• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon/Formes Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

johno1995

Alolan Forme potential?

Sentret (Ground) --> Furret (Ground/Electric)
* Sentret adapted to living underground due to the amount of predators that stalked them, hence their Ground-typing, whilst exposure to Alola's unique electromagnetic properties transformed Furret to part Electric-type

Hoothoot (Ice/Flying) --> Noctowl (Ice/Psychic)
* Snowy-owl based design. Has flight capabilities and Flying-type access, similar to Decidueye, but emphasizes its Psychic nature in its final form.

Hoppip (Fire/Flying) --> Skiploom (Fire/Flying) --> Jumpluff (Fire/Flying)
* I can just imagine fireball-based Pokemon instead of pollen based and it'd be pretty badass in my eyes. Naturally, these changes would be due to the intense heat in Alola.

Phanpy (Steel) --> Donphan (Steel/Water)
* Phanpy's hardened its body to protect itself from the wildlife of Alola, and upon evolution takes on more elephant-like qualities by hiding in water to stalk down prey and sprays water from its nose, perhaps earning moves like Water Pulse or Octozooka

Teddiursa (Fairy) --> Ursaring (Fairy/Dark)
* A cute little teddy bear turns even cuter; and its scary evolved form turns scarier. Perhaps based on like some sort of giant teddy bear that lures in prey with its cute looks only to surprise it with its dark tactics?

-

Outside of gen 2, I'd like to see other gens represented too. Not sure how likely that is, but I'd like to see at least a few from each gen represented here, if we do get new Alolan forms.

Exceed

o m e g a
If Necrozma's name partially originates from 'Project Ozma', then I could see it being used to potentially find, control or communicate with the Ultra Beasts.

Maybe when it is equipped to Solgaleo or Lunala, it allows them to do just that.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
tl;dr I think Necrozma is a sentient take on the Red Chain.

I hope they make non-Kanto Alolan forms.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
If this was an alt. universe Sun/Moon, then what if there weren't any Gen I Alolan formes, but instead Gen II Alolan formes?

Why can't we have both? I don't think many people will be happy to see the Gen I Alolan forms gone.

And speaking of Alolan forms, I don't see them do forms for Gen III-VI Pokémon, mostly because of GS VC.

shadowF

Something that I don't think has been mentioned is could there be the possibility that if we were to get new Alolan form Pokemon, they would be Pokemon that did not appear in Pokemon Sun and Moon? Such as we would not get an Alolan form Butterfree since we can capture it in the games in its normal form but we can get an Alolan form Rapidash since we cant find it in the original games in Alola at all.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I want an Alolan Ekans and Arbok, you can make them into Poison/Water types.

Some Alolan forms for Johto (and beyond) Pokemon would be nice, although I am not sure who all I would like to see

.Aerodactyl.

I was rewatching the direct and in the background you can see the plushies of the johto starters pretty clearly out of the Pokémon they chose. I really do wonder if there is gonna be some strong johto love...maybe they are systematically trying to bring love back to the older generations? We got ORAS for gen 3, Kanto pandering and now Johto???

Woodsman

I was rewatching the direct and in the background you can see the plushies of the johto starters pretty clearly out of the Pokémon they chose. I really do wonder if there is gonna be some strong johto love...maybe they are systematically trying to bring love back to the older generations? We got ORAS for gen 3, Kanto pandering and now Johto???

I thought that too, before realizing it was probably just some subtle foreshadowing for the GS VC release, since Lugia and Ho-oh are there too.

Doesn't mean I don't want Gen II love, of course, because I'm a biased Johto fanboy. I'm still salty about the Gen II starters being skipped over for Megas.

whirlcupwinner

Water Tye Gym Leader

I hope we are getting some Johto love, it's been long over due lol

I am personally hoping to get some Mega Evolutions for the Johto Starters, gotta have me a Mega Feraligatr!

.Aerodactyl.

I hope we are getting some Johto love, it's been long over due lol

I am personally hoping to get some Mega Evolutions for the Johto Starters, gotta have me a Mega Feraligatr!

