• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Aielyn

Ha, it looks like Sonic!

Exactly what I thought when I first saw it.

So much so, in fact, that I did this:

Sonicpokemon.jpg

Definitely Sonic in his werehog form.

BM14murph

Master Collector
SCIZOR5THGENERATIONPOKEMONSIHLOUETT.png

um i did this... im having a guess on the scizor family... so yeah.

The pokemon's a communist :p

It just has to be a mightyena just has to be.

1) Face is in simillar shape to mightyena's
2) It's a wolf like poke, so is mightyena
3) Mightyena is randomly on Z movie merch

This all too much of a coincidence

Hmm a cool name.....

Lycyeana - as in lycan (werewolf) and the obvious - yeana

Danni

The Vangaurd
Haha.

It will definitely have high speed and attack.

Although all that hair is nothing but drag when it comes to aerodynamics.

BM14murph

Master Collector
SCIZOR5THGENERATIONPOKEMONSIHLOUETT.png

um i did this... im having a guess on the scizor family... so yeah.

The pokemon's a communist :p

It just has to be a mightyena just has to be.

1) Face is in simillar shape to mightyena's
2) It's a wolf like poke, so is mightyena
3) Mightyena is randomly on Z movie merch

This all too much of a coincidence

Hmm a cool name.....

Lycyeana - as in lycan (werewolf) and the obvious - yeana

Nebbio

NINJA!
My bets are on that it is not a new Mightena evo. I think it could possibly be a new Pokemon thta has nothing to do with the other gens.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I like it, looks different and feels fresh for Pokemon. Lets hope just the CoroCoro site has the shadow and the real thing shows up.

Its arms look like Latias and Latios. Its face looks like wolf which is standing on hind limbs which means it can be based on Werewolf(not sure as Lucario is not a werewolf).
So whats Pokemon Z, a Dracula or Frankenstein?

Synn

Female Dragon Tamer
I think it's more likely to be a Lucario evo, than a Mightyena.

Last edited:

Danni

The Vangaurd
No it doesn't.

Mightyena is a hyena.

Again, the "-yena" in Mightyena comes from the fact that it's a hyena, not a wolf.

Please, a little sanity?

I'm sure none has gone insane.

I think you're just a little obsessed with correct terminology.. ;328;

Hmmm...now I think it may very well be a Mightyena evolution as well. I just find it funny that a random Mightyena is now an important part of the movie yet it doesn't belong to Ash & Co., this will be interesting. I also hope it's a Dark/Fighting Type too, that would be cool.

I think it could be a Dark/Fighting type, as by going by the silhouette, it's very muscular, and plus Mightyena is a quadraped, so to go from 4 legs to 2 means it has to be powerful, and I would imagine that it would have the ability to switch between all fours to walking upright, so it would have a high speed stat, and it would be powerful.

And going by the image, I reckon its quite tall, I reckon about 6'2".

new-pokemon-silhouette-corocoro.jpg

Also does anyone know what the text says?

Synn

Female Dragon Tamer
ucarioevo.jpg

Lucario Evo?

BCVM22

Uh huh.

Perhaps. The point remains, however: there is nothing yet but conjecture to suggest that this silhouette is anything and thus to declare that it "has" to be one possibility or another is inaccurate, particularly doing so on the basis of flawed logic.

Also does anyone know what the text says?

Not verbatum, but the gist is to stay tuned for the next issue of CoroCoro.

No. 1 Machop Fan

I agree. We're all just using our imaginations. I even saw someone say it could've been a Dunsparse evolution!

Personally, I think it's not in an evolutionary family from the 1st four gens at all.

Mightyena is a hyena.

Again, the "-yena" in Mightyena comes from the fact that it's a hyena, not a wolf.

Please, a little sanity?

If I remember correctly Sanity has never applied to the Pokémon series. You may constantly go on about Mightyena being based upon a Hyena, however you can't judge us on speculation.

Also Pokemon has never been 'sane' in the Pokémon World we have Fish evolve into Serpents, we have Pirahnas evolve into Sharks, we have lizards evolve into Dragons.

So you see Pokémon has never been sane.
So I think Mightyena could evolve into Z.