• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon/Formes Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Yes. But why should it be Japan only in the first place? There is nothing to worry about.
I'm guessing since Japan has been announced for it, the other countries haven't. Which will take some time.

Hoennking

Corocoro hasn't even officially revealed. It officially comes our tommorow. I would guess in west there will be a trailer outlining the distribution on Friday maybe

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Looks like my event-exclusive speculation turned out to be true.

And it is confirmed that our new Lycanroc is purely Rock-type. Mildly disappointed I must say.

What reason was there to think it would have any other type? The other two Lycanroc are pure Rock, and this one has nothing to distinguish itself from the other two and suggest it would have an extra type.

Hopefully it's available for the entire world on release day. And not just you know, Japan.....

This is most certainly the equivalent of the Torchic, Shiny Beldum, and Snorlax holding Snorlium-Z, a launch day event with something exclusive, which means it will certainly be world-wide.

It's official the game developers are Disney evil, why would they make an alternate of Lycanroc event exclusive?!? "sigh" well let's hope that in the next games they remove that event only status.

What does it really change in the end?

i hate to say it but this forme seems absolutely pointless and nothing than a way to make an event. competitively still bad. just really pointless. eh

How do you know it's competitively bad? You don't know it's moveset or stats yet.

Why not just make it a regular evolution that you get through sunset?

To be fair, we don't know any lore behind this thing yet. There very well could be a reason why not just any Rockruff can evolve into it. In fact, there probably will be.

People won't be so lucky to get the games during the event, pretty much flipping the birdie to those people.

The X and Y Torchic event lasted three months, the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Beldum lasted two months, and the Sun and Moon Munchlax also lasted two months. If you really care about getting this event, they leave you with plenty of time to get your game.

Guys, remember... Day 1 Event in SM was Snorlax... And Snorlax wasn't Event only. It's NOT confirmed that Lycanroc is event only. Stop claiming this.

Technically, it was the Snorlium-Z that was event-exclusive, not the Snorlax.

Rio!

Composer
Eeh, I'm feeling a bit less about Dusk Lycanroc as new info tidbits come in. This alternate, one time only event for an evolved pokemon is...odd.

Also, am I the only one that finds Dusk's Technicolor eyes kinda hilarious?

The design has grown on me.. slightly more as a concept. At least the future Takara Tomy plush is cute.
Hopefully it doesn't end up forever locked out pome-bank like the special dressed pikas.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
If it is event-only, I feel like that distribution would at least last a couple of months. How long did the Munchlax one go for again? I thought it was until sometime in January...

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Hmmm... it is interesting that they would introduce an event-only Form. Guess this is just another Ash-Greninja then (though at least the latter was from a game demo).
So in a sense, we still barely have any info from the games itself.

If it is event-only, I feel like that distribution would at least last a couple of months. How long did the Munchlax one go for again? I thought it was until sometime in January...

Said event ran from November 18, 2016 until January 11, 2017.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Here's my ideas for new Alola Forms. They are not restricted to Gen II Pokemon:

Spearow/Fearow: Electric/Flying
Ponyta/Rapidash: Fairy/Flying
Pinsir: Bug/Ground
Hoothoot/Noctowl: Psychic/Flying
Bonsly/Sudowoodo: Rock/Grass
Teddiursa/Ursaring: Normal/Dark
Corsola: Psychic/Rock
Phanpy/Donphan: Ground/Water
Skitty/Delcatty: Ground
Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon: Bug/Dragon
Baltoy/Claydol: Steel/Electric
Skorupi/Drapion: Poison/Ground
Petilil/Lilligant: Grass/Fire
Minccino/Cinccino: Electric

Kein

AKA Silktree
A word to the wise: It's been confirmed that next year's VGC will only use Sun and Moon. This is an odd decision either way, but it implies that new forms are not a given. The new mascots and event-exclusive Dusk Lycanroc wouldn't be eligible anyway, but new Alolan variants would be if they existed, so why use SM?

