• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon Discussion/Speculation Thread

EnGallade

Say Whaaaaat?
Maybe it will be a ground type and is definetly a new pokemon

ryman

If it really is the title character of the new movie, it almost certainly isn't an evolution of a current Pokemon. I'm going to keep my money on either a legendary Pokemon or an ancient/mystical Pokemon like Lucario (which I highly doubt it is related to). And the title of "phantom" certainly implies a ghost type.

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
The fanart definitely suggests Sandslash evo.
Lots of weak Pokemon were powered up in 4th gen.
Maybe this trend will continue?

cookies kill you

Like a boss
My uncle who works as the CIA agent undercover at Nintendo e-mailed me this....

pokemonZ.png

I know it's Fanart but a good concept.
Where have we seem that hair? It looks familiar.

Woah that defintly looks almost as i imagined it but instead i could see it with a very same color like mightyena but who knows they might suprise us with something everyone hear but one person with a small thought who then goes nah impossible could actualy get it right :D

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
Looks cool for a possible 5th generation Pokemon...i wonder if the Pokemon will turn out to be a legendary..

I really hope it isn't related to Lucario at all. Seriously.

But from the silhouette, it looks pretty cool. The fan art definitely does make it look like a Ground type.

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
It doesn't look sandslash related..

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
My comments on each speculation:

1. Evolution of Lucario. The pelvis/legs/hips are a lot like Lucario, and so is the arm we can see, albeit missing a spike. Also, that is likely a snout so this is probably canine. If it's an evolution of Lucario, it's going to end up a hairy/fiery grizzled version of Lucario. IMO, Lucario does not look like a fully evolved Pokemon. Just look at Magmortar and Electivire, there's definitely room for Lucario to evolve and adopt a floofy design. Also, while you can't see an outline of poofy shorts, there are two grooves in its hips where the shorts could end, but they would be form fitting.

Also, while many are asking, "why would they release an evolution as a first 5th generation Pokemon, why not a stand alone?" historically Pokemon has released preevolutions first. For the 3rd gen we got Azurril, and in the 4th we got Munchlax. Lucario was the second 4th gen Pokemon to be released, not the first.

Plus, Lucario was a main character in a movie before the 4th generation was finished coming out, and so is this one, so there's a paralell. But this could just be Pokemon using a formula.

2. Night Evolution of Riolu. I like the "Werecario" theory, but it seems doubly complicated that Riolu would have to hold an item in the night, or just evolve in one location during the night. I almost think it shouldn't matter if it couldn't evolve before, it wouldn't be the first time Pokemon ignored continuity.

3. Same social standing as Lucario. This sounds likely as well. Maybe a fighting/ghost as opposed to fighting/steel? It should have more red in its design then, to paralell Lucario's blue.

4. Evolution of Mightyena. I highly doubt that. Mightyena is one of the basic Pokemon in Ruby and Sapphire. It has the same standing as Venomoth - people just like it more. Why would it evolve to be the star of the thirteenth Pokemon movie? The logic on this one is just way off.

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
untitled.png
n05_0214_rukario.jpg

To our left we have Pokemon "Z", to our right, early silhouette of Lucario.
0_o

You seriously think they look alike? I must be going insane because I think I'm the only one on this forum that thinks "Z" has NOTHING to do with Lucario & doesn't look anything like it, as well.

At first I thought it was going to be an evo of an older Pokemon, but now I don't think so.
Let's look at all the first Pokemon introduced:
Johto - Togepi
Hoenn - Kecleon (I think?)
Sinnoh - Munchlax

None of these Pokemon had anything to do with a Pokemon from a previous generation. Which leads me to believe that "Z" is going to be a fully evolved Pokemon from a 5th gen Pokemon OR a 5th gen Pokemon with no evolutions. It just doesn't seem like a legendary to me.

Frank The Bunny

Maybe it's to Suicune, Raikou, and Entei what Regigigas is to Regice, Regirock, and Registeel.

Just trying to think outside the box here :)

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
It will have nothing to do with Sandslash. They won't base a movie around an evolution.

Gamesta64

I really don't think it's related to any of the future starter Pokemon...that would put unbalanced attention on the future starters, and I really don't think they would do that...unless, of course, they make 2 more movies and star the other 2 starters which will NOT happen.

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
They might...but then again no...I think it's going to be a standalone

ryman

Sinnoh - Munchlax

None of these Pokemon had anything to do with a Pokemon from a previous generation.

You contradicted yourself. Munchlax is related to Snorlax. Regardless, a movie wouldn't star an evolution so I agree with you that it isn't an evolution. I do think it is a legendary however, considering it's title status.

In my opinion and the first thought that came to mind when I saw the image, was that it was an alternate forme for Celebi. Afterall, it is a new and rather clever concept on Nintendo's part to always have different looks to their creatures. And with the forms of Rotom, Giratina, and Shaymin introduced at the end of Generation IV, would it be of any interest to the fans to include an alternate forme to a popular character at the start of Generation V?

pikachu500

Elite Champion
Um what may this be? any good info here...
Also notice how all the legendary beasts have manes...maybe this Z is the fourth beast?

diceball.jpg

watchi.jpg

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
I guess it could be a legendary but I don't like the idea of it unless we have a hint or confirmed type for all we know it could be the most freaky looking steel type

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
You contradicted yourself. Munchlax is related to Snorlax. Regardless, a movie wouldn't star an evolution so I agree with you that it isn't an evolution. I do think it is a legendary however, considering it's title status.
I wasn't clear, thank you for correcting me. I meant none of them were evolutions from other generations.

cookies kill you

Like a boss
now that i had some time to think i have to good options it will be the next psydo legendary or the 5th generation lucario no not riolu evolving into him but same type of fame lucario had