• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon/Formes Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rio!

Composer
Not gonna lie, Eclipse Sol/Luna sounds like awesome names I think I'm going to call them that until the official names are revealed. ;P
I had forgotten that tidbit concerning how it might have arrived in ancient times, and was underground until recently.

Vivian

I think they will say that necrozma is what was left for solgaleo and lunala be ultra beasts.Maybe after the fusion, they will get beast boost.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I love the design. I'm still hoping that Necrozma gets that dragon formed rumored, and not just corrupted Solgaleo and Lunala forms.

Also, I wonder how this will impact them. I doubt a new typing, but moves? Abilities? Stats?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'm excited for these new games cuz I was getting kind of bored with the original Sun and Moon, although I dunno if I like Lunala and Solgaleo's new Necrozma armor. It just looks strange to me at first glance, but at least now Necrozma's getting more attention and apparently a major role in the plot.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Lunala actually looks cool now, I dislike the normal forme cause it just looks so dull.... almost like a lame version of Noivern, a Pokemon I love. I just love it's color scheme too, it looks like an Ice type but watch as it isn't even an Ice type. lol
Solgaleo looks even better than before now, his Necrozma piece reminds me of Batman.

I really hope non-Kanto Pokemon get Alolan formes this time. 20th anniversary passed, no more please. I wanna see some Johto love, or Sinnoh. I'd make an exception for an Alolan Growlithe, but I really don't want more Alolan Kanto Pokemon.
And I really really really hope we get some new Megas. Flygon is the ONLY Hoenn Dragon without one, it's the most requested Mega.... let it happen.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
This is amusing.

I preferred Solgaleo over Lunala, but I think I prefer Ultra Lunala over Ultra Solgaleo. :D

My thoughts too. The blue pretty much sold it for me.

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
Didn't Sina/Dexio say they had no idea why Zygarde appeared in Alola. Could this be the reason? To stop Necrozma from controlling the legends of Alola. Or maybe the Ultra Beasts are causing disorder in the ecosystem. O_O
I'd be satisfied either way if it were the case.

Rio!

Composer
Didn't Sina/Dexio say they had no idea why Zygarde appeared in Alola. Could this be the reason? To stop Necrozma from controlling the legends of Alola. Or maybe the Ultra Beasts are causing disorder in the ecosystem. O_O
I'd be satisfied either way if it were the case.
That would be nice, it was irksome how Zygarde popos up with no explanation otherwise.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I honestly love the new formes and don't get the hate. Even more so than the janky Kyurems. I chose Moon for Lunala but I think I'm going with Ultra Sun because of Solgaleo-Necrozma's minimalist approach.

I will say this though: I wouldn't be surprised if these 'formes' are usable in battle. I have a bad feeling they could only be bosses.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I like the new forms, they do look really cool, but I am sad as this seems to rule out the possibility of a new Necrozma form. Not only that, but it also means that if I want to use Necrozma on my team, that means I can't use one of these new forms. It's an interesting concept, but I think I would have rather just seen Necrozma get a new form or two instead.

Exsception

Born Completionist
I honestly love the new formes and don't get the hate. Even more so than the janky Kyurems. I chose Moon for Lunala but I think I'm going with Ultra Sun because of Solgaleo-Necrozma's minimalist approach.

I will say this though: I wouldn't be surprised if these 'formes' are usable in battle. I have a bad feeling they could only be bosses.

That would be a huge first for the series if they created a Pokemon that can be fought, but not used. (I guess you could file Totem Pokemon under that category, but I don't consider them "new" Pokemon.) I'm confident that they'll be usable. I'm not exactly sure how that would work if Necrozma is indeed "possessing" them, but GF will make it work somehow.

Sulfurian

It's interesting to note that, in BW2 Kyurem essentially "owned" the other dragons due to them adding their power to it's body, sometimes by force. Is the armor like a parasite, a way to unlock their dormant power, or are the two Pokemon joining together to defend the region from the forces of the Ultra Beasts, that normally the two wouldn't be able to handle on their own?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
My best theory is that Necrozma is a power amplifier, created in order to power the Cosmog line. If it gets a form of its own, maybe the energy from merging with one makes it Solar or Lunar Necrozma

Rio!

Composer
That would be a huge first for the series if they created a Pokemon that can be fought, but not used. (I guess you could file Totem Pokemon under that category, but I don't consider them "new" Pokemon.) I'm confident that they'll be usable. I'm not exactly sure how that would work if Necrozma is indeed "possessing" them, but GF will make it work somehow.

In the last few seconds of the video, there is the protag that appears to have some sort of mod to their bracelet, so that's a pretty distinctive possibility.

TheEliteEmpoleon

My best theory is that Necrozma is a power amplifier, created in order to power the Cosmog line.

I actually really like this theory. Maybe created by some ancient people in a order to power the legendaries, or even control them? The star marking on its back leads me to believe that if it wasn't made by humans, it was at least tampered with/modified by humans.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I like the new forms, they do look really cool, but I am sad as this seems to rule out the possibility of a new Necrozma form. Not only that, but it also means that if I want to use Necrozma on my team, that means I can't use one of these new forms. It's an interesting concept, but I think I would have rather just seen Necrozma get a new form or two instead.

These are my thoughts. I wanted Necrozma to get that Dragon form that was speculated. I wanted it to get some form of an upgrade.

But with that said, I LOVE the designs for Ultra Solgaleo and Ultra Lunala. The black goes so well with the colors on both.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Since one of the big new additions to SM was regional variations I'll be shock if they didn't introduce new ones in USM. However I'm not sure will see one outside of Gen 1 since they still have plenty of to choose from that batch.

BCVM22

Since one of the big new additions to SM was regional variations I'll be shock if they didn't introduce new ones in USM.

But again, they'd be running into the same issue that would arise if they introduced completely new Pokémon.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
But again, they'd be running into the same issue that would arise if they introduced completely new Pokémon.

I think they could make them incompatible with old Sun/Moon, similar to how they treated new mega evolutions in ORAS and Primal Groudon and Kyogre. It wouldn't be ideal but it's possible. They definitely can ban certain regional variants from places, heck, the Alola Dex competitions ban the Kanto forms of the regional variants.

Status
Not open for further replies.