• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon Discussion/Speculation Thread

El Deadlito

The Amis
SUPPORT THE WERE-LUCARIO THEORY

11178.jpg

Stop.Repeating.That.Crap.

Last edited:

7 tyranitars

it won't be a legendary they problaby do the same as whit lucario

dannydstk

i like the alternate rioulu theory BUT i dont think its probable.

whenever there been a new evolution of a pokemon theres always been some new mechanic to do it o explain why they didnt evolve before
for example

umbreon and espeon evolved during the night and day repectively whih wasnt a mechanic in previous generations
porygon2 and porygonz got the upgrade and dubious dis tht just happened to not be available in previous generations
e-vire and magmorter evolved from items available only in sinnoh
and certain pokemon can only evolve in mt oronet
and then other pokemon evolved from certain moves(not sure how accurate this is but couldnt they not learn the moves previously?)

same with baby pokemon where they have to have a certain incense to become whatever baby pokemon that way instead of having a snorlax having a snorlax you would use the incense to have a munchlax instead

SOOOOOOO my point is that since the day and night mechanic was available in sinnoh its not probable that that would be the way an alternate riolu evo would evolve maybe by some new mechanic or item but not at night as being speculated

Riolucario

Pokémon Collector
i like the alternate rioulu theory BUT i dont think its probable.

whenever there been a new evolution of a pokemon theres always been some new mechanic to do it o explain why they didnt evolve before
for example

umbreon and espeon evolved during the night and day repectively whih wasnt a mechanic in previous generations
porygon2 and porygonz got the upgrade and dubious dis tht just happened to not be available in previous generations
e-vire and magmorter evolved from items available only in sinnoh
and certain pokemon can only evolve in mt oronet
and then other pokemon evolved from certain moves(not sure how accurate this is but couldnt they not learn the moves previously?)

same with baby pokemon where they have to have a certain incense to become whatever baby pokemon that way instead of having a snorlax having a snorlax you would use the incense to have a munchlax instead

SOOOOOOO my point is that since the day and night mechanic was available in sinnoh its not probable that that would be the way an alternate riolu evo would evolve maybe by some new mechanic or item but not at night as being speculated

That's easy to remedy.
Let's say...
Riolu --> Lucario = Level up with full Happiness at Daytime.
Riolu --> Lycario = Level up with full Hatred at Night.

New item: [Wolfsbane] - Lowers the Happiness of the Pokémon holding this item whenever you perform an action that would normally increase it's Happiness. (Walking around, massage, etc.)

Hatred mechanic has been used before (the move Frustration) but I'm not entirely sure it's been possible to level a Pokémon with no Happiness before? Since the act of having it in your party / leveling it would indeed increase it's Happiness. Could be wrong, of course.

(I used the name Lycario... Lycan+Rio... Hope you get the reference.)

FocusPresenceEndurance

Aspiring Author
Tangrowth is a wild pokemon that pikachu befriends in the movie just like Munchlax from the deoxys movie.

I wouldn't discount the possibility of Brock getting a Tangrowth between now and the movie, though.

I know I wasn't expecting some of the Pokemon in the current rosters that the main characters has now. You may be right that it is a wild Pokemon that befriends Pikachu. But there is as much evidence to back up that claim as there is to say that Brock gets this Pokemon.

dannydstk

That's easy to remedy.
Let's say...
Riolu --> Lucario = Level up with full Happiness at Daytime.
Riolu --> Lycario = Level up with full Hatred at Night.

New item: [Wolfsbane] - Lowers the Happiness of the Pokémon holding this item whenever you perform an action that would normally increase it's Happiness. (Walking around, massage, etc.)

Hatred mechanic has been used before (the move Frustration) but I'm not entirely sure it's been possible to level a Pokémon with no Happiness before? Since the act of having it in your party / leveling it would indeed increase it's Happiness. Could be wrong, of course.

(I used the name Lycario... Lycan+Rio... Hope you get the reference.)

lol as an avid underworld fan of course i get ur reference lol but anyways its like i said thered have to be some new mechanic or itms which you covered but dont ever expect there to be a hatred factor pokemon is all about being friends with your pokemon this i can guarantee will never happen

FocusPresenceEndurance

Aspiring Author
I don't get how people think it looks like Lucario, aside from having two feet, I see no similarities. Looks far more like a Werewolf Mightyena to me.

I'm not a big fan of the Riolu/Lucario evo idea either. But I think I can see where they're coming from. It kinda looks like there is something similar around this Pokemon's shoulder as there is to around Lucario's shoulder. You know, the little flotation device looking thingy.

It's hard to see, but I see how some people would think this. Again, I personally don't think it will be a Riolu/Lucario evo.

lol as an avid underworld fan of course i get ur reference lol but anyways its like i said thered have to be some new mechanic or itms which you covered but dont ever expect there to be a hatred factor pokemon is all about being friends with your pokemon this i can guarantee will never happen
Technically, there's already a "hatred" factor. Look up the move Frustration.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Good point.

Personally, I'm hoping it will be the final evolution of the fire starter, just so Ash can use Charizard again. I mean, do you really expect Ash to beat the "Pokemon Champion" with the Pokemon he has now?

What does being the final fire starter have to do with Ash using Charizard...?

Riolucario

Pokémon Collector
ahem technically thats just 0 happiness not hatred. nice try though :p

Well just change what I said about "Hatred" to 0 Happiness. I only said Hatred to how a point. :D
I know what you mean about Game Freak making it so evolutions weren't possible in previous generations. But... Lickilicky evolves from Lickitung when he learns Ancientpower. This was possible in Gen 2. Same with Yanma - Yanmega.

I still hope it's a standalone Pokémon however. :)

jono123

I guess the reason why we have so many speculations revolving around evolved forms etc is because the human mind tries to makes things out of shapes or such, thats why we see things in clouds.

Thus most people are just going by what they know. I suspect when it revealed then people will wonder why they thought what they did in the first place. I know my first reaction to it was ooh lucario evolution? After that i got in my mind a kinda anthopamorphised warthog pokemon came up.

But i guess we shall have to wait and see.

Last edited:

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
Well just change what I said about "Hatred" to 0 Happiness. I only said Hatred to how a point. :D
I know what you mean about Game Freak making it so evolutions weren't possible in previous generations. But... Lickilicky evolves from Lickitung when he learns Ancientpower. This was possible in Gen 2. Same with Yanma - Yanmega.

I still hope it's a standalone Pokémon however. :)

Well you would catch it(or its pre-evolution) at 0 happiness so I don't know if that would work. Maybe something like Umbreon, though, were it evolves at night.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I guess the reason why we have so many speculations revolving around evolved forms etc is because they human mind try to makes things out of shapes or such, thats why we see things in clouds.

Thus most people are just going by what they know. I suspect when it revealed then people will wonder why they thought what they did in the first place. I know my first reaction to it was ooh lucario evolution? After that i got in my mind a kinda anthopamorphised warthog pokemon came up.

But i guess we shall have to wait and see.

I'm pretty sure that people will just say "That's nothing like what I thought", they'll always remember why they thought what they did.