Last edited:

Vaporias

..Well, looks like Dusk wolfy's gonna be locked behind an event ;4; I wanted to be able to get a shiny one dangit. Here's hoping they rectify this in the future somehow, even though I know they didn't do it with Ash-Greninja. Game Freak, I love you, but you got to stop having these super cool Pokemon be locked behind events that involve just giving us the Pokemon with no way of giving them our own flair(likenicknames)

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Victini, Torchic, Beldum, Munchlax and now Rockruff; Gamefreak's really taken a liking to distributing event Pokémon on release day. There's a chance Dusk Rockruff can be bred just like Zorua and Zoroark, because limiting Dusky to an event is a really bad move imo.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
A word to the wise: It's been confirmed that next year's VGC will only use Sun and Moon. This is an odd decision either way, but it implies that new forms are not a given. The new mascots and event-exclusive Dusk Lycanroc wouldn't be eligible anyway, but new Alolan variants would be if they existed, so why use SM?

Lycanroc-Dusk would most likely be eligible, though. It's a Mon that's in the Alola Dex, and, as a Gen 7 Event, would have the plus sign. There's absolutely no reason it wouldn't be allowed in VGC if US/UM were being used.

..Well, looks like Dusk wolfy's gonna be locked behind an event ;4; I wanted to be able to get a shiny one dangit. Here's hoping they rectify this in the future somehow, even though I know they didn't do it with Ash-Greninja. Game Freak, I love you, but you got to stop having these super cool Pokemon be locked behind events that involve just giving us the Pokemon with no way of giving them our own flair(likenicknames)

Well, we don't know the specifics of the Event Rockruff yet, so there's still hope. If it can only evolve into Lycanroc-Dusk through use of an item it's paired with, for example, that would mean a Shiny Dusk Form Lycanroc would be possible (not that I'm worried about that, seeing as I really like its default color scheme). I'm not saying that you should get your hopes up, but don't let them be dashed all together.

Oh, and, if the Munchlax and Magearna events are anything to go by, nicknaming shouldn't be an issue.

Kein

AKA Silktree
Lycanroc-Dusk would most likely be eligible, though. It's a Mon that's in the Alola Dex, and, as a Gen 7 Event, would have the plus sign. There's absolutely no reason it wouldn't be allowed in VGC if US/UM were being used.
Considering that Ash-Greninja is banned from rating battles, I see no reason why Dusk Lycanroc would be treated differently. Chances are that it will be banned from USUM's rating battles, so it would also be banned from VGC if USUM were used.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I think Dusk Lycanroc would be tournament legal. It evolves from a Rockruff and it might be allowed to breed and produce normal Rockruff. It hasn't been officially announced that it can't breed yet. Hey if GF let Manaphy and Ditto make Phione Eggs then anything is possible for Dusky.

knightwolf09

I think Dusk Lycanroc would be tournament legal. It evolves from a Rockruff and it might be allowed to breed and produce normal Rockruff. It hasn't been officially announced that it can't breed yet. Hey if GF let Manaphy and Ditto make Phione Eggs then anything is possible for Dusky.

Big question is. How exactly does it evolve then. Does it evolve straight into the form or is there another condition?

Tuoko

We have yet to know what its stats are. I'd say we reserve judgment until we see them.

Totally expecting them to drop a demo of the enhanced games locking us to that Lycanroc...

If anything, this suggests we're getting something else from the demo.

this is more similar to cosplay pikachu more than anything

Cosplay Pikachu was tied to Contests, a feature that wasn't going to be carried over. And besides, it was obtainable without events. How is Dusk even similar to it?

ShadowForce720

If anything, this suggests we're getting something else from the demo.

Cosplay Pikachu was tied to Contests, a feature that wasn't going to be carried over. And besides, it was obtainable without events. How is Dusk even similar to it?

When did the last demo get announce and released?

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Considering that Ash-Greninja is banned from rating battles, I see no reason why Dusk Lycanroc would be treated differently. Chances are that it will be banned from USUM's rating battles, so it would also be banned from VGC if USUM were used.
The difference there is that Greninja is not part of the Alola Dex.

Kein

AKA Silktree
The difference there is that Greninja is not part of the Alola Dex.
That's irrelevant since rating battles use the National Pokedex, with the obvious restrictions and Ash-Greninja. I didn't bring this up just because.

So there is no real difference. And to the person who brought up breeding, Phione is also banned, and I highly doubt that whatever flag the event Rockruff has is hereditary. Cosplay Pikachu and Ash-Greninja can't breed, for that matter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.