• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon Discussion/Speculation Thread

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
Um, whats this Promo Bag people are talking about?

Ty Rufus

I'mma guess it's an evolved form of Lucario, or perhaps a Pokemon in relation to it. I can see where there might be a spike in its chest like Lucario, and the round shoulder joints. If it's "Z," I say that it could be Dark-Type and possibly something else, like either metal or fighting.

aa_623

Aren't they all cold-blooded? I mean... they lay eggs. And while I'm on topic, what's up with that? Does Nintendo have harsh feelings about live-birth? Hmm, I love jumping to conclusions.

Birds lay eggs, and they're warm-blooded. I'm guessing the mammal-looking pokemon are monotremes.

Yeah fusions wouldn't work, unless they changed the way slowpoke and magnemite evolve in the main games (slowpoke+shellder=slowbro;slowpoke+shellder+kings rock=slowking;magnemite+magnemite+magnemite=magneton). Pokemon and digimon have their similarities, but they also have their differences, let's not hope that they lose the differences that they have.

Last edited:

rocky505

After seeing that promotional bag with the Mightyena in the middle, I can't help but lean towards thinking that this might just be a Mightyena evo after all. I mean, all the other Pokemon on this bag are either on Ash, Dawn or Brock's teams, or are Legendaries. The only Pokemon who "should" have no reason for being right squat in the middle is the Mightyena. Unless it plays an important role.

Yes I know that this has probably been stated n number of times before, but I just felt like getting my little word in as well. That and people who are seing this thread for the first time might get the chance to get caught up on what's been happening.
Just because Mightyena is on the bag doesn't mean it will evolve into this newmon. For all us Mightyena evo haters this newmon is a standalone. The mightyena will most likely just be the COTD's Pokemon same for Tangrowth.

Phantom champion Z

riku sorry if i came off like an a•••••• but i dont disagree with your annoyace try using a dsi and waiting 10 min for the page to load, then seeing its the same crap as last page. what bothered me is the fact that you came up and told every body what they can and cannot speculate but to me its worth it as every 10 or so pages there is a great idea. soo just dont want to be hated just trying to stand up for myself
p.s im a dude

MizuJosh

Sapphire Kingdra
After seeing that promotional bag with the Mightyena in the middle, I can't help but lean towards thinking that this might just be a Mightyena evo after all. I mean, all the other Pokemon on this bag are either on Ash, Dawn or Brock's teams, or are Legendaries. The only Pokemon who "should" have no reason for being right squat in the middle is the Mightyena. Unless it plays an important role.

Yes I know that this has probably been stated n number of times before, but I just felt like getting my little word in as well. That and people who are seing this thread for the first time might get the chance to get caught up on what's been happening.

Yeah, pretty much every other page. Haha.

Okay, other new ideas: Ice? Psychic? Anyone think about those at all?

riku29

Emperor Vader
I'mma guess it's an evolved form of Lucario, or perhaps a Pokemon in relation to it. I can see where there might be a spike in its chest like Lucario, and the round shoulder joints. If it's "Z," I say that it could be Dark-Type and possibly something else, like either metal or fighting.

yayy!! he's actually put a little extra detail into his post. Take example from this if you are to continue about lucario/mightyena atleast talk about something new about it that noone has yet.
Although with a Z it could also be electric (i don't think it will be would be cool though)
And with a Z could even be Psychic

rocky505

yayy!! he's actually put a little extra detail into his post. Take example from this if you are to continue about lucario/mightyena atleast talk about something new about it that noone has yet.
Although with a Z it could also be electric (i don't think it will be would be cool though)
And with a Z could even be Psychic
Psychic for the illusions is what I'm seeing.

grenades

Birds lay eggs, and they're warm-blooded.

Okay, well... There are some exceptions. Did you know that guppies and anacondas give live birth? Anyways. I'm pretty sure Pikachu isn't supposed to be a bird. And it lays eggs.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Okay, well... There are some exceptions. Did you know that guppies and anacondas give live birth? Anyways. I'm pretty sure Pikachu isn't supposed to be a bird. And it lays eggs.

Actually, there's no official confirmation that Pokemon lay eggs. For all we know, they just appear.

But of course we know what's really going on behind the scenes.

aa_623

Yes I did. Mammal-based pokemon are probably monotremes.

FocusPresenceEndurance

Aspiring Author
Just because Mightyena is on the bag doesn't mean it will evolve into this newmon. For all us Mightyena evo haters this newmon is a standalone. The mightyena will most likely just be the COTD's Pokemon same for Tangrowth.

This may be true. But I'm still seeing this as a hint that it will be a Mighty evo. I'm also assuming that that Tangrowth will belong to Brock. He's only been walking around with three Pokemon up till now after all.

If Mightyena was off to the side I probably wouldn't jump to such a conclusion. But because it's dead center, it makes me wonder.

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
Hmm...this is the most intense game of "Who's That Pokemon?" ever! My guess is that this picture isn't the only form of this Pokemon. I think's it's a shapeshifter Pokemon (hence the Ash clone) that is a ghost/dark type.

riku29

Emperor Vader
riku sorry if i came off like an a•••••• but i dont disagree with your annoyace try using a dsi and waiting 10 min for the page to load, then seeing its the same crap as last page. what bothered me is the fact that you came up and told every body what they can and cannot speculate but to me its worth it as every 10 or so pages there is a great idea. soo just dont want to be hated just trying to stand up for myself
p.s im a dude

It's k mate.

However if much of the senseless repetitiveness of these posts was cut down then maybe on the one page you may get a whole lot more great ideas.
Not sifting through useless babble to pry out one, and you may also miss some good information.

I'm not telling them to, im opting them to or for the thread creator could maybe change some of the rules so this is cut down a little less.

also to the pokemon egg discussion technically there pocket monsters. not even animals so they can breed in whatever way we humans choose so.

And back to on topic... I believe this pokemon will be a 3rd stage evolution due to the fully developed mane it has. Most likely of a new evolutionary line although if it must be from a previous line then it would be in the Mightyena as they are the only pokemon that has really had a shaggy like mane slowly producing over the back.

grenades

Actually, there's no official confirmation that Pokemon lay eggs. For all we know, they just appear.

But of course we know what's really going on behind the scenes.

Oh yes, get all technical on me. I really don't understand why these so-called brilliant scientists haven't figured out what's going on yet. "This is so strange! We left two Pokémon of opposite gender together and now there's an egg! This is sooo weird!"
Yeah.

Yes I did. Mammal-based pokemon are probably monotremes.

Awww. So I guess those interesting animal facts were only interesting to me. Ooh, monotreme. I had to use the online dictionary for that one. But yes, I agree.