• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon Discussion/Speculation Thread

http://i46.*******.com/2urqbub.png
This image that was posted a minute ago looks like it fits. Of course, it's probably not going to be like that, but it seems to fit the silhouette. Looks like a Lucario to me.

The image is really good, and it looks like Sugimori Art, however it can't be, as its been signed by someone, so its not Z, or new 5th Gen Poke :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Mew-100

Future Scriptwriter!
The extra tuft of fur isn't a pony tail. It's the tail of it. The bit that makes it look like a ponytail is probably it's other arm.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
The extra tuft of fur isn't a pony tail. It's the tail of it. The bit that makes it look like a ponytail is probably it's other arm.

And your proof of this is?

It could be both. We can't tell because of the silhouette.

Mrpuc

Shocked!
I think it is an evolution of lucario or an alternative evolution for riolu (night time evolution)

manaphee

新たなる誓い
I think it is an evolution of lucario or an alternative evolution for riolu (night time evolution)

That actually makes sense. If Riolu gained friendship at night, it would evolve into the new Pokemon, and at day for Lucario.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
When I saw it, I was reminded of Sandslash...

Maybe a Sandslash Evo?

Riversong

Buggy down.
That fanart is amazing, it actually looks like Sugimori work.

I'd rather it be a standalone poke rather than an evolution. Or if it is, a Mightyena evo would be cool.

That doesn't make sense, though. The NE Pichu was covered up, no silhouette. This has a silhouette, and it doesn't seem to exactly resemble an existent Pokemon.

Thats not my point. I mean all Pokemon that aren't revealed at one time.
Still people said it was a new Pokemon and what we get in the end was a Pichu.

On Topic: Still people are drawing fan arts of this Pokemon. Guess we will be getting fake Pokemon soon.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I was surprised this morning, but I remember reading that a new RPG Pokemon game was coming out this year in Japan so of course it had to be a new region and new Pokemon. Even though its exciting news, i can't help but feel a lil bittersweet about it because a few years back, I drew 157 new Pokemon that I wanted to be 5th gen. What a waste!

Undoubtedly the creators wasn't gonna use them anyway but I can still dream though. Maybe I'll count them as the next gen.

~:Shadow:~

From what it looks it is a werewolf-sorta Pokémon. I'm guessing it's typing could be Dark, Fight or a dual of Dark/Fight. I am also thinking it is a legendary, since most of the Pokémon movies, if not all, featured a legendary Pokémon. If this is true, then that means we're finally seeing a Fight-type legendary, hopefully.

Some people have been speculating that it might be an evolution/alternate form of Lucario, but I am highly doubtful of that for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are so many people saying it is a Riolu alternate evolution or a Lucario evolution? It makes more sense that the first Pokemon to be advertised for the fifth generation is something completely brand new that has no ties to previous generations..

manaphee

新たなる誓い
Hmm... it does look like a werewolf, now that you mention it. Lots of people have speculated that it's the "Phantom Ruler Z".

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Hmm... it does look like a werewolf, now that you mention it. Lots of people have speculated that it's the "Phantom Ruler Z".

It is. Serebii said it was.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
I'm starting to like the theory that it is an evolution of Mightyena, especially because of the new theory that was posted on Pokebeach, which showed a plastic bag for the new movie with Mightyena on it. A Lucario evolution is still likely, although it would surely be insanely overpowered in the metagame. A Mightyena evolution seems like a good choice.

TicoPokemonMaster

^ I was beat to it. Glad that I am not the only one who thought of it
I am starting to think it is a evo of Mightyena. Remeber the movie bag that came out a few weeks ago and had mightyena on it

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be something completely different and it ends up being nothing close to a werewolf, lol.

Bogmire

yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a banette evo. especially considering how the duskull and shuppet lines bear no resemblence at all to their evolutions