• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon Discussion/Speculation Thread

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
When i see it's body shape i think Fighting type, yet surprisingly, when i first saw this i though of a evolution of Sandslash.
My friend thought the exact same thing, but I doubt it's Sandslash. It just feels too ramdon for me.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
It might be a Lucario evovltion or it might be a Mighyena evovltion.I think that it might be a werewolf evovltion of Mighyena.

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
Sonic werehog alert.

This.

In all seriousness, I could see it being a Wolf-like creature. However, to assume it has a relationship with any pre-existing pokemon right now is rather absurd. As long as it is silhouetted, I'm not going to speculate anything other than that it is wolf-like.

This is going to turn out like the speculation over the silhouettes of Rotom's forms. People are going to argue over what it is, and in the end they'll all (more than likely) be wrong.

R_N

You know what, I think it will be white and Normal/Ice type.

Arctic wolves are pretty awesome

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
I remember someone posting about it being a Smeargle; that makes sense.

It could have used its' art power to imaitate Ash, or it could've Sketched Transform and used it. :p

actually it belongs in the same group as hitmonlee, hitmonchan, hitmontop and tyrouge.

JigglesV

Nothing to do with our silhouette in particular but, what if they decide to throw daytime-nighttime starter evolutions into the whole generation five mix? Wouldn't that be pretty cool? I think so....it'd put a whole new spin onto the game if you ask me :p

I'm def thinking nighttime Marowak evo....=p....jk <3

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
I just don't think they'd give lucario an evolution, seeing as how strong it is now. It's possible that it could be a Mighyena evolution. But I think it's a new evolution family or a legend.

DrJo

Pokemon Doc
This is going to turn out like the speculation over the silhouettes of Rotom's forms. People are going to argue over what it is, and in the end they'll all (more than likely) be wrong.

I dont want more forms please... only for a couple of legendaries. Why is it so important for the people to the silouette be a mightyena evolution, i dont consider previous gen evos like new pokemon. Be ambitious people more pokemon lines!

R_N

I remember someone posting about it being a Smeargle; that makes sense.

It could have used its' art power to imaitate Ash, or it could've Sketched Transform and used it. :p
That was me, but it's really sort of a stretch and me just being overly optimistic.
Mightyena is far more likely, really.

(also Transform is one of the few moves Smeargle can't sketch)

lutzu

well if this pokemon is going to be Z or not i think is going to be a new pokemon similar to lucario and it will have a pre-evo in 6th gen,not a evolution of lucario or any of others pokemon,most like a rival and i think is going to be dark/fighting.

Last edited:

minredd

Cartoonist
About the people saying that it's a Mighteyna(I know I spelled that wrong, I'm too lazy to look it up)evolution because there's one on the bag, by that logic doesn't that mean it could just as well be in the Tanglegrowth family as well?

JigglesV

Whoa another branch off of my daytime-nighttime starter idea!!

You can evolve your starter pokemon during the day for a day-form and at night for a night-form. Then for your evolved starter you can then again evolve in day or night ....and so on giving you a pluthera of end-starter possibilities

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
It`s this Gen`s Lucario that will have a pre-evovled forme that will be anounced when all GenV are announced.I highly doubt that it would be a Mightyena or Lucario evovle forme.