• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon Captures Confirmed?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I really hope they use this opportunity to give Ash something totally random and unexpected.

I remember people being both surprised and happy when Ash got Snorunt in AG. I hope they do something like that again, but not another Ice type, I'd rather him get something else.

DeoxysTrainer

Veteran Trainer
I hope Ash gets possessed by Diaruga like Pikachu did with Groudon, but Ash gets a tail, claws, spikes, blue and light blue skin and he becomes a murderous psychopath, killing all sorts of pokemon/ people.......guess it wont happen, that version of Ash exist in my comics, but the pic is nice. I doubt its real but who knows.

dman_dustin

First of all a good trainer is not based in the variety of pokemon types that he has. You can't say that Ash is a better trainer by looking at a picture and you can't say that Dawn is a better trainer by looking at a picture. Pokemon Types are usually not important in the anime.

How in the world is Aipom guilty of Ash not getting Buizel or other pokemon? It's not that she's impeding Ash from getting another pokemon. I don't see the logic.

1. The strategic value of having the same type of pokemon throughout the team makes the person at a huge disadvantage, hypothetically speaking what if Dawn were to have two water types or more, sure they could be used in the preliminaries but what about battling; assuming of course she decides to pair them up. I know types aren't much but with a trainer with offset team they do have a diadvantage

2. When Ash first got to sinnoh he already had two pokemon, Dawn barley got her starter, if Ash were to say not to have Aipom, Ash would've caught a fourth one before Dawn assuming of course that it would be buizel, However I do realize that just because Aipom ks with he wouldn't catch one, but look at the difference between Corphish and Torkoal and I know that isn't much but what if waits just before the 5th gym to catch his 5th pokemon.

Dax

Legend
1. The strategic value of having the same type of pokemon throughout the team makes the person at a huge disadvantage, hypothetically speaking what if Dawn were to have two water types or more, sure they could be used in the preliminaries but what about battling; assuming of course she decides to pair them up. I know types aren't much but with a trainer with offset team they do have a diadvantage

2. When Ash first got to sinnoh he already had two pokemon, Dawn barley got her starter, if Ash were to say not to have Aipom, Ash would've caught a fourth one before Dawn assuming of course that it would be buizel, However I do realize that just because Aipom ks with he wouldn't catch one, but look at the difference between Corphish and Torkoal and I know that isn't much but what if waits just before the 5th gym to catch his 5th pokemon.

1- Like I said types are not really important in the anime. Plus, pokemon of the same type can learn different moves and have different abilities. Because of that fact she can pair up two water types without problems. Right now in the anime every pokemon have a different style of battling.

2-Theory, not a fact. You are just assuming what was going to happen if Aipom wasn't in there.

pipersgirl™

<This girl rocks!!
........I think Ash wont wait that long to catch his fifth pokemon, just look at Kanto. He caught his seventh pokemon, krabby, in, like, the 10 episode.

Manene!

Since it's looking as if Dawn will be catching Buizel, I hope she eventually trades it for Chatot, which is an actual trade (Buizel for a Chatot) in the game. It'd go with the "generic theme" her teams got.

Ancax

Dawn can stay with two types on the same team, May had three normal types, most likely to give her some similarity between her and her dad. Ash kept Bulbasaur throughout most of Johto, with Chikorita on his team.

dman_dustin

........I think Ash wont wait that long to catch his fifth pokemon, just look at Kanto. He caught his seventh pokemon, krabby, in, like, the 10 episode.

But isn't it true that A) Ash wanted to catch a lot of pokemon in the beginning of the series and B) he only caught Krabby because Misty had called on him for not catching a new pokemon for a while

Dawn can stay with two types on the same team, May had three normal types, most likely to give her some similarity between her and her dad. Ash kept Bulbasaur throughout most of Johto, with Chikorita on his team.
Except it's more to deal with piplup then not (it's her starter) and she didn't use skitty when she got eevee True skitty did come back for one episode but she used beautifly instead

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I don't think they r giving Buizel to Dawn just like that. I think they want it to be a rival of Piplup as they both r water type & Piplup is sort of a prince type of a pokemon & it wouldn't like to have a same type of Pokemon with itself as it partner. So it might be interesting as Dawn's Pokemon will all have some kind of different personality. Piplup & Buizel would be fighting each other, Pachirisu would be electrocuting everyone & Buneary's crush on Pikachu would increase to great heights. What do u think abt this.

