• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon/Formes Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
The updated map didn't have any new islands.
There is a cloud on the bottom left though (not as covered as the original). It may contain something... or not.

There's a possibility of an island purposefully not shown on the map, just like the Sevii Islands or West Johto extension when the map was initially revealed.

At first glance looking at the new map of the Alola region some people would say that since we don't see a new island on it, it means that there won't be any new islands, however it is important to note that on closer examination of the map there is a relatively large cloud covering up the area south or south east of Poni Island and south east of Exeggutor Island, so while it's possible that cloud could be nothing, it is also possible that cloud could be covering up a new island.

Yeah there are barely any changes on the new map at first glance. The cloud-covered area could be a post-game secret place where it might contain "undiscovered" Pokemon, if more new ones really are introduced. That reminds me of the islands that pop up randomly in ORAS

One of the reasons I don't think Burst is a Fairy type is because it is rivaling the Tapus, and I feel like being a Fairy alongside them would be weird.

I agree, a quartet of legendary Fairies is more than enough for a gen. Still hope that Burst is part Fire! I always wanted a Fire legend/UB in Alola

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
There's something I wanna bring up.
We still haven't seen the creature that resemble the Strange Souvenir.

JIRtTTj.png

SM's caption says, "An ornament depicting a mysterious Pokémon that has been venerated as a guardian deity for an extremely long time in the Alola region."

The only Pokemon that fall under the guardian deity status are the Tapus.
Are we to expect a 5th Tapu?

I'm still working under the same assumption that I have since all four Tapus were first revealed. It's probably meant to generically invoke the Tapus, without representing a specific one of them. The item is just a very small sprite with little definition, so a positive ID would be hard on it, even if we did have an exact match.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
There's going to be so many Donald Trump jokes with UB Assembly. I thought we had enough with Gumshoos but no

shadowF

UB Assembly reminds me of something that looks like it can come from Star wars. I can see it being used by Kylo Ren or Darth Vader.

While UB Burst looks like something the Joker would use.

Both of these Ultra Beasts look awesome and now I am undecided which version I want to get!

Thure

These 2 new Ultra Beasts and the worst designed Pokemon I've ever seen. It's finally official: They're running out of Ideas, or just incapable of reproducing the magic Pokemon once was

I like the wall and how every stonme has an eye on the other side. And how every stone has his own life. It's actually a awesome design in my opinion.

Way more creative than a Voltorb....

Orphalesion

Way more creative than a Voltorb....

To be fair everything is more creative than "Pokeball with Eyes" and "Three Angry Digletts standing next to each other(sometimes with 80s hair)" Those two really are the worst Pokemon designs in my opinion (Diglett itself is fine because I have fond memories of my mother thinking that it was one of those chocolate-covered marshmallow treats with a face and calling it cute because of that)

Personally I love Burst. With Assembly I have the only critique that it (just like Pheromosa) looks too much like a regular Pokemon, but I like it more now that you have pointed out the eye-thing.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
These 2 new Ultra Beasts and the worst designed Pokemon I've ever seen. It's finally official: They're running out of Ideas, or just incapable of reproducing the magic Pokemon once was

Oh look nostalgiarider spotted. Voltrob, Magnemite, Muk were also sh*t designs.

Anyway my speculation:
We will see 5 more UB's, 4 new Mega Evolutions and 5 new Alolan forms.
For Alolan forms: Jolteon, Vaporeon, Flareon, Jynx and Starmie
For Mega Evolution: Kingler,Butterfree, Nidoking and Nidoqueen.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
The new UBs are cool, hope this doesn't mean that we can't trade between SM & USUM on the GTS.

Since past Ultra beasts have mainly focused around beast boost boosting speed or an attack stat, i'd like these two to be defensive in nature. With both either sharing the Ghost or Rock typing. Plus both with same HP.

