• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon Discussion/Speculation Thread

A quick note to everyone shouting "LOL FAIL NOOB FAKE!!" at the image posted by Cute Cyndaquil:

Stop patting yourselves on the back. Of course its a fake, obviously created as a satire of bad fakes. The creator, I'm certain, had no intention of actually fooling anybody. Calm down.

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
I was surprised that the Pokemon has a pre-evolution. Pretty sweet deal. And now I'm invested again. Still think they could've waited another year, though.

At least four-hundred-and-ninety five, are born to see.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
if the 5th gen doesn't have a falcon pkmn I will....uhmm...I dunno what I will do but I really want one:(.Pidgeot,Staraptor,Fearow,Noctowl,Swellow & others have been dissapointments

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
i'm disappointed that its only a two stage dark line

Way it goes. They always are.
Tbh, the first one looks like it takes off Shinx, Glameow and Manphy's design.. I feel like its been around for years.

And its a fox. Vulpix anyone? Im just not seeing much originality here.

When 494 different creatures are drawn in the same style you are bound to see similarities...

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
Tbh, the first one takes off Shinx and Manphy's design.. I feel like its been around for years.

And its a fox. Vulpix anyone? Im just not seeing much originality here.

they are allowed to use the same animal twice, just because they have vulpix and nintails doesn't mean they can't have more fox's there are more than one set of dog, rabbit and mice pokemon so i don't see why fox's should be any different

i don't think there the best pokemon that have been revealed but they're good designs

Yeah, well no one thought Bandai/Saban would ditch one of their most successful brands but they did.

What brand? And Pokemon is only topped by Nintendos Mascot, Mario, so once again, why would they ditch it? Pokemon is like a staple of Nintendo.

And why do they have to top the Legend from the previous game, care to explain that to me?

rocky505

They look epic I will definetly use one on the new games. oh and to the mightyenaholics HAHAHAHA not a Mightyena evo.

Sonikku

Kanto Starter Fan
theres only so many ideas, these are the 494th and 495th pokemon :/

Yet they look like spawns from older pokemon. Sure, there are alot of pokemon, but looking back on fan made pokemon, there really isn't no limit what a one can look like as long as you stick to the right style. Im looking at a black fox with red dots over his eyes, don't i have the right to say its design looks samey to say the least?

Hopefully more unique looking mon' will become revealed somewhere down the line.

Chim-Charred!

Blast Evolution!
No one knew there was going to be a 5th Gen until the hints started popping up. It's kind of hard to fathom how you can top the creator of all pokemon/universe. And you can't say that there will be more generations after this one. You don't have proof.

I like everything about Z minus its face. I prefer Lucario's face over Z's, but Z's body over Lucario's.

Thaaank you Captain, now that the fifth gen has finally been revealed, people are acting like there was never any doubt at all and it was always common knowledge or something. Like come on, that was not the case. Also I still think Lucario looked cooler. I don't think it's fair to say this Pokémon has a better design I mean they're pretty similar but everyone's entitled to their opinions.

Wat.
Zolua and Zoloark or Zoloalk in the U.S.
Anyone who was here back when "Rukario" was new can guess this.
Anyways, I like it. I bet it is not a legendary Pokemon, but I can almost garuntee you it is not found in the wild more than once.

Looks fast, I bet its best stat is speed and is a Physical/Special Mix Attacker.

gliscor&yanmega

I'm glad it's confirmed now. I would hate to wait forever to get confirmed if fake or not.

Well let's see.

What I like about Zorua and Zoroark:
-Both start with the letter "Z"(I love names that start with "Z", hopefully their english names will still have "Z" at the start.
-Fox animal(Although wolves are my fav animal, foxes are my second fav)
-Color(Red and black are my fav colors(espically when together))
-Dark type(It's nice having the first 5th gen pokemon introduce to be Dark).

What I don't like:
-Zoroark should have another type not just dark. Dark and Fire type would be nice, it seems like it would use fire type moves. That's the only one really, Fighting maybe but it doesn't seem like it has the body for it.
-Zoroark has no tail. I would have loved it to have a tail. In fact I rather the ponytail be dropped and have the bottom part of it's hair be it's tail.

So really I'm really happy with these two. Two of my new favourite pokemon now.

Can't wait for more from 5th gen.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Thaaank you Captain, now that the fifth gen has finally been revealed, people are acting like there was never any doubt at all and it was always common knowledge or something. Like come on, that was not the case. Also I still think Lucario looked cooler. I don't think it's fair to say this Pokémon has a better design I mean they're pretty similar but everyone's entitled to their opinions.

Until Gamefreak/Nintendo say they are not making any more new Pokemon games we know there will be new Gens...

Goldenrod

One armed detective
Zoroa is now one of my favorite pokemon. It's just so cute! <3

Yet they look like spawns from older pokemon. Sure, there are alot of pokemon, but looking back on fan made pokemon, there really isn't no limit what a one can look like as long as you stick to the right style. Im looking at a black fox with red dots over his eyes, don't i have the right to say its design looks samey to say the least?

Hopefully more unique looking mon' will become revealed somewhere down the line.

You're basing how extreme the actual creators of Pokemon can make the creatures based off of...

Fan art?

That makes no sense, especially considering that most fan art is crap.