Venastois

well i must say, focusing on Dawn's team at the moment, i am pretty dissapointed. The rushed her capturing, and she seems to be more of a comic relief than a coordinator, and, frankly, everytime i think of her and her "pokemon" i get a headache. Now i don't want to cause flaming for those Dawn lovers out there, but i find it hard to believe that they will have her catch a pokemon in a movie. That never happened before, and i am not too sure, even if in coro coro magazine, that this is true. But if it is, i am prepared to resign myself to what could possibly ruin the 4th generation for me.

and as for your post above, Lucario At Service, i must say that your prediction is right on cue, if Dawn does catch Buizel. Although the one part of your post i dissagree with is the section where you describe her situation as "Interesting" i would call it "painful" and "chaotic" to say the least.

I know my opinions on Dawn are strong, and not having seen the episodes personally, maybe a little rash, but at the moment, that's what it is.

However if she does catch it, this does leave opportunities open for Ash, and i would love for him to have a shellos and a lucario (considering Bronzong is out of the question as he has never had a psychic type, and would be too dense to use it in the first place.)

Pachirisu

&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;- He want da cookie
well i must say, focusing on Dawn's team at the moment, i am pretty dissapointed. The rushed her capturing, and she seems to be more of a comic relief than a coordinator, and, frankly, everytime i think of her and her "pokemon" i get a headache. Now i don't want to cause flaming for those Dawn lovers out there, but i find it hard to believe that they will have her catch a pokemon in a movie. That never happened before, and i am not too sure, even if in coro coro magazine, that this is true. But if it is, i am prepared to resign myself to what could possibly ruin the 4th generation for me.

and as for your post above, Lucario At Service, i must say that your prediction is right on cue, if Dawn does catch Buizel. Although the one part of your post i dissagree with is the section where you describe her situation as "Interesting" i would call it "painful" and "chaotic" to say the least.

I know my opinions on Dawn are strong, and not having seen the episodes personally, maybe a little rash, but at the moment, that's what it is.

However if she does catch it, this does leave opportunities open for Ash, and i would love for him to have a shellos and a lucario (considering Bronzong is out of the question as he has never had a psychic type, and would be too dense to use it in the first place.)

She doesnt catch Buizel in the movie. She will catch it before the movie.

Eerie Fuwante

Wasting my time
I don't know why people are complaining of Dawn having 2 water types. May had 3 Normal types for example, although only 2 at a time(Skitty and Munchlax, then Eevee and Munchlax)!

XyronTheFalcon

I'm Back? YAY!
Tghe thing is Ash almost never has gotton a Normal, except Snorlax which was practically screaming to be Ash's.

Ash has his usual Water Pokemon....but dis time....Dawn gets the one pokemon cool enough for Ash.

FK MTHE WRITERS!!!!!

Pachirisu

&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;- He want da cookie
Tghe thing is Ash almost never has gotton a Normal, except Snorlax which was practically screaming to be Ash's.

Ash has his usual Water Pokemon....but dis time....Dawn gets the one pokemon cool enough for Ash.

FK MTHE WRITERS!!!!!

Oh stop complaining. Im sure if they made Ash get Buizel that some people would be complaining that Dawn should have gotten it. So what if they dont give him A water type? Its not the end of the world.

Levente

dunno, why people are complaining about lucario. it's a given from the beginning of DP that ash will catch a riolu, because is overly marketable. (i would be shocked if not)
and about the 6th one, drifloon or bronzor would be a good addition to his team, but the writers rather like to add the "animal-like" ones to the main team, so i would say hippopotas is the most likely, which is also awesomeness.

freakin_chicken

I guess Aipom ruined the chance for Ash to catch another pokemon

BUT they gave him the chance to evolve one of his pokemon right after the movie, i think. why would they give Ash a second generation pokemon in the fourth generation especially when there's a new Aipom evo?

I don't know why people are complaining of Dawn having 2 water types. May had 3 Normal types for example, although only 2 at a time(Skitty and Munchlax, then Eevee and Munchlax)!

normal types are different than the water types. buneary hava an ice move, piplup can't have a grass move. stuff like that...

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
normal types are different than the water types. buneary hava an ice move, piplup can't have a grass move. stuff like that...

Actually Piplup can learn a grass move. If u check the Serebii's D/P pokedex u will find out that Piplup can learn 'Grass Rope' which is grass type move & also a Special Attack move.

Edit:- And also the possible reason y Dawn gets two water type pokemon is posted by me in an above post (post no. 489), though it is a only just a theory it is still possible.

Last edited: