• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Agosta44

Exactly my thought;) Why removing it? It makes the character^^

because it looks like the joker

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

There's already been some talk about Kitsune in this thread. Ninetales is actually probably already a kitsune Pokemon, so I wonder if they'll mention Zoroark's similarities at all? Also, there are stories of evil kitsune possessing people or turning into them. So the "Bad Ash" (or "Bash") that Ash meets is more than likely Zoroark.

BTW, I am OUTRAGEOUSLY excited over this!!! AKLADFHSDOFHGLBNSILFHSGH!!!!!!!

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
Yes but remmeber that his name is from Dark and not from aku, because his name is アーク aaku and not アク aku.
I hadn't seen the name written in katakana, just in Latin script Japanese, back on a Croatian Pokemon site. That made me think that 'evil' was in question, as an addition to the name of the pre-evo.

HookShot

Shiny get!
Awesome stuff. I like Zorua, but for some reason, it totally freaks me out. I don't know why. I'm lovin Zoroark though. The color scheme is really nice and the werewolf touch is great. And as said above, Zoroark's cheek-mark-things totally make it look like the Joker.

Can't wait for more!

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
I kind of like the "Joker marks". I think I might call mine Yso Sirius, continuing my tradition of punny nicknames for my Pokemon.

travis174

What Flygon?
it clouldn't be a starter because it only showed one evolution. all starters have (and hopefully always will have) two evolutions, so no it can't be a starter. plus why would they break the tradition of grass-fire-water? it just doesn't make sense. but it still isn't a bad theory :)

poke master gunther

WaterPokemonTrainer
Now that i think about it this is the first time they ever released 2 generations on the same system
but who cares about that Zorark loks awesome

omfg I love this new pokemon >> They chose a good pokemon for the first reveal, although I am not too fond of the starter but cc. Ahaha I hope the rest of the 5th Gen pokemon are as good as this and that it doesn't go down hill from here like with gen 4 >>

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
Zoroark looks awsome. I doubt they would do anything to alter it in the US. I am sure it will stay the same. This looks like an awsome pokemon. Cant wait to see some more new ones. They did a good job starting off the 5th gen with this reveal.

FocusPresenceEndurance

Aspiring Author
I just say this is very exciting!

I really had no idea what this Pokemon would look like. But I am very satisfied with what it turned out to be. The pre-evo also looks really cute! ^.^

Now what we need to do is wait to see its abilities. A shape shifting Pokemon? Well I think I know what its abilities will be in the movie, but I wonder what its abilities will be for gameplay. They said they were going to change Pokemon a great deal for this generation didn't they? I wonder what they have in store for us. Of course looking at pictures of the Pokemon won't get us any answers for that. We'll have to wait a bit longer for gameplay news.

Also the fact that the final evo can be quadrupedal and bipedal is pretty cool too. I'm guessing it will be on two logs for standing and walking. And that it will go on all fours for running. Irrelevant I know, but I felt it was worth mentioning.

Yes I am very satisfied. I like this much better than the Mightyena idea I shared with many people. =)

Saph

Rapscallion
They don't have to relate to each other.
Gold is more valuble and rare than silver.
That's true, but people equate Gold with Silver. They are the first 'precious metals' people think of.
Rubies are just red sapphires, they're from the same group of mineral but only the red ones are called rubies, the rest are called sapphires.
Ruby and Sapphire were chosen to emulate Red and Blue from the 1st Gen.
Diamonds follow the same as rubies and sapphires and emeralds, in the fact they are one of the four most precious stones. Diamonds are the "hardest" though.
Pearls? They're not even gemstones, but some are considered to be if they're of high quality.
Well Diamonds are formed by pressure in intense heat in the ground, while Pearls are formed by pressure in the ocean (clams). So they have that whole fire/water duality going on.
There are loads of other gemstones they could use, but since they would be of less value and rarity, I doubt they would use them.

I'm betting they will come up with an entirely new concept like colours for the first ggeneration.

How about Yin Yang to represent opposites such as good/evil, male/female etc.?
I always thought Sun and Moon was an obvious choice.

travis174

What Flygon?
it is possible that Nintendo might make a new handheld system before the release of the games, possibly over the summer. but if not that's fine with me, they DS is one of their best systems in my opinion

D

Deleted member 133172

it is possible that Nintendo might make a new handheld system before the release of the games, possibly over the summer. but if not that's fine with me, they DS is one of their best systems in my opinion

I hope not >.<

travis174

What Flygon?

Zalman

Master of Puppets
omfg I love this new pokemon >> They chose a good pokemon for the first reveal, although I am not too fond of the starter but cc. Ahaha I hope the rest of the 5th Gen pokemon are as good as this and that it doesn't go down hill from here like with gen 4 >>
Well, Lucario was a good first reveal too (not counting (pre-)evolutions). But I do agree that a lot of Pokémon from generation 4 were weird, such as Kricketune, Wormadam and Cherrim, however it had a lot of awesome ones too, like Staraptor, Garchomp and Luxray.

Can't wait to see the starters for this new generation.

Gentleman Skeleton

While I'm not disappointed with the revelation of Zoroark, I think it could have been so much more. They could have at least tossed in the Fighting or Psychic Type to make it unique.