• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon/Formes Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Given that the original Gold and Silver versions are coming to the 3DS, anyone expecting Johto Alolan forms?

Its possible, I was really annoyed that they were all gen 1 pokemon. Too much pandering to genwunners. There are a few low-tier mons that could really do with an alolan form, so I 'd love to see Ariados or Lanturn get another shot.

At the very least we'll get more HA pokemon from gen 2. Except they made the Hamsters' abilities all inner focus, so no water absorb suicune. And Celebi doesn't have one. So its basically just Lugia's and Ho-oh's that will be easier to get.

Baggie_Saiyan

ORAS we had new mega's so I guess we'll be getting new Z moves and Alola forms instead of straight up new Pokemon. Straight up new Pokemon would be interesting... Pokemon bucked the trends in Gen 5 so who knows what they'll do.

astarsas

At the end, when he flips the thing on his bracelet, the light that came out kind of reminded me of mega evolution... So here's hoping for it!!!

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
From what we've seen I THINK Necrozma is the husk/shell/spaceship/armor of "Nebby" used to travel through ultraspace that took on a sentient life. Kinda like Kyurem.

Aleh

«Last Hope»
I'm expecting new Megas triggered by the Z-Ring, as in the very last clip of the trailer we can see the character flipping the crystal sideways.
New Alolan forms too, as they also said these versions include Pokémon not present in Sun and Moon.

And instead of Necrozma changing forms like Kyurem, this time it'll be Solgaleo and Lunala. Also, the logos seem to imply some sort of Eclipse going on, which will probably tie in with the form change and the new story

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Its possible, I was really annoyed that they were all gen 1 pokemon. Too much pandering to genwunners. There are a few low-tier mons that could really do with an alolan form, so I 'd love to see Ariados or Lanturn get another shot.

At the very least we'll get more HA pokemon from gen 2. Except they made the Hamsters' abilities all inner focus, so no water absorb suicune. And Celebi doesn't have one. So its basically just Lugia's and Ho-oh's that will be easier to get.

Ariados yes. I just can't see Lanturn benefiting much from an Alola form. It has a great typing and ability, it just suffers because of lacking stats. Lanturn is one of those pokémon that actually needs a third form, like what they did with Togetic.

And yeah, HA Lugia and Ho-Oh are nice, just too bad that they're banned pretty much everywhere (like the Battle Spot), so they wouldn't see much use anyhow.

BCVM22

New Alolan forms too, as they also said these versions include Pokémon not present in Sun and Moon.

Which could (and probably does) refer to Necrozma-Solgaleo and Necrozma-Lunala. "New Pokémon" is a frequent placeholder in these contexts for "new formes," having been used to describe Black Kyurem, White Kyurem and Mega Mewtwo Y before we were privy to the exact natures of those transformations.

Again, collectively, not to say they can't introduce new Alolan formes, but it would raise the same problems as introducing completely new Pokémon.

Aleh

«Last Hope»
Which could (and probably does) refer to Necrozma-Solgaleo and Necrozma-Lunala. "New Pokémon" is a frequent placeholder in these contexts for "new formes," having been used to describe Black Kyurem, White Kyurem and Mega Mewtwo Y before we were privy to the exact natures of those transformations.

Again, collectively, not to say they can't introduce new Alolan formes, but it would raise the same problems as introducing completely new Pokémon.

At the end of the day it would still be like ORAS which added new megas incompatible with XY

diakyu

The new forms to me seem to b e a sort of eclipse version with Necrozma covering parts of their body. Perhaps Necrozma is trying to take control of the legendaries since we know it has a vicious disposition and it feeds off of light. Also interesting that both of the legendaries are in their Radiant Sun and Full moon formes.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
My Guesses for Necrozma+Solgaleo:

Stats:
137/157/107/107/89/79

Ability: Prism Armor

Type: Psychic/Steel

And for Necrozma+Lunala:

137/107/89/157/107/79

Ability: Prism Armor

Type: Psychic/Ghost.

BST total for both: 716.

Basically a reverse Kyurem. Speed stat comes from Necrozma(think of it as if they are zombified, and thus react slowly), like Kyurem forms which took Kyurem's higher Speed, and the highest offense is increased to highest possible level for the given species with the lowest offense is decreased to Necrozma's weakest offense, Attack. The rest is kept the same as the original base, as the Solgaleo/Lunala is the base, unlike Kyurem's case.

Edit:
At the end of the day it would still be like ORAS which added new megas incompatible with XY
Or like Platinum, which added new formes, and B2W2, which added new formes etc.

It is not ideal route, but with Necrozma assimilation we are already doing it, so who cares how far we go it.

Last edited:

shadowF

So I was wondering, Is everyone staying with the same starters they chose for Pokemon Sun and Moon? or are you thinking of getting a new starter? Maybe there will be different forms for these starters?

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
If we do get new Alola forms, I'm still hoping for Alola Shellos. It's always been listed as being different based on habitat and food, but we've never seen it be any different.

Perhaps other Alola Sinnoh forms, if they remake D/P. Alola Hippopotas being a Water type for example.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I now don't think that we'll have a Sinnoh remake. I think that they'll instead put the originals on the Switch's Virtual Console.

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
I mean new Pokémon could be found if the islands were expanded. Hawaii has eight Islands. Alola only has four.

BCVM22

It would not. Mega Evolutions are transformations of a given Pokémon and are triggered by a held item, which we know on both counts they can prevent from entering into the linked play rooms. Alolan formes are distinct from that in every way.

I now don't think that we'll have a Sinnoh remake. I think that they'll instead put the originals on the Switch's Virtual Console.

I don't think any of those elements are linked at all or have any bearing on one another.

Dragon Pulse

So I was wondering, Is everyone staying with the same starters they chose for Pokemon Sun and Moon? or are you thinking of getting a new starter? Maybe there will be different forms for these starters?

I don't find it fun we have to use the same starters again when everyone has (mostly) used all three starters at some point already. That's what bummed me with B2W2 since we had to use either Snivy, Oshawott or Tepig again. I'll be fine with using them again if they get new forms for the final evolutions. That'll make me excited! If not, I'll just use Popplio this time.

Last edited:

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Ariados yes. I just can't see Lanturn benefiting much from an Alola form. It has a great typing and ability, it just suffers because of lacking stats. Lanturn is one of those pokémon that actually needs a third form, like what they did with Togetic.

Alolan pokemon benefit from changes to abilities and redistributed stats as well as typing though. Like Persian. I'm not sure its likely to happen in this gen anyway though.

Also, everything that gets toxic is getting curse and loads of pokemon get zap cannon by TM in Gen II. So in battles where transferred mons are allowed, that could help a few pokemon out competitively, they'll be allowed on Showdown at least.

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer

I'm sticking with Rowlet.

Orphalesion

I'd even say "New Pokemon not present in Sun and Moon" could just refer to an expanded Alola dex including more Pokemon from the previous generations that weren't present in Sun and Moon.

I'm also rather pessimistic about new Alolan Forms, I'm still hoping for it. If there's nothing new expect for the new Formes of Solgaleo/Lunala and a few story elements I doubt I will buy it.

Even at the most optimistic I'm expecting 5 new Alolan forms. It woudl be cool if they were given to Johto Pokemon. or maybe Kanto Pokemon with a Johto Evolution. Would be pretty exited for an Alolan Bellossom or Horsea.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!

I'll be replacing my starter with 6 IV bred and EV trained Pokemon like I do with every new game in a generation after the first one. Not 100% sure on what I'll take yet but I'll be taking the starter that will give my rival the Pokemon with the advantage against mine to make it more challenging.

Status
Not open for further replies.