• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon Discussion/Speculation Thread

hellmetal789

continues to strive!
I destinctly recall GSC having "Only on the Gameboy Color!" on their boxes. Yes the gameboy color was an upgrade, and the GSC games NEEDED that upgrade to work. They could connect with each other, true, but so could the GBA games with the DS. All I am saying is perhaps there is a possibility of DSi exclusivity. Though I do doubt it.

you could still play gold and silver on the original gameboy even though they were color games on the box :p

Coach

Speculator
They explicitly stated that Gen V would be on the DS, not the DSi, but the DS. It won't be DSi exclusive.

And the Beast Trio have a master already, there's no need for anything further.

firelovindocker

Lol pamizard is wrong
but at least he's trying to give get some speculation and supported ideas

other ppl are saying sht way worse

randommaster

Okay, let me write down our list of speculative evolved Pokemon:

Mightyena
Lucario
Bunnery
Vulpix
Sandshrew

who else? and what about type combination? Fighting/normal? Fighting/ghost?
The announcement said we would be surprized, so this leads me to speculate that they are rebooting the entire pokemon franchise and that this will be trhe new pikachu.

It makes about as much sense as anything else people are saying.

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
Now that I have seen fan-made sprites, a Mightyena evo looks quite likely.

Olympichero191

Embraced by Hatred..
I'm not really sure how a fox or kitsoune would be "totally new" or "surprise" anyone, even the japanese population, considering Ninetails' and Vulpix's existences. Now, since you mentioned kitsune, and i had no idea what it was, I decided to google it and found that they are believed to be able to take human form in some cases. And the silhouette does seem someone what like a humanoid fox/wolf so a pseudo kitsune type of pokemon is completely plausible. Sort of like a kitsune who only got half way through taking a human form :p

That's kind of what I meant by if it were a Kitsune it wouldn't be surprising to the Japanese audience. In America, I don't know of any type of folklore that has a Fox turning into a human. IIRC, wasn't there an episode of Pokemon that had Ninetails shown fooling a human? But anyway, what I meant was, wolves in American folklore are like that of the Kitsune (I think anyway, that's how I perceived them when I was younger) so if it's a wolf-like Pokemon that would make sense.

I also don't know how the whole Werewolf thing is perceived in Japan, but that could possibly be a "surprise" to them.

hmmm

Scuffle of Legends
"Z" looks kind of like a were-wolf Pokemon. Its hard to tell what parts are what though. Is that thing on the right a different shaped hand? Or is it part of a ponytail type deal, cause it looks like he has a mane coming down his back...

iColorfulEevee

Lalalala~✰
hate to ruin the surprise but its a female riolu evolution.

And exactly HOW are you planning to support this other than, IT LOOKS LIKE LUCARIO OR SOMETHINGZ LIKE THAT!!

Personally, I believe its just an entirely new Pokemon getting its own movie, just like Lucario. He got his own movie and he was just another entirely new pokemon. That's just my guess...

rocky505

^ I believe it's just a mane or something close too that. For the female Riolu evo (Fudge No!) that would suck, it would be more defensive than Lucario.

Godric

Petrew Petrew
"Z" looks kind of like a were-wolf Pokemon. Its hard to tell what parts are what though. Is that thing on the right a different shaped hand? Or is it part of a ponytail type deal, cause it looks like he has a mane coming down his back...

I believe it to be it's mane but we won't know for certain until the 15th.

i thought it was a hand but i think its a tail the main stops at that little part, most pokemon have tails specially "wolf pokemon"/animal pokemon
as for the main it looks sorta like sonic the hedge hog >.>

Last edited:

rocky505

not funny gamekrazy. Like some peeps have said it could just be a new Pokemon like Lucario was when he first appeared.

Cutty

Forever now
From the look of thing. It should be a new brand pokemon species.
Maybe it's half alien like Deoxys. We don't get much alien pokemon. do we?

So yeah, no phantom or ghost, just an outer space creature....

I am just curious to why so many people think it even relates to Lucario. I personally see no resembence. I do personally do hope it is something like a Werewolf. I think it would be really cool. I also hope it isn't a legendary. I never have legendaries on my in-game team and I think it would be lame. Legendaries are stupid. As far as types go... I am pretty certain it will be dual-typed. Fighting seems the most likeley, but with clues fom the movie trailer I am also thinking Dark. Only time will tell...

rocky505

I am just curious to why so many people think it even relates to Lucario. I personally see no resembence. I do personally do hope it is something like a Werewolf. I think it would be really cool. I also hope it isn't a legendary. I never have legendaries on my in-game team and I think it would be lame. Legendaries are stupid. As far as types go... I am pretty certain it will be dual-typed. Fighting seems the most likeley, but with clues fom the movie trailer I am also thinking Dark. Only time will tell...
People say it looks like Lucario because of the legs and the pointy nose that is similar to Lucario's.