be the only new form Lycanroc gets. What I dont understand is why make Dusk form Lycanroc event only? This basically means that people who buy USUM after January 10th will not be able to get a Dusk form Lycanroc or even evolve their Rockruff into a dusk form since they will miss on the date when the event distribution ends. Even Ash-Greninja is still obtainable through the Sun and Moon demo. It's strange because I thought Dusk form Lycanroc was going to be one of the selling points for buying USUM.

I guess this is what they consider a selling point. Another new look for a pokemon that might not be that much better compared to the others.

BCVM22

Like I said earlier, THIS is not a good enough "incentive" to make people rush for the game, just like Cosplay Pikachu, or Notched-Ear Pichu, or even Ash-Grninja.

So then why the complaints about the means of distribution? Again, it seems like one wail after another of "this form is lame and I hate it but I'm mad they're distributing it via event!"

If anything it hurts it.

What? No. In no conceivable way will this hurt it, at all. That's indefensible.

People were expecting that this would one of many new add it's for the Ultra games

No one of the slightest good sense is going to say "boy, I was going to buy Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon, but SOLELY because an event-exclusive Lycanroc form is one of the upgrades, I'm going to not." That's ridiculous.

only to find out it's just it's own thing that more than likely region locked.

"Region locked" is meaningless enough to be inaccurate in this case, because there's minimal if any chance that other regions won't see the same Rockruff event.

If people were already hesitant, then now their back to thinking there's nothing else new to hook people in this game. This is what should've been a sign of new things to come but now it's only treated as an extra, fluff. And the "sales" or "they've done it before" excuse is enough to save this action.

See above. No one in their right mind is going to let this be the sole deciding factor - or even a significant deciding factor - in buying one of these games or not. Especially since it would be exceedingly foolish to think this Dusk form constitutes the entirety of the differences from the original Sun & Moon. That too is a ridiculous assertion.

It's strange because I thought Dusk form Lycanroc was going to be one of the selling points for buying USUM.

And why would you have thought this? What is it that years upon years of games just like this, from this very franchise, would lead you to believe a third and largely inconsequential form of an existing Pokémon was going to be a primary selling point for a pair of new games?

People seem to like wavering back and forth on the value of the form as it suits their argument. It's either so lame and awful that no one would ever want it and Game Freak is a bunch of lamebrains for implementing it, or making it event-only is going to "ruin everything." Which is it, people?

We'll be over this in a week, or a month. Whenever they introduce the next new feature that's somehow the worst thing ever and is going to ruin these games on its own.

Last edited:

Thure

Guys, remember... Day 1 Event in SM was Snorlax... And Snorlax wasn't Event only. It's NOT confirmed that Lycanroc is event only. Stop claiming this.

It's not really misleading. In most languages (Japanese included), the name they go with can mean either Twilight or Dusk.

Not in German. And it's called 'Zwielicht' (Twilight) form in German too. And it doesn't mean 'Dusk' in german but both.

Pure Rock, nice!

Hopefully it's available for the entire world on release day. And not just you know, Japan.....

Which Day 1 Event in the last years was Japan only? Why should it be Japan only?

Last edited:

knightwolf09

Guys, remember... Day 1 Event in SM was Snorlax... And Snorlax wasn't Event only. It's NOT confirmed that Lycanroc is event only. Stop claiming this.

"It also confirms once and for all that Dusk Form cannot be obtained during normal gameplay and only through the Special Rockruff distribution." - Serebii

Status
Not open for further replies.