• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon/Formes Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
How are we expecting these new forms of Solgaleo and Lunala to affect them? Stat changes? Ability changes? Movepool changes?

Movepool change is the least likely, at most, they'll just get Necrozma's signature move. But I can see stat change happening, and perhaps ability change as well.

One thing I really think will happen though, is that the Necroleo/Necronala transformation will work like B-Kyu/W-Kyu, in that we can only have one at a time, not both.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Movepool change is the least likely, at most, they'll just get Necrozma's signature move.

All third legendaries have gotten new signature moves since Gen 5. Necrozma forms will likely not be different.

Lack of new moves in the datamine is also irrelevant since due to OR/AS we know they can introduce new moves mid-generation.

Last edited:

Thure

Lack of new moves in the datamine is also irrelevant since due to OR/AS we know they can introduce new moves mid-generation.

And are so stupid not to patch XY which makes it impossible to battle between the games if you have a move or mega which wasn't in XY... that was just annoying... There should be no way to make midgenerational battles impossible.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
All third legendaries have gotten