For UB Assembly I agree with it being a Rock/Ghost type.
Highest stat defence, always leading Beast Boost to boost it. Higher attack than sp. attack. Medium sp. defence and low speed.
Attacks like block, rock tomb, rock slide, heavy slam, wide guard

UB Burst (is it made of candy or fireworks?) If its candy then either Fairy/Ghost - Fairy/Rock (because Candy is hard?) - Ghost/Rock. Or if its a firework Ghost/Fire- Fire/Rock (because gun powder?) - Fire/Fairy
Highest stat sp. defence, always leading beast boost to boost it. Higher sp. attack than attack, Medium speed and low defence.
Attacks like explosion, overheat, memento, destiny bond

As for new forms, I can see them wanting to do something to make the starters interesting again. We have their Unreleased hidden abilities which would be great and a nice twist! However in terms of ultra Forms or branch evos I very much doubt it. They already have unique Z moves so I can see them getting Mega evolution's along with the Johto starters.

Last edited:

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
If I were predicting stats:

Assembly
Type: Rock/Ghost or Rock/Psychic (though this would mean it shares a rock type with Nihilego which is unprecedented)
Stats:
Hp: 83
Attack: 89
Defense: 211
Special Attack: 61
Special Defense: 113
Speed: 13
Total: 570

Something like this. Bulky but with decent HP to set it apart from say Toxapex

Burst
Type: Fairy/Fire or Psychic/Fire (though then it would share a fairy typing with the tapus which is weird)
Stats:
HP: 101
Attack: 71
Defense: 37
Special Attack: 163
Special Defense: 59
Speed: 139
Total: 570

Essentially fast with good special attack. It has to be differentiated from Pheromosa being a fast attacker, so I gave it high HP, and low attack. I wanted it to be different from Xuriktree by being frailer and faster. I can't picture it being bulky as it looks extremely frail (though I could possibly see it having decent special defense maybe), but ultimately, like others said, strong special attacker with great speed.

By doing their stat distribution like such, they are unique among the Ultra Beasts, as none of them are a true tank (looking at you Guzzlord), and none of them are a fast special attack sweeper (Pheromosa is mixed, Xurkitree requires a scarf to sweep).

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
To be fair everything is more creative than "Pokeball with Eyes" and "Three Angry Digletts standing next to each other(sometimes with 80s hair)" Those two really are the worst Pokemon designs in my opinion (Diglett itself is fine because I have fond memories of my mother thinking that it was one of those chocolate-covered marshmallow treats with a face and calling it cute because of that)

Personally I love Burst. With Assembly I have the only critique that it (just like Pheromosa) looks too much like a regular Pokemon, but I like it more now that you have pointed out the eye-thing.

Yeah, honestly the UBs are very creative for what they are and these two are no different. It's pretty clear that with them GF doesn't let their usual conventions for designing Pokémon hold them back and they just go crazy with them, thinking up strange and unique designs for each. I mean, before now I don't think we'd ever have had a design like a buff mosquito, a literal wall, a glass jellyfish and other such designs.

You can say a lot of thing about them, but uncreative is not one of them.

Rio!

Composer
Yeah, honestly the UBs are very creative for what they are and these two are no different. It's pretty clear that with them GF doesn't let their usual conventions for designing Pokémon hold them back and they just go crazy with them, thinking up strange and unique designs for each. I mean, before now I don't think we'd ever have had a design like a buff mosquito, a literal wall, a glass jellyfish and other such designs.

You can say a lot of thing about them, but uncreative is not one of them.

I 100% agree. I'd say the developers met their goal; there qas clearly an effort made to differentriate the UBs from your average pokemon, even the mascot/mythical legendaries.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I remember two things from an interview once. The UBs were purposely designed this way and they took great risks with them. I personally think it paid off; I adored the concept and they're some of my favourite Gen 7 Pokémon. I always keep hearing "They don't look like Pokémon", but that's the point. They're supposed to look weird and out of place, and I personally love the "out there" designs of them.

Speaking of...

