• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon/Formes Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

^ where it all began
I really really hate how Solgaleo looks like he has a little smiley face

Janovy

Banned
This is amusing.

I preferred Solgaleo over Lunala, but I think I prefer Ultra Lunala over Ultra Solgaleo. :D

Exsception

Born Completionist
If anything, I hope they fix the main character's sprite a little bit. I feel like during most scenes, whereas everybody else was showing emotion, the main character was just staring off with this stupid happy smile on his face; uncaring about the events going on around him like an interdimentional gateway being opened n front of his face. Feel Something! React! Emote, darn you!

You can already tell from the trailer that the protagonist still has that derpy face on during what looks like a cutscene. I don't think that there will be much of a graphical difference between S/M and US/UM, unfortunately.

Grey Wind

Necro-Lunala looks ridiculous to me, but Solgaleo's form is pretty cool. I'm interested to see where they're going with the concept. It's a cool way to incorporate Necrozma but I hope it doesn't end up being to similar to Kyurem's forms. And while I'd LOVE new Alolan forms, I don't think they're very likely. They wouldn't be compatible with SM and I think banning a subset of Pokemon from online battles would be... weird.

.Aerodactyl.

And while I'd LOVE new Alolan forms, I don't think they're very likely. They wouldn't be compatible with SM and I think banning a subset of Pokemon from online battles would be... weird.

That's part of the reason I put them on my "maybe" list. Although, they did it to some extent with ORAS and the new megas. They didn't ban it, you just couldn't use the new megas against X/Y players.

I do think they'd be better off doing it, because it would give player's a larger incentive to buy the games. I mean, I only really play one video game and that's Pokémon so I'd get it anyway, but it is a desired feature of a lot of players. So I guess it depends on what their marketing strategy is.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I agree. There's this tweet from SM's datamine referring to a placeholder image for Lycanroc on the PGL. It could mean nothing for all we know, but it could easily be for an USUM-exclusive form.

I have seen some discussion about this elsewhere so I need to clear something:

4 means fifth form. In computing languages, numbering starts at 0. So:

Midday: 0
Midnight: 1
Totem Midday: 2
Totem Midnight: 3
Eclipse: 4

The "fourth" Lycanroc does not correspond to the totems.

Necro-Lunala looks ridiculous to me, but Solgaleo's form is pretty cool. I'm interested to see where they're going with the concept. It's a cool way to incorporate Necrozma but I hope it doesn't end up being to similar to Kyurem's forms. And while I'd LOVE new Alolan forms, I don't think they're very likely. They wouldn't be compatible with SM and I think banning a subset of Pokemon from online battles would be... weird.

I'm with Janovy on this one.
Lunala looked a bit odd and flat without any sorts of legs to me, a little too much like a circle. I'm glad that the arms break up that silhouette now and give it some more flexibility.
Solgaleo is the opposite. It already felt fleshed out and the new Necrozma parts look kind of pointless.

Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I began thinking they could possibly fuse Necrozma with Decidueye, Incineroar and Primarina if they don't give them new alternate forms. The starters' final evolutions with black armor would look cool, and they could all have Prism Armor as their Abilities.

I thought that was what was going on when I checked the main page in work earlier, and saw the thumbnail of the trailer video, which had Decidueye from Pokken and then the alternate forms of the legendaries, since the colouring on Decidueye looked different to normal (because its Pokken artwork) but yeah, I'm hoping the starters get something, and the Johto starters too.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
If anything, I hope they fix the main character's sprite a little bit. I feel like during most scenes, whereas everybody else was showing emotion, the main character was just staring off with this stupid happy smile on his face; uncaring about the events going on around him like an interdimentional gateway being opened n front of his face. Feel Something! React! Emote, darn you!

Yes, this! I remember going through the whole game and just seeing this almost eerie smiling face whenever anything happened. Lillie kidnapped? Smiling. The world ending? Smiling. Yeesh.

Golden_Arcanine

I'm just glad Necrozma is going to play a bigger part in something. I do wonder if the "fusions" are caused by some Z-move or another item like the DNA Splicers.

