• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon/Formes Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
So the new trailer keeps talking about this light in Alola that Necrozma is trying to steal. What are everyone's guesses that the new "light" will look like? I also hope it is not banned and put in Uber or banned in the Battle Tree.

I think that this new "light" is referring to Solgaleo and Lunala, the metaphorical "sun and moon" that shed their light on Alola. Then again, the whole teaser does say "a new light shines on Alola", so I may be totally wrong.

wilmawong

I originally thought the only reason we could be going back to Alola so soon was to take advantage of the Alolan Forms idea and have new ones for different pokemon. While I am looking forward to these games I am disappointed that this doesn't seem to be the case, as it feels too close to release to have not revealed a single one (I hope I'm wrong). Seems like a missed opportunity to encourage more people to buy, and please the long-term fans.

Aetius

You know, the latest trailer makes me think that we may be getting a third form for Necrozma after all.
In fact, in that mysterious place, Necrozma seems to be gathering light surrounding it....
Could it be the trigger to attain its true form?
Just throwing some food for thought.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I love UB Adhesive and I need 100 right now

that is all

R_N

Now Adhesive is interesting. Since we see other UBs we know there's no replacing of them, but the 9 spots wouldn't leave room for Adhesive. And putting a pokemon you seemingly encounter probably several times after marshadow would be a bit fof.

I think it will actually go earlier in the alola dex and possibly be part of a line. You seem to encounter it early, so maybe it's your first contact with a UB and gets registered then.

future.newyorker

Now Adhesive is interesting. Since we see other UBs we know there's no replacing of them, but the 9 spots wouldn't leave room for Adhesive. And putting a pokemon you seemingly encounter probably several times after marshadow would be a bit fof.

I think it will actually go earlier in the alola dex and possibly be part of a line. You seem to encounter it early, so maybe it's your first contact with a UB and gets registered then.

I feel this is the most likely scenario, especially since we see the new team actually using UB's against you.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
As far as the Ultra Beasts go, the biggest surprise to me was learning that UB Burst is a Fire/Ghost type. I thought for sure it would at least partly a Psychic type due to its design being based on clowns & jesters.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
As far as the Ultra Beasts go, the biggest surprise to me was learning that UB Burst is a Fire/Ghost type. I thought for sure it would at least partly a Psychic type due to its design being based on clowns & jesters.

Yes it suprised me too as well. What does FIRE have to do with his look ? lol

Erron Black

The Outlaw

Agreed. It seems 'UB' doesn't necessarily mean 'Legendary status'. Plus, it might be a standard Pokemon we can encounter in Ultra Space.(At least I hope so, I REALLY want to use Adhesive on my playthrough team.)

Yes it suprised me too as well. What does FIRE have to do with his look ? lol

I think the fire type comes from it literally having an explosive head

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
UB-Adhesive has Venoshock and Acid.

UB-Assembly has Wide Guard.

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

Metagross=us

UB Burst= trailer

UB Burst's used Mind Blown on Metagross, it was super affective. XD the staff knew what they were doing

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Adhesive is so cute, hopefully we get to see more UB's.
Wow, did anyone guess correct typings for Burst and Assembly? I thought of Burst: Fire and Assembly as Rock.

R_N

Adhesive is so cute, hopefully we get to see more UB's.
Wow, did anyone guess correct typings for Burst and Assembly? I thought of Burst: Fire and Assembly as Rock.

Ghost & Fire were both floated around for Burst, and I'm sure someone merged the 2, but a lot of people thoguht it might turn into a unique type like Fire/Grass (it resembles a dandelion) or Ghost/Normal or something along those lines.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Am I the only one who thinks they should just stop with the UBs? Adhesive is adorable and I want it, but it's a UB... that's not very exciting in my opinion. It could have made such a cute poison mythical legendary pokemon. Wasted potential in my opinion.

Also such underwhelming typing for both other new UB's. Rock/Steel? and Fire/Ghost? Never seen those typings before..

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Adhesive is so cute, hopefully we get to see more UB's..

Adhesive appears to be the Type: Null for Recon Squad, so I doubt that there are more UBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.