• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I'm starting to like the theory that it is an evolution of Mightyena, especially because of the new theory that was posted on Pokebeach, which showed a plastic bag for the new movie with Mightyena on it. A Lucario evolution is still likely, although it would surely be insanely overpowered in the metagame. A Mightyena evolution seems like a good choice.

I am starting to think it is a evo of Mightyena. Remeber the movie bag that came out a few weeks ago and had mightyena on it

The bag also had other Pokemon, including Tangrowth. Using that logic, should we assume that it's a Tangrowth evolution?

Quin

Yeah it certainly has a werewolf vibe to it, but why the sudden love for Mightyena? I think a Lucario evo is more probable..if not just a new pokemon altogether.

Mitja

Veteran smartass
1. sandlash has bigger claws than this.
2. riolu would already have a nighttime happiness evolution if the would have decide to give him one.

Mightyena being in the movie proves nothing. Why would Mightyena have to be in the movie if it was it's evolution that the movie is about anyway? Doesn't make sense.

It's a totally new pokemon. That's the only logical conclusion.

It's funny how everyone after seeing all the 4th generation evolutions for the last years, reacts to a new sillhoute "ITS EVOLUTION OF DIS ONE"

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Why are so many people saying it is a Riolu alternate evolution or a Lucario evolution? It makes more sense that the first Pokemon to be advertised for the fifth generation is something completely brand new that has no ties to previous generations..

I've been saying the same thing. It being the star of the movie also makes sense for it to be on of the legendaries. However I also acknowledge the fact that some of the first few Pokemon we got for D/P were Muchlanx, Bonsly and Mime Jr.

GalladeX

Maybe Serebii Joe's wr--*shot*

I don't know why everyone thinks it's a Riolu evolution. I don't see the similarties between the two. If the red/crimson-y one is the real colour scheme, then it's way too much of a difference. It's a completely new Pokemon, and has a fifty-fifty chance of being Legendary, I think.

Jigglypuff5000

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be something completely different and it ends up being nothing close to a werewolf, lol.

Me too, it'll be nothing like most expect. I think it'll be the water starter's final evolution myself [with a dual typing of Fighting or Ghost] - something 'out there' like that, and non-wolfish.

Hilikus

Aqua Boogie
It obviously an evolution of sonic the hedgehog, haha.
Can't believe there is 40 pages for one ambiguous silhouette.
My thoughts are that it is a new Pokemon.

TicoPokemonMaster

The bag also had other Pokemon, including Tangrowth. Using that logic, should we assume that it's a Tangrowth evolution?

I would agree with you if the picture showed vines sticking out of it all over the place. But it clearly shows to have the face of a dog/wolf.

I also guessing that it is a Absol evo.

FrozenFlames

It obviously an evolution of sonic the hedgehog, haha.
Can't believe there is 40 pages for one ambiguous silhouette.
My thoughts are that it is a new Pokemon.

HAHA. When i first saw the silhouette i said "this must be the baby of werewolf sonic and a lucario" At least im not the only one who thought of sonic xD

Sinnohdragon

Dragoness~
When i saw it first thing i thought of was Quilfish 0.o
Then Lucario :/
Then i went on Pokébeach which suggested Mightyena. Kinda fits. Slightly.

raichu666

Venus adept
Mightyena has the same base stat total as dragonair, metang, and shelgon

just a thought, though i would rather see a completely new pokemon

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I would agree with you if the picture showed vines sticking out of it all over the place. But it clearly shows to have the face of a dog/wolf.

I also guessing that it is a Absol evo.

It's an example. You can't "clearly" see anything from a silhouette. Hell, that snout that you're seeing could possibly be a beak, which was a second guess of mine.

Isis-sama

Does it seem to anyone else that the top part of the 'mane' that all the new fanarts seem to be drawing this new Pokemon with is actually some sort of naturally occuring guard or shield? It seems that way to me.

As for this being related to Lucario, well, Lucario is popular so I could see it getting an evolved form or split evolution from Riolu, but this doesn't have to be it.

Maru90

POCKET MEN ANYONE?
Yeah it certainly has a werewolf vibe to it, but why the sudden love for Mightyena? I think a Lucario evo is more probable..if not just a new pokemon altogether.

No! If anything, it would be the other way around. Lucario has nothing to do with this movie (from what we know). People just think it's Lucario's evolution because it starred in a movie before and that's all they can think of. I'm not saying it's for sure not it's evolution but at this point, I think a mightyena evolution is more pausible from the two but I'd rather it being a new pokemon altogether.

I kind of hope it's something completely different from what we're expecting.

E733t4koga

After watching the trailer for pokemon movie z, the "pokemon z" seems to have the ability to transform into or make an evil copy of ash. These are both powers of the Japanese fox spirit kitsune (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsune#cite_note-16). It is highly likely that pokemon z is based off kitsune and this would hint at it being a ninetails evo (ninetails is also based off kitsune).

To be honest, I don't think it resembles Mightyena at all...I think it's a new Pokemon. If it is an evo, I think it would be Lucario.