Pretty much what I thought. Smells like BW2 all over again. Not sure I'm going to buy it.

Grey Wind

That's part of the reason I put them on my "maybe" list. Although, they did it to some extent with ORAS and the new megas. They didn't ban it, you just couldn't use the new megas against X/Y players.

I do think they'd be better off doing it, because it would give player's a larger incentive to buy the games. I mean, I only really play one video game and that's Pokémon so I'd get it anyway, but it is a desired feature of a lot of players. So I guess it depends on what their marketing strategy is.

With the megas though you could just ban the stones themselves. I'd find it kind of weird if, say, Parasect was banned from online battles. I'd really like if they added new ones too though, especially since the Alolan forms we have are kind of underwhelming, but I'm pretty skeptical.

Aetius

I suppose that with "new Pokèmon" they're refering to Solgaleo's, Necrozma's and Lunala's new formes.
It would be cool if Alola Formes would be also considered as such.
This way we would get new Pokèmon on the base of the old ones.
Either way, I'm happy that Necrozma wasn't forgotten like a certain gen 6 legendary...

.Aerodactyl.

With the megas though you could just ban the stones themselves. I'd find it kind of weird if, say, Parasect was banned from online battles. I'd really like if they added new ones too though, especially since the Alolan forms we have are kind of underwhelming, but I'm pretty skeptical.

Too true though. That's why I'm not holding my breath for it or anything.

Sulfurian

Maybe it's just me, but I do kind of miss the days when a Pokémon only had one great set that you would mostly use. With these forms you get "well this is my normal base necrozma, this necrozma is fodder to upgrade my legends, and this necrozma is my new form one" it's just the more new forms, the multiple duplicates are created. It's not necessarily a bad thing, I just feel like it sort of ruins their identity a bit.

.Aerodactyl.

Maybe it's just me, but I do kind of miss the days when a Pokémon only had one great set that you would mostly use. With these forms you get "well this is my normal base necrozma, this necrozma is fodder to upgrade my legends, and this necrozma is my new form one" it's just the more new forms, the multiple duplicates are created. It's not necessarily a bad thing, I just feel like it sort of ruins their identity a bit.

Fair enough, understandable. I, on the other hand feel the opposite because I feel it adds uniqueness and unpredictablity to the game. I think it gets too boring when I can perfectly predict what set each Pokémon is using, plus it allows me.to use more of my favorites that are otherwise uncompetitive by finding different strategies and combinations.

Sulfurian

Fair enough, understandable. I, on the other hand feel the opposite because I feel it adds uniqueness and unpredictablity to the game. I think it gets too boring when I can perfectly predict what set each Pokémon is using, plus it allows me.to use more of my favorites that are otherwise uncompetitive by finding different strategies and combinations.

Ah, I don't disagree with you there. It's why I enjoy using charizard for the mind games of which form I am. But I swear those moments of "I brought the wrong one!" Get to me too.

Leosnake

I have seen some discussion about this elsewhere so I need to clear something:

4 means fifth form. In computing languages, numbering starts at 0. So:

Midday: 0
Midnight: 1
Totem Midday: 2
Totem Midnight: 3
Eclipse: 4

The "fourth" Lycanroc does not correspond to the totems.

This so while not guaranteed we might very well see another form for Lycanroc.

Also on a side note I would like to see Alolan Butterfree and Arcanine this time around just to finish up those two pairings then have the rest of them all be Johto Alolan forms if we are getting any.

B. Thunder Tiger

From what we've seen I THINK Necrozma is the husk/shell/spaceship/armor of "Nebby" used to travel through ultraspace that took on a sentient life. Kinda like Kyurem.

Wow, that is actually a neat idea. Another idea I have seen floating around is that the legendaries we see, is just Necrozma constructing a body out of light derived from Solgaleo or Lunala, hence why they're glowing and look like they're solid energy constructs with black armor holding it together. That too is also very interesting I'd say.

For names, I'd think they'd be called the following:

1. Ultra or Eclipse Forme Solgaleo
2. Ultra or Eclipse Forme Lunala

or

1. Necrozma Sol Forme
2. Necrozma Luna Forme

Status
Not open for further replies.