• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon Discussion/Speculation Thread

JigglesV

i donno...am i the only one who likes that one fan art better? we all know that one, with new pokemon seems a bit girly...for lack of a better term...

looks like itll go down like pokemon like flareon...skitty(and his evolved form) and like pinsir/kingler etc etc.....looks cool, sucks back.....

Coach

Speculator
Pokebeach has some new information about the new Pokemon

So Gen V will have a way of evolving Pokemon we have never seen before.

I'm glad we'll be seeing some new evolution methods, maybe now they won't force people to trade Pokemon just to evolve 'em. I hope they don't screw up the old methods though.

Every generation has a new way of evolution, no?
1st Gen: Leveling up, trading, elemental stones.

2nd Gen: Leveling up with happiness (with some depending on time of day), trading with item.

3rd Gen: In the sole case of Shedinja, evolving a Nincada with an empty slot in your party. Edit: And Feebas evolving into Milotic based on its Beauty.

4th Gen: Leveling up near certain places, leveling up while learning certain moves, and in the sole case of Mantyke, leveling up with a Remoraid in your party.

So, technically, not-so-much for 3rd Gen. Correct me if I'm wrong or missed anything.

Last edited:

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Hmm these are pretty cool. Nice to see some more Dark Types. Maybe we'll get a Dark gym? (hooray).

I still have to get used to them. Took me a while to get used to some of the D/P stuff when i first saw them. Drapion for example.

-;248;

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Gen 3 had Milotic evolve from Feebas based on beauty . . .
I hope they don't have Zorua become Zoroark (sp?) through a Pokethalon stat or something too gimmicky.
Since both of them are supposed to show up in the movie, maybe the evolution method will be shown then.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
1st Gen: Leveling up, trading, elemental stones.

2nd Gen: Leveling up with happiness (with some depending on time of day), trading with item.

3rd Gen: In the sole case of Shedinja, evolving a Nincada with an empty slot in your party.

4th Gen: Leveling up near certain places, leveling up while learning certain moves, and in the sole case of Mantyke, leveling up with a Remoraid in your party.

So, technically, not-so-much for 3rd Gen. Correct me if I'm wrong or missed anything.

I think you got all of it; however, the point is that every generation has brought a new method of evolution, she the 5th gen introducing a new one is only natural.

Gen 3 had Milotic evolve from Feebas based on beauty . . .
I hope they don't have Zorua become Zoroark (sp?) through a Pokethalon stat or something too gimmicky.
Since both of them are supposed to show up in the movie, maybe the evolution method will be shown then.
Oh, right, I forgot about that!

And aren't the Pokethlon stats fixed? Edit: Nope, they're not.

Last edited:

xFake

Banned
Who knows what they'll do. Everytime you think you got pokemon figured out they throw a curveball at you, and I do mean the actual pokemon, not the show. Cause, they do desperately need a change in things.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Maybe "level up after battling a type you're weak against" would make a good new method?
The bipedal form looks cooler, but the quadruped is growing on me.
Still think the little one looks like Eevee's evil cousin, but that's not a bad thing.

superkal388

Kanto SuperTrainer
@ the exorcist comments

oh god *is reminded of the girl from the grudge* now my infinite love for these new pokemon is multiplied by another infinity ^.^

Alder

Come at me bro
I...hate to say I'm disappointed. It's pure Dark. While we've only ever had one evolving pure Dark line, Umbreon barred, and I suppose we could use one, I was looking forward to a fighting type. I don't like its face either, it looks...phony. Just phony.

I love the littl eone, but its face also looks iffy.

Duality Ninja

LOLWUT IM PR0ZORZ
The thing I'm curious about is the whole eye color conundrum (SEE POKEBEACH). Maybe it's a gender thing? I really hope these "new methods" aren't a 2 player method. I mean, like trading. It's hard wanting pokemon but no one around you plays. THIS IS WHY I CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS. Also, seeing the relation to Celebi will make it worth watching the movie. I usually don't watch the movies, now I'm so pumped to see this pokemon in action!

I agree with you. I really hope they don't make any per-evos for a while. many a couple will be okay but that's it. i think they should hold off until the sixth generation to make more pre-evos and evolutions.
and i very seriously doubt this Zoroark will be a mascot for any Pokemon games since all the mascots so far have been legendaries besides Pikachu.

Venusaur
Charizard
Blastoise

I'm not saying it'll be the mascot. I'm just saying you're wrong.

captainstupid91

a.k.a. psp91
I think evolution during a certain hour of the day would be awesome. Like Zorua evolves into Zoroark at midnight or something. I think it'd be even cooler to have it evolve during a full moon. If only it were possible!

Coach

Speculator
I think evolution during a certain hour of the day would be awesome. Like Zorua evolves into Zoroark at midnight or something. I think it'd be even cooler to have it evolve during a full moon. If only it were possible!

You know, I thought about this very thing the other night. They could theoretically program in full moons, half moons, new moons, whatever. They keep track of it in real life. It's not like it's impossible.

Mystic Power

I don't think having a pokemon evolve once a month is a great idea, or an idea that would ever be used.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I don't think having a pokemon evolve once a month is a great idea, or an idea that would ever be used.

Well they could have in-game moon phases that would progress more quickly than in the real world, or were manipulatable or something.

Actually, that's a pretty cool idea.