• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon/Formes Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuoko

I wished they've shown us Pokemon without existing Totem Forms.
It makes me wonder if it's limited to Gumshoos, A-Raticate, Wishiwashi, Salazzle, Lurantis, Vikavolt, Mimikyu, and Kommo-o.

Don't forget A-Marowak.

Also it seems the JP trailer is suggesting Ribombee and Togedemaru are Totems as well for the Fairy and Electric Trials respectively.

I do have to wonder if these can be Banked, and I really hope there's a few more than these 10 or 11. Wishiwashi is also a curious one since there's nothing different about it compared to other Wishiwashi, aside from the aura boost.

EDIT: Adding up the amount of confirmed Pokemon/forms so far, we currently have...

1-2. Dusk Mane/Dawn Wings Necrozma
3. I Choose You Cap Pikachu
4. Dusk Lycanroc
5-7. UB Burst, UB Assembly, and UB Adhesive
8-10. Totem Gumshoos, Totem Lurantis, and Totem Salazzle

Last edited:

R_N

I'm so confused. The Rainbow Rocket leak confirmed new Alolan forms, but we've seen nothing yet. Maybe they're keeping the news for next week?

Or it's outdated information. See also: his first SM leak saying a crystals changed form including ash greninja. This was paired with other 100% correct information.

Kein

AKA Silktree
It doesn't matter if it's the same guy. The first one got the most things right, but he was still wrong about one thing.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
It's NOT the same guy... or have you any source for this?

It's the same guy, if you go to Bulbapedia's thread the Chinese leaker who first got posted mentioned through Cresselia stated that Ash-Greninja changed forms through the crystals, which turned out to be wrong. He also mentioned a couple other things that were dubious and questionable like the ride Pokémon bit.

The one you're probably thinking of (the Riddler) didn't mention anything about Z-Crystal forms, but even so the first being off proves that the leaks don't have to be 100% correct.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Lurantis being Sun exclusive, say what? Shouldn't Totem Marowak and Salazzle be exclusives to each other instead?

I'm also hoping Totem Mimikyu ain't a Moon exclusive.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I’d REALLY like now for there to be a Mega Meganium or Yanmega so that way I can say I’ve got a Totem sized Mega Mega Meganium or Mega Mega Yanmega, respectively. (Better have +1 stats)

Also, @ R_N

“Chinese leaker”, tee-hee.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Can't wait to control a massive Wihsiwashi. I loved that Pokemon already, but make it giant and it's just going to be amazing.

I wished they've shown us Pokemon without existing Totem Forms.
It makes me wonder if it's limited to Gumshoos, A-Raticate, Wishiwashi, Salazzle, Lurantis, Vikavolt, Mimikyu, and Kommo-o.

My guess is that this a fairly last-minute and/or quickly thrown together feature design purely as a way to re-use assets. The Totem Pokemon each have their own models, so Game Freak decided that players might enjoy controlling these over-sized Pokemon, so they might as well allow trainers to do so with the assets already made. If this is the case, that would mean no Pokemon other than Totem Pokemon get this treatment.

Also interesting that salazzle was shown since we know the new fire totem is alola marowak

By my logic above, it's likely because they already had the model for it, so it was included, regardless of whether its a Totem or not in these games.

Tuoko

Can't wait to control a massive Wihsiwashi. I loved that Pokemon already, but make it giant and it's just going to be amazing.

Totem Wishiwashi is the same size as regular Wishiwashi, though, so I wouldn't get my hopes up for it.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Totem Wishiwashi is the same size as regular Wishiwashi, though, so I wouldn't get my hopes up for it.

Is it really? Never knew that. Too bad. Was it just to big to begin with?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

DJStarstryker

I wonder if the Totem forms are breedable, and you'd get another Totem-sized one. That'd be nice, so we could trade for the other version-exclusive one easier. I feel the need to try to get them all for my all forms living dex.

Also, I wonder if the Totem forms will be Bankable.

Orphalesion

It's the same guy, if you go to Bulbapedia's thread the Chinese leaker who first got posted mentioned through Cresselia stated that Ash-Greninja changed forms through the crystals, which turned out to be wrong. He also mentioned a couple other things that were dubious and questionable like the ride Pokémon bit.

The one you're probably thinking of (the Riddler) didn't mention anything about Z-Crystal forms, but even so the first being off proves that the leaks don't have to be 100% correct.

Wasn't there speculation that he sprinkled some false info into his leaks so that he could pass them off as just good guesses if he ever ran into trouble with Nintendo? Not sure how credible/logical that idea is but it was floated around once the the errors in his leaks became apparent.

Also I find it spectacular how...enduring... some people are with their hopes/wishes/expectations for new Alolan forms:

One month to release, with 3 new Ultra Beasts and alternate forms for Necrozma and Lycanroc revealed, but new Alolan forms not even hinted at: There could still be new Alolan forms!

A fortnight to release, with the current "big news" being...Pokemon that are slightly bigger than usual (woooo -_-) and the return of the past villains for some sort of quest/storyline, but no hint at new Alolan Forms: There could still be new Alolan Forms!!!

Predictions:

The thing gets datamined, no traces of new Alolan forms are found: There could still be new Alolan Formz!1!!1

They have played through the entire game, including the post-game, filled the Pokedex and explored every little corner of USUM Alola, without discovering a single new Alolan form: There could still be new Alolo Fromz!!!2!11!

People are of course free to tell themselves that "GF wants to keep the new, amazing Alola forms a surprise" but evidence form past pre-release periods doesn't really back that mindset up. They'd at least reveal a couple for marketing purposes.

Now nothing, absolutely nothing, Pokemon-related would make me happier than being wrong about this, but it doesn't look very good right now.

DJStarstryker

I am a little surprised they didn't add more Alola forms myself. After all, that felt pretty plausible. They tend to add new forms in the middle of a generation. They've never added new Pokemon in the middle of a generation. But they've really flipped the script on us.

I do agree at this point that the possibility of new Alola forms feels extremely small though. It's not impossible, because the game isn't out yet and they never reveal 100% of secrets. However, Alola forms are something they would have in trailers. When they announced that this week there would be a big info dump, I was thinking that this would be the perfect time for an Alola form reveal. But since there wasn't any revealed, they probably don't exist.

R_N

Most importantly will the totem forms get new dex entries?????
Fun fact: the totems had place holder entries in the dex images. It was just a black box, but it was how we figured out who the totem pokemon were back when the demo was datamined.

It'd be fun if they, like, had beast boost or something. They're just novelty pokemon, so why not, right?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
The 'catchable totems' info skated right past me. That's a feature I'm super psyched about, kind of like N's Pokemon.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
With the next set of news dropping on November the 10th it seems very likely there will be no new Alolan forms. It will be interesting to see whether the Pokemon given by the Totem stickers is purely cosmetic or have minor stats boosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.