I'd actually prefer Alolan forms over Megas for them, not gonna lie. It would be REALLY cool to see their lines get Pokémon with COMPLETELY different types. Maybe even a new backwards type triangle, like steel, fairy, fighting. You could have a fairy Chikorita that's super effective against a fighting type Cyndaquil who's super effective against a steel type Totodile :D the typings fit too! I could easily see feraligatr having a more metallic coat with razor teeth, Meganium getting flowers and a smidgen of pixie dust and half of our fire starters are fighters or wrestlers anyways, shouldn't be a stretch to just drop the fire part altogether and tack on some boxing gloves.

Last edited:
Personally I think it's time GF showed Johto some love. People forget that in Gen III there was a good length of time where a sizable amount of the dex just couldn't be caught. That said I would like to see the Johto starters get Alola forms that swap around their dominant types. It would be unique and a new way to show love for these guys that get forgot about a lot of the time. I think it should go:

Totodile: Grass
Chikorita: Fire
Cyndaquil: Water

Despite some name origin issues (which SANDshrew being ice type and not being renamed shows they don't care) the designs could be changed pretty easily to accommodate these changes.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Personally I think it's time GF showed Johto some love. People forget that in Gen III there was a good length of time where a sizable amount of the dex just couldn't be caught. That said I would like to see the Johto starters get Alola forms that swap around their dominant types. It would be unique and a new way to show love for these guys that get forgot about a lot of the time. I think it should go:

Totodile: Grass
Chikorita: Fire
Cyndaquil: Water

Despite some name origin issues (which SANDshrew being ice type and not being renamed shows they don't care) the designs could be changed pretty easily to accommodate these changes.

Johto definitely needs some appreciation. Any other Gen but Kanto, really.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I'd actually prefer Alolan forms over Megas for them, not gonna lie. It would be REALLY cool to see their lines get Pokémon with COMPLETELY different types. Maybe even a new backwards type triangle, like steel, fairy, fighting. You could have a fairy Chikorita that's super effective against a fighting type Cyndaquil who's super effective against a steel type Totodile :D the typings fit too! I could easily see feraligatr having a more metallic coat with razor teeth, Meganium getting flowers and a smidgen of pixie dust and half of our fire starters are fighters or wrestlers anyways, shouldn't be a stretch to just drop the fire part altogether and tack on some boxing gloves.

I would love variants, ONLY because they were the only gen to have all single typed starters. I guess there should be at least one gen like that, but it'd be nice if they had variants also. Idk if I'd want a whole type change up or just a type added in though. It'd be awesome if they made the chikorita line dragon/fairy, cyndaquil line could be ghost/psychic, and totodile could be fighting/dark :p lol (wishful thinking I guess) but it'd be all the mystical types woo

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
An Alola Hoppip line would be nice, I've seen some one else post about that.

I'd prefer NOT to have another Fire/Fighting starter, tyvm. Perhaps Alolan Typhlosion could be Fire/Steel, and consist of molten metal like Heatran, and Alolan Feraligatr could be Water/Fighting with access to Close Combat. We have so few Water/Fighting types, and the one good one we have is a Mythical. Altho I suppose it wouldn't be a "backwards" type match-up, then, but if it spares us from having another Fire/Fighting starter, I'm all for it.

On the subject of new MEs, I sincerely doubt that we'll get any in USUM. If the original SM didn't give us any, why would the sequels do so? Maybe we'll have more Mega Stones available to us for existing MEs, tho, and hopefully they won't be locked behind the Battle Tree this time.

.Aerodactyl.

I'd prefer NOT to have another Fire/Fighting starter, tyvm. Perhaps Alolan Typhlosion could be Fire/Steel, and consist of molten metal like Heatran, and Alolan Feraligatr could be Water/Fighting with access to Close Combat. We have so few Water/Fighting types, and the one good one we have is a Mythical. Altho I suppose it wouldn't be a "backwards" type match-up, then, but if it spares us from having another Fire/Fighting starter, I'm all for it.