I know I'm late to the party, but I never expected them to introduce completely, brand new Pokémon in the middle of a generation. That means this brings the total number on Gen 7 Pokémon to 83. This is absolutely huge and I think it may have an impact in the future. Since they've proved they can, I wonder if we'll get any more...

So the new Pokémon are version exclusive Ultra Beasts. I think they're very interesting and I'm eager to see what they can do. They're almost certainly going to have Beast Boost as the ability and a BST of 570 with prime numbers for the stats. I think Assembly has a very high chance of being a defensive 'mon because it's literally a wall and Burst looks like a special attacker to me. As for typings, I'm not too sure. It depends on if they're counterparts I feel; if they are, I think they will share at least one type, if not, then they will have different types. At least that's what I think, anyways.

R_N

There's something I wanna bring up.
We still haven't seen the creature that resemble the Strange Souvenir.

JIRtTTj.png

SM's caption says, "An ornament depicting a mysterious Pokémon that has been venerated as a guardian deity for an extremely long time in the Alola region."

The only Pokemon that fall under the guardian deity status are the Tapus.
Are we to expect a 5th Tapu?

I will say no, because of this dialog in the community center
That Strange Souvenir is made in the image of the guardian tapu who protect our islands. Some people hold onto them as amulets, hoping the iamge of the tapu will protect them.
In-universe it's almost certainly just meant to be a heavily genercized version of the tapu. The actual appearance doesn't mean much because it's meant to be any of them. You kind of see that elsewhere in Alola. Near the ruins, for example,
290px-Ruins_of_Life_SM.png

Out of universe, the souvenir was probably designed at ap oint when they knew they wanted hawaii as a basis and would likely have tiki pokemon, but hadn't comitted to any design. They probably didn't change it since it's so minor. See also: the guy talks about what would go on to be Alola mentioning having a "champion" (despite not having a league at all until *after* xy), and I think he's the one that talks about the waterfall that flows the other way?

They all assume the head of the "Guardian of Alola" z move, anyway.

Orphalesion

I always assumed the strange souvenir is representing a generic version of the Tapus when they use Guardian of Alola and become the head of that giant.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The fact there's new Pokemon raises question about what else will be introduced. Could this be why there weren't that many new Pokemon introduced? That they were planning on a .5 gen at last?

Ultra Burst looks like its made of candy. It also looks like a Fairy type

Dragon Pulse

Since the new UBs are basically and obviously new Pokémon, can we expect them to introduce any more that aren't UBs?

Also, I find it interesting Necrozma's new forms are called Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings, respectively. Could we expect there to be a Dawn Lycanroc with this case? I also really want them to give the starters' final evolutions new forms, Mega Evolutions, or something to make them interesting again since mostly everyone has used all three at some point and it'd seem repetitive to use one of them all over again.

Akashin

Since the new UBs are basically and obviously new Pokémon, can we expect them to introduce any more that aren't UBs?

Also, I find it interesting Necrozma's new forms are called Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings, respectively. Could we expect there to be a Dawn Lycanroc with this case? I also really want them to give the starters' final evolutions new forms, Mega Evolutions, or something to make them interesting again since mostly everyone has used all three at some point and it'd seem repetitive to use one of them all over again.

In the sense that these new UBs demolish the previous notion that they won't introduce new Pokemon mid-Generation, yes, but at the same time it's hard to see new Ultra Beasts in a game centered around them as evidence that they would add new ordinary Pokemon as well. It's less impossible than it used to be, but I wouldn't really bank on it at the moment.

As for a Dawn Lycanroc, I doubt it. Dusk Lycanroc already establishes more or less a middle ground between the two existing ones, so I can't really see what purpose there would be in a fourth form besides having one aligned with Dawn to parallel the one aligned with Dusk. To say nothing of the fact that they'd almost certainly go the exclusive route with them if there were two forms like that, but we know that Dusk Lycanroc is available in both games.

Status
Not open for further replies.