• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Why is everyone saying that this Pokemon has to evolve in some complicated way? Whatever happened to good ol' leveling up?

Also, I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet (I haven't looked through every single page since the leak): Zoroastrianism was the first religion with two definite forces of good and evil.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Haha, the little one's (Zorua) fluffy neck makes it look like Eevee's evil cousin.
Seriously, Zoroark looks all right, but better on two legs than on four.
Is it too early to wonder what its shiny colors will be? Maybe silver or orangish-brown.

tada

Beginning Trainer
no more fury,i want more hard shell.gimme more crabs,crayfish and beetle!

halloweenghost

Why is everyone saying that this Pokemon has to evolve in some complicated way? Whatever happened to good ol' leveling up?

Also, I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet (I haven't looked through every single page since the leak): Zoroastrianism was the first religion with two definite forces of good and evil.

The CoroCoro page also mentions that a new method of evolution may be involved for evolving Zorua into Zoroark. The page asks, "Could we see a new method of evolution!?"

Klever

Blaze Trainer
i have convinced myself he will be dark fire based on the lucario opposite part. dark<fighting and fire>steel, equally powerful going by just the typing(which is all we have) and i hope to god it's not female specific. Zoroark would be a sad woman...

Last edited:
So Sugimori needs to decide whether their eyes are blue or green! I personally like the green eyes better.

What? The anime producers always make their colour schemes slightly different from the Sugimori artwork. The anime art has blue eyes, but the Sugimori art has blue-green eyes.

Toxicroak is a good example of that.

Sunsurge

.:Judgement:.
Kay. Here's my take on everything. Can I just say "I told you so." To ALL the Lucario idiots...and an even bigger, "WTF?!" to all the people who STILL haven't let go and are now claiming that SOMEHOW...it will be related. XD

I would also like to point out, that all the people being all, "HAH! I knew it wasn't Mightyena! You people were WRONG with your plastic bag theories." Were also the ones rooting on Lucario.

Disclaimer: I'm not necessarily dissing people on this forum, but if you want to take offense to what I just said, I honestly couldn't care less.

I am...exceedingly happy it's a new pokemon like I hoped/wanted/originally thought. Haha. I got home from school, about to go on this thread, from the sheer, lol about how stupid some people are, and how people are all easily offended by everything. (Seriously...it's FUN to lurk this thread)

But first I was on Pokebeach and I was like, "OMG! NEW POKEMON!!! YAY!" Then I was like, "Ewww!" Haha. Cause the scans made it look ugly. Then I enlarged them, and I was like, "Hmmm...not the best, but not the worst. They're okay." Hmm. Idk. I thought 'joker' when I saw the lips which made me frown. And the color scheme made me cringe. The idea was amazing, and I liked everything else, except the face/color scheme. Then I saw the pre-evo and I shook my head. It looked like an ugly evil fox/cat thingy. And like a girl. Haha. That fact made me laugh.

After seeing it more, and more, I'm not sure it's grown on me, but it hasn't gotten worse either. The faces don't bother me, (and to me they look like Pokemon at least) but the color scheme of the evolved one still makes me shudder. I want to see it in the movie/in the game though, because some of the official art doesn't make a pokemon look as good as it can. OH! Almost forgot. SOO happy it's just a dark type. I hope they give it some cool new moves/an amazing ability.

On the new evolution method, I can't see anything new being added. Unless you have to surf to a certain point in the water, at night, for it to evolve. LOL. J/k Or maybe it just has to hate you. XD I'm not sure. I can't wait to find out though.

Coach

Speculator
I clearly says it's just a plain Dark type. Unless they're holding out on us. I'd love to see it be Dark/Fighting though.

Red

Not the color
Wow.. just wow, that's a shocker, TWO new Pokemon releaved today.

Anyways, is it just me or am I the only one who thinks it seems like a big gap between evolutions? I personally think there's more than meets the eye here, seriously.. I know we have Magikarp and Gyrados, but I think there should be a mid-evolution here.

Last edited:

RickHoenn

Banned
OMG! so excited about this, these Pokemon looks really nice! <333

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
Wow.. just wow, that's a shocker, TWO new Pokemon releaved today.

Anyways, is it just me or am I the only one who thinks it seems like a big gap between evolutions? I personally think there's more than meets the eye here, seriously.. I know we have Magikarp and Gyrados, but I think there should be a mid-evolution here.

I thought that too but then I remembered Remoraid and Octillary.

Red

Not the color
I thought that too but then I remembered Remoraid and Octillary.

Very true, not to mention Feebas and Milotic. I guess it seems rather weird, but some things in the Poke-universe I guess make no sense whatsoever. Not that they're suppose to or anything..