Oh, I'd want them to drop their primary typing all together, that's my point! So it would be a mono steel type Feraligatr, mono fairy type Meganium and mono fighting type Typhlosion. Trust me, I'm DONE with fire/fighting starters. I was also joking about the boxing gloves, I don't actually want that, just poking fun at how much GF loves fighting starters. In reality, I think a Fighting-type typlosion could be a great opportunity to try the typing on a more-beast like Pokémon rather than a humanoid one. I'd really love to see them get creative with the design on something like that. I realize a type reliant on punching and kicking need that sort of humanoid-base, but typlosion could be a great compromise to that. I'm a fan of Alolan forms that totally flip a Pokémons typing to something new rather then just tacking on another type. I still like them, but they feel more like a split evo, where as newly typed alolan forms feel like a whole new Pokémon.

The Johto starters had a theme of purity and I personally feel it would be a disservice to them to add a secondary type or to make an Alolan form dual typed also. Just my feelings, but I respect if others disagree. :)

Last edited:

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Oh, I'd want them to drop their primary typing all together, that's my point! So it would be a mono steel type Feraligatr, mono fairy type Meganium and mono fighting type Typhlosion. Trust me, I'm DONE with fire/fighting starters. I was also joking about the boxing gloves, I don't actually want that, just poking fun at how much GF loves fighting starters. In reality, I think a Fighting-type typlosion could be a great opportunity to try the typing on a more-beast like Pokémon rather than a humanoid one. I'd really love to see them get creative with the design on something like that. I realize a type reliant on punching and kicking need that sort of humanoid-base, but typlosion could be a great compromise to that. I'm a fan of Alolan forms that totally flip a Pokémons typing to something new rather then just tacking on another type. I still like them, but they feel more like a split evo, where as newly typed alolan forms feel like a whole new Pokémon.

The Johto starters had a theme of purity and I personally feel it would be a disservice to them to add a secondary type or to make an Alolan form dual typed also. Just my feelings, but I respect if others disagree. :)

I do think they need more beast like Fighting types. Keeping the Johto starters one type is all right for me.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Alolan Forme potential?

Sentret (Ground) --> Furret (Ground/Electric)
* Sentret adapted to living underground due to the amount of predators that stalked them, hence their Ground-typing, whilst exposure to Alola's unique electromagnetic properties transformed Furret to part Electric-type

Hoothoot (Ice/Flying) --> Noctowl (Ice/Psychic)
* Snowy-owl based design. Has flight capabilities and Flying-type access, similar to Decidueye, but emphasizes its Psychic nature in its final form.

Hoppip (Fire/Flying) --> Skiploom (Fire/Flying) --> Jumpluff (Fire/Flying)
* I can just imagine fireball-based Pokemon instead of pollen based and it'd be pretty badass in my eyes. Naturally, these changes would be due to the intense heat in Alola.

Phanpy (Steel) --> Donphan (Steel/Water)
* Phanpy's hardened its body to protect itself from the wildlife of Alola, and upon evolution takes on more elephant-like qualities by hiding in water to stalk down prey and sprays water from its nose, perhaps earning moves like Water Pulse or Octozooka

Teddiursa (Fairy) --> Ursaring (Fairy/Dark)
* A cute little teddy bear turns even cuter; and its scary evolved form turns scarier. Perhaps based on like some sort of giant teddy bear that lures in prey with its cute looks only to surprise it with its dark tactics?

-

Outside of gen 2, I'd like to see other gens represented too. Not sure how likely that is, but I'd like to see at least a few from each gen represented here, if we do get new Alolan forms.

These all sound amazing.

But, and I know it isn't johto, but WHY isn't there an Alola Tropius? It makes SO much sense! Grass/Dragon (though that would be mimicing Alola Exeggutor).

Also, I really hope we get a new form for Guzzlord

Thure

Yes it would be Steel>Fairy>Fighting>Steel... But there would be a problem with this. It wouldn't work backwards: Fighting is not very effective against Fairy. Fairy is not very effective against Steel. Steel is normal effective against Fighting. You see the problem?

Akashin

Yes it would be Steel>Fairy>Fighting>Steel... But there would be a problem with this. It wouldn't work backwards: Fighting is not very effective against Fairy. Fairy is not very effective against Steel. Steel is normal effective against Fighting. You see the problem?

It's no bigger a problem than the fact that every single Water Starter can learn Ice Beam as it is, upending that balance regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.