• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Woot. Once i get a better picture of Sugimori's artwork, expect to see me draw it :D.

Anyway. Anyone got good name ideas for the games. Maybe Garnet ad something else o_O

thats actually difficult to think of. theyll have to pick minerals or something for the game names because they've used alot of them already. gold, silver, crystal, ruby, sapphire, emerald, diamond, pearl, and platinum. what else is there to use? they could use more birthstone names, i guess.

BlueFox

Poke Pirate ;)
Oh my gosh that prevolution is adorable o3o *love* And Zoroark is pretty cool too, I like it when its on for legs - remind me of zangoose when it's on four legs, or a zangoose/infernape cross |D

Needless to say, I like and will most probably get :)

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
Zoroaaku will be altered in the English version. 'Aku' points to evil. I think the English name will contain parts that hint to this, like 'mal-', 'evil'...

Last edited:

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
thats actually difficult to think of. theyll have to pick minerals or something for the game names because they've used alot of them already. gold, silver, crystal, ruby, sapphire, emerald, diamond, pearl, and platinum. what else is there to use? they could use more birthstone names, i guess.

Yeah i was thinking that they would use birthstones there are 12 after all so they could chose 2 that can relate to each other

Linkdarkside

i sure hope they don't change the name when it comes to translating the game when it comes out... all other things aside, i think the design is brilliant and this shows promise in the new generation. ;) with regards to the type, a secondary typing would be welcomed but i do not think it is totally necessary. :)
well Zoroark sound like too western style name so i doubt they change it and he is a movie main pokemon which usually don't. but his prevo probably will be change.

Contra

I think that the new pokemon is awesome, so i'm seeing a vampire pokemon, and a frankenstein kind of created pokemon. Any thoughts, and also if it's not another mineral (which i think it will be) then they may think about planets or star constellations, especially as the last bad team was galactic. And i want to see team rocket return

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
OH man, the new pokemon looks cute!

It looks pretty good I like them. I like the red blood like markings.

I wonder what the new reigon will be called?

Miltank Lover

Breeder, Miltank Ftw
I'm loving the Color Scheme, I think it's really, really good. The pre-evo is cute and unexpected extra :)

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Freaking sweet. Love its evolution. The whole werewolf thing looks nice.

Sort of expected the black color scheme. There go my psychic abilities again.

Last edited:

pikachu500

Elite Champion
So there was no other 5th gen info in coro coro?

Riolucario

Pokémon Collector
Yeah i was thinking that they would use birthstones there are 12 after all so they could chose 2 that can relate to each other

They don't have to relate to each other.
Gold is more valuble and rare than silver.
Rubies are just red sapphires, they're from the same group of mineral but only the red ones are called rubies, the rest are called sapphires.
Diamonds follow the same as rubies and sapphires and emeralds, in the fact they are one of the four most precious stones. Diamonds are the "hardest" though.
Pearls? They're not even gemstones, but some are considered to be if they're of high quality.

There are loads of other gemstones they could use, but since they would be of less value and rarity, I doubt they would use them.

I'm betting they will come up with an entirely new concept like colours for the first ggeneration.

How about Yin Yang to represent opposites such as good/evil, male/female etc.?

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
The following is my obligitory fanboy freak-out at the first official pokemon of the new generation:

"ZomgZomgZomgZomg AIIIEEEHHHH YAY ZORUA & ZOROARK FTW ZOMG WOOHOO!!!1111one"

Ahem. This has been my obligitory fanboy freak-out at the first official pokemon of the new generation.

Seriously though, I'm exicted. This is so awesome... Can't wait for more info! :D

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Zoroaaku will be altered in the English version. 'Aku' points to evil. I think the English name will contain parts that hint to this, like 'mal-', 'evil'...

Yes but remmeber that his name is from Dark and not from aku, because his name is アーク aaku and not アク aku.

Last edited:

Elgnit

Ah, the first 5th gen reveal. Such a savored, long sought-after moment. :}

I'm definately digging Zoroark, and can't wait to get more info next month. The only thing that bugs me is the feeling we should've got some sort of info on the upcoming games. More sillouettes, version names, a single screenshot, anything!

Oh well, next month I guess. :/