• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon Discussion/Speculation Thread

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
you mean lugia, ho-oh, regigigas, and arceus?

I meant a Fairy King/Queen :lmao: for the Sinnoh trio of Pixies.
Lugia (Night/Sea) & Ho-Oh (Day/Sky) could get a (Twilight/Earth) counterpart.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
The only reason I dismiss the Mightyena theory, is because Serebii/Pokebeach and Yamikoname (sp?) all claim this is Z, the star of the movie "Ruler of Illusions". It's only Bulbapedia that says that it might be an unrelated extra Pokemon. I'm more inclined to believe Serebii.

If it was an evolution of anything, it should be an evolution of an the co-star of a former movie, Lucario, since that's the only evolving basic Pokemon to star in a movie so far. They could throw us a curveball though.

Whatever it is, I'm tempted to relate "illusions" to "mirages" and think Mirage Island from RSE.

Illusions would be the opposite of clairvoyance, which Lucario is known for. I'm not a Lucario fan, I just think there are connections.

Rakarei

EXCELSIOR
At first glance I got the Lucario evo vibe from this, but now I don't think so. I'm thinking maybe a mightyana evo, or a new pokemon, definately dark type, but I also think it looks like it could be a fire type. I agree with who ever said it could be some kind of embodied chaos pokemon.

ryman

Whatever it is, I'm tempted to relate "illusions" to "mirages" and think Mirage Island from RSE.

That's interesting, because in the japanese versions of RSE Mirage Island is called Phantom Island.

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
it could be as first said the first legendary beast....but then split up...

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I really don't think they'd make it an evo on anything already existing. That being said, I kinda like the "were-lucario" idea...

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
It might be a were-lucario but evolution may not be an idea....it could but most people say no

kangle4

It could be an alternate evolution for Riolu. Since Riolu evolves into Lucario during the day, but it would evolve into this thing at night?

i immediately thought something similar when i first saw the pic.

also reminds me a bit of weavile and shiftry.

firelovindocker

I swear this thing reminds me of werewolf sonic from sonic unleashed....

and if it's associated wth illusions it has to hav a base type of either ghost, dark or phsycic

NES

Flip me to the side!
I don't think it is an evolution for any old pokemon, it must be the final stage of a whole new line. It does look like a werewolf lol, it sort of looks like one of these retarded friends of Sonic that have joined him in the past years too!

With just the shadow we won't know anything about it, just as i exampled before whatever our imagination sees.

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
I literally just said that a few posts before you! lol ;)

But yeah exactly!! It makes the most sense like...at the minute!

I hope it is your idea that would be soooo cool .

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I think that this will be an evolution of Mightyena and it will be Dark/Fighting.

Its basically a werewolf. I think it's not a legendary at all but a pokemon that will be hyped and overrated like Lucario.

Think about it.

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew had

a 4th Gen pokemon [Lucario] w/ a legendary pokemon from three gens before it being a co-star [Mew- 1st Gen]

This one will have

a 5th Gen pokemon ["Z"] w/ a legendary pokemon from three gens before it being a co-star [Celebi- 2nd Gen]

V Faction

www.faction.com
The pictures on the Coro Coro site (http://www.corocoro.tv/pokerelease/index.html) really are quite interesting. The Art from the previous generations is not only fondly remembered but each has a distinctive style. Take for instance the Gameboy Color boxart for Pokemon Crystal - it's dark and black, metallic in nature. The Gameboy Advance arts are all horizontally ratio'd compared to the others. The originals have their signature half-grey half-color backgrounds. So fun to dig through.

And of course, their own mystery wolf smack-dab in the middle.

I don't think it will be Lucario or Mightyena evolution. That would like... kill it.

There werewolf thing I can see. And I admit, I haven't been following the movie thread, but Ash ends up seeing evil mirages/reflections of himself, correct? Oh course werewolves are a darker forme of one's self, and just like how one's dark side comes out in a werewolf transformation, this Pokemon may be able to transform into someone's darker forme.

My first thought when I saw Z was "omg" followed by "He looks like Shiftry."

koolhk

A fresh new start^_^
That would be Ho-Oh

I don't think it's a ledgendary pokemon. I don't know, I just have a feeling. Also does anyone think there's any possibility that there are any other new pokemon in the movie?

I get the feeling "Z" will be the only new Pokemon in this Movie.
If the Fifth Generation Games are still Planned for the end of the Year then I believe they will do a Kecleon and show most New Pokemon in the Anime/In Magazine's.

What is also Mysterious is this "Pokemon A" and "Pokemon B", Reason being is because "Pokemon A" is slated to have alot more Merchandise then "Pokemon B",
"Pokemon B" could be anything?

I'm willing to put money against that. Think about it. Kids not old enough for 6th grade play Call of Duty and Gears of War. If they think its ok for their kids to play against and with people who are profane and in games that are violent and bloody, I don't think a devil pokemon will make much of a difference. Except for those who are quite religious.

I think pokemon already has enough problems with christians complaining about evolution and how it's contradicting the bible.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
If Z is at all connected to any other Pokemon by evolution, I'd guess that it's either a split evo of Riolu. However, I'm guessing that it'll probably be of an evolutionary line all its own.