• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Dante Falls

Doppelgänger
Faradog.jpg

Calling it now, Electrode evolution- Faradog.​

GalladeX

Although that is an interesting theory, I see a problem. All Pokemon have to be in the same dimension. Even Giratina's in a reverse version of our own. So unless Pokemon can exist in a different dimension, I find that unlikely.

Guess you're right. Maybe Celebi was keeping it halfway in the dimensions. Halfway between the Normal World and the Reverse World. Then it would be in our dimension, and it wouldn't entirely be kept in Giratinas. Then, someone trying to rescue 494 is trapped. The Legendary Beasts/or an archeaologist accidently releases 494 and the trapped person. Ash's great-grandfather was an archealogist, and couldn't help the trapped guy. So the trapped guy takes the form of Ash, but Evil. Then they hunt down Ash.

Mawile412

Problem
i think that the dark ash is this new pokemon. if it is a kitsune it makes sense cause 1 of the abilities of a kitsune is shapeshifting

i don't think it's gonna be a kitsune. there's no evidence to support it anyway. so the title has the word phantom in it, so what?

Sol49867

part of me thinks it might be a night time evolution of riolu, a lucario evolution sounds kinda unlikely

well we wont know 100% until they show what it really is

Cool_Trainer_Tyrone

Only Train The Best
Correct me if im wrong but isnt there like a promo for the movie like plush toys with a pokeball,that was on the front page of serebii a few weeks ago and i think i rember two question marks being two mestry toys,im probly wrong but hopefully there may be two new Pokemon to be show in the movie?

nkishadow

Shiny Trader
It looks like a lucario or a mightyena evo
but those are my guesses

mockingjay

swift and lol
awesome.png
untitled.png

I'm thinking it's a stand-alone 5th generation. Can't tell until we see the official pic though.

Bisasam

Bulbasaur
Just because Mightyena happens to be on the bag doesn't mean the new Pokemon has to be an evo of Mightyena. There's also a Tangrowth on the bag. Does that mean this Pokemon could be an evo of Tangrowth?

But Tangrowth will for sure appear in the movie, as well as the others. Plus, it's a 4th gen Pokémon.

For me, it's so clear that Mightyena is the odd one out on this bag, it just doesn't fit, why would they just insert a random 3th gen Pokémon which has nothing to do with Johto/Sinnoh? The anime is mostly about advertising the games and that is done by choosing Pokémon who have to do something with the actual games, at the moment it's Sinnoh, Johto or in the future the new 5th generation Pokémon.

(For all the other users: I'm talking about this: http://www.imagebanana.com/img/wn2texvt/Unbenannt3.jpg )

Escheria

Ray Tracer
Whatever that new pokemon is, it's probably gonna look quite ugly :/

Kreis

Still Dirrty
But Tangrowth will for sure appear in the movie, as well as the others. Plus, it's a 4th gen Pokémon.

For me, it's so clear that Mightyena is the odd one out on this bag, it just doesn't fit, why would they just insert a random 3th gen Pokémon which has nothing to do with Johto/Sinnoh? The anime is mostly about advertising the games and that is done by choosing Pokémon who have to do something with the actual games, at the moment it's Sinnoh, Johto or in the future the new 5th generation Pokémon.

(For all the other users: I'm talking about this: http://www.imagebanana.com/img/wn2texvt/Unbenannt3.jpg )

Tangrowth is just as random as Mightyena. The 4th gen needs no more promotion, specifically DPPt. Tangrowth serves no promotional purposes. There's a lot of Pokemon that are placed in posters, yet play no important role. For example, Buizel and Chatot from the Manaphy movie.

hellmetal789

continues to strive!
Looks like a sonic rippoff of shadow but it may be fake the second in my theory it migth be blue and that may be a Lucario evo its ovious (the same belly color and arm bands but i may be rwong it confuses

actually xous colored another one blue on his deviantart link is in my sig.

Generation_5_PKMN_Alternate_by_Xous54.png

Dante Falls

Doppelgänger
awesome.png
untitled.png

I'm thinking it's a stand-alone 5th generation. Can't tell until we see the official pic though.

Wow, that's a pretty amazing fake. :O

Sorta wish I hadn't seen it, now I'm gonna compare whatever the Silhouette turns out to be with this xD

ribcage_x

Whatever that new pokemon is, it's probably gonna look quite ugly :/

HA this ^

Anyways I'm hoping its a ghost pokemon
Ghostie warewolf anyone?
I love the whole split evo for vulpix idea. but theres more of a chance it will evolve from a magikarp than vulpix.
I think it will be a evo from mightyena. .-.
lucario? nope no way.

Riolucario

Pokémon Collector
*New user*
Hey guys, long-time Pokéfan, first-time Serebii-poster.

I joined because I do love a good bit of speculation, with 5th generation on its way I thought it was time to join in the mad guesses and theories people post on here.

I have actually read through MOST of these pages (yep, I really did) and I have to say I actually love some of these ideas.

My initial thoughts about this new Pokémon was that it's just a new Pokémon with a werewolf style. Dark / Fighting, y'know the deal. I highly doubt this Pokémon is Z at all, and it wasn't specifically stated that it was by Pokémon Sunday (a link to something that proves me wrong, or right, would be great).

Reading through these posts, a couple have caught my eye. The Riolu (<3) split evolution makes perfect sense, as I never really understood why you had to evolve Riolu during the day to get Lucario, just, why? Unless, they had this were-jackel esque Pokémon under wraps for a night time evolution (possibly a new game-mechanic involving the moon? A place, perhaps? Like Mt. Moon for instance, but new.)

The Ninetales theory is a no-go for me. I just don't see any resemblence. Kitsune's are indeed known for illusions and human-forms, but so are many many other mythical creatures, and I can't see WHY they would get rid of the NINE TAILS, since that is a very important part of the whole Kitsune identity. (No, the hair is not the tail, since it wouldn't be a tail anymore, geddit?)

Finally, the Mightyena theory. Yes, it's plausible. Not a werewolf, but a werehyena. Many cultures share the werewolf legend, but not all countries have wolves, so they replace it with a common carniverous creature that they do have (hyena's are a common carniverous creature in some places.) I also do see a similarity. I mean, it HAS taken a bepedal form, obviously, so there would be differences. We can see a similar change in some existing Pokémon evolutions.

Regardless, I do not think this Pokémon is "Z", but a 5th generation Pokémon that happens to have a biggish role in the upcoming film alongside "Z". Maybe it will be Evil-Ash's rival's Pokémon of choice? (I don't watch the animé or the films, though I have seen quite a few, but I much prefer the games).

Off-topic, I hope I enjoy my stay at Serebii and I hope we have new information I can post my opinions and ideas on soon! Ciao for now, folks.

Edit: Changed "was" to "wasn't", my mistake.

Last edited:

mewmew202

I honestly think it looks like it could be another fire/fighting type, most likely the final evolution to whatever the new starter pokemon is. Its face reminds me of Ninetales, but its stance has me thinking it is definitely part fighting type. It looks foxlike as well so it could be an evolution of Ninetales though I find that rather unlikely. All I know is it is definitely not the first stage of a pokemon, definitely a fighting type, and has many characteristics of a fire type.