• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon Discussion/Speculation Thread

I find it more funny that people think this isn't a new pokemon and is instead an evolution to one we already have.

Yeah, Munchlax, Bonsly, Mime Jr. and Weavile weren't new pokémon either.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
i'm am shocked how much fanart is out already! i'm so joining the fun!

Shiny_Scizor

Pokemon Coordinator
My guess was that it'd be a third evo of the Sandshrew line....but that's just my hope.

pokemonmasterhustler

Pokemon Master
Wow this became a popular discussion. I guess the world must be excited over the fact that there's a Generation V news. I think it's a dark fighting pokemon or fighting and something. Think about it the stance, the name phantom champion?

Jigglypuff5000

Yeah, Munchlax, Bonsly, Mime Jr. and Weavile weren't new pokémon either.

Munchlax was the first unveiled from those gen four ones, and a baby pokemon [which this ain't], and Blaziken for third gen, and he was a fully evolved starter, very similar to this one in fact.

Ho ho.

I'm going with the water starter myself. Probably a new typing in Water/Fighting [though Water/Ghost would be far more awesome].

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
From talk about it being a dark/fire, werewolf and final starter pokemon....I conclude it to be something of this sort http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9624/werewolf665nl1.jpg

Maybe, the starters will have day/night evolutions so that this could be a starter's nighttime evolution..=p Thoughts?

Well maybe you are right. his organs looks like Weavile and Sneasel if you noticed. I don't think it's the evolution form of Mightyena. this pokemon is standing on 2 legs, I think it's might be a new pokemon (without evolutions from the previous gens).

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Porygon is taller than Porygon2. Gloom is taller than Bellossom.

He's referring to the image posted on the previous page, which shows a half-sized fake Sneasel pre-evolution.

DarkerShining

Well, I bet we'll all be surprised to see what the Pokemon with the hourglass figure really looks like when it is revealed.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure it's not related to any previous Pokemon. I think we've had enough evolutions and pre-evolutions now. Hopefully most of the Pokemon in this fifth generation will be brand new ones.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Porygon is taller than Porygon2. Gloom is taller than Bellossom.

Except that both Porygon & Gloom appear in Gen 1, way before Porygon2 & Bellosom. Porygon2 and Bellosom are the "new" Pokemon in this case, and both of them are evolution, not pre-evolution.

Also, as of now, Pre-evo of existing Pokemon tends to be Baby Pokemon because the existing Pokemon with Pre-evo are considered Basic Stage Pokemon - neither Porygon2 nor Bellosom are considered Basic Stage, and neither Porygon nor Gloom are considered Baby.

And a Pokemon with shadow like that is very likely to be at least Basic Stage - Baby is usually small and cute, not something that apparently will have quite a ferocious look like this new Pokemon.

JigglesV

Well maybe you are right. his organs looks like Weavile and Sneasel if you noticed. I don't think it's the evolution form of Mightyena. this pokemon is standing on 2 legs, I think it's might be a new pokemon (without evolutions from the previous gens).

Interesting thoughts. I see what you're saying about Sneasel and Weavile, my only thought against that is that our silhouette and that picture I had posted (not mine by the way) resembles a werewolf....much like our silhouette.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
For the sake of not ruining Generation Five in my head, I'm saying this is a completely new Pokemon with no ties to any older Pokemon aside from the fact that they are Pokemon.

Silhouettes are very deceiving which is something we've all learned in the past.
Sure, right now it looks like a werewolf type creature, but in the end it could end up being something completely different than any of us thought of.

I'm excited to see what this Pokemon is, hopefully it will give us a good glimpse of what the fifth generation has in store for us!

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
For the sake of not ruining Generation Five in my head, I'm saying this is a completely new Pokemon with no ties to any older Pokemon aside from the fact that they are Pokemon.

Silhouettes are very deceiving which is something we've all learned in the past.
Sure, right now it looks like a werewolf type creature, but in the end it could end up being something completely different than any of us thought of.

I'm excited to see what this Pokemon is, hopefully it will give us a good glimpse of what the fifth generation has in store for us!

Very true, i remember several times in the past where we've though a Pokemon looked like one thing then it ended up being another, it's all a matter of waiting now.

I remember once they did that Torkoal silhouette stunt and everybody was like this is Torkoal's evolved from and it came out to be Torkoal itself.

Same goes for NE Pichu which didn't lasted long.