• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Godric

Petrew Petrew
Or that it's just something completely new with no relation to old Pokemon....

I REALLY hope this is the case. If it turns out to be an evolution of a previous Gen. Pokemon I will be highly upset.

hellmetal789

continues to strive!
some one said the pony tail is a tail, it cant be even on the original its too far away from its butt, its tail comes out of its leg ?.

its could be a arm it might look like a werewolve, but they could have done that to trick us :p, i personaly think its stomache area is too thin. which leads me to believe insect/alien for some reason.

but the red and black fanart in my sig is still my fav thus far.

TicoPokemonMaster

Hust because it might be based off a kitsune doesn't mean that it will evolve from ninetails. Think about how many mouse related pokemon are out there doesn't mean they are evos or families of them.

GalladeX

If it is Phantom Champion "Z" then my guess is it'd be either Dark or Ghost type. I wonder if its a Standalone pokemon, or an evolution like Lucario.

I thought the Dark Ash Clone-thingy was Z...

Anyway, it's probably gonna be standalone if it will be starring in the movie. Either that, or it's at it's end of evolutionary line.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Can we post new threads on the Gen. V forum?

Is there any need to currently?

The 5th gen forum is probably moderated, which required the mod to approve the thread.

EnGallade

Say Whaaaaat?
http://i46.*******.com/2urqbub.png
This image that was posted a minute ago looks like it fits. Of course, it's probably not going to be like that, but it seems to fit the silhouette. Looks like a Lucario to me.

EDIT; sorry, double post.

For a split second I would believe this the rings would make me think lucario but it's just a fan art...

oakbark

Elite Four Novice
I changed my mind. I think it's going to be an alternate evo for Pikachu. Or a new Pichu. Or a new fusion evo for Plusle and Minun.

Just kidding! I think I'd stop playing if they introduced another one of those Pika-clones.

It reminds me of the wolf on that Okami game. Which is similar to kitsune, but a little different.

-Koumori-

Definitely looks like some sort of bipedal wolf, werewolf, whatever you want to call it - even with the thin abdomen area. I'm going with a new Pokemon.. impossible to tell at this point if it evolves from or into something, but I'm going with the standalone new Pokemon thought.

AyameHikaru

Alt-Reality User
In my opinion, it's a split evolution of vulpix. "Master of Illusion" seems more like a link to kitsune than to werewolf. Mightyena has never (to my knowledge) been linked to anything like illusions. Lucario's got the 'aura' bit, so changing it mid line seems a little weird. However, Ninetales is based on kitsune and has been REPEATEDLY linked to psychic powers, ESPECIALLY those of illusion. Since Ninetales is already a stone evolution, it seems unlikely that Ninetales itself will evolve.

But wait, split evolution lines are already a long standing tradition. Clear back as far as Gen I we had eevee, who evolved into three different pokemon based on what stone was used on it. Also, come Gen IV we had more split lines involving stones, most notably the Dawn Stone evolutions, evolving two pokemon who normally evolved by level.

My belief is that either you use the Dusk stone (or a new stone) on vulpix, or they reverse what they did in Gen IV with the dawn stone and give a level up evo to a stone evolver.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Interesting thoughts. I see what you're saying about Sneasel and Weavile, my only thought against that is that our silhouette and that picture I had posted (not mine by the way) resembles a werewolf....much like our silhouette.

Well yeah that's what I thought. And I think it fits to Weavile and Sneasel's size, because it will be little higher than Weavile. Sneasel and Weavile are almost in the same high, I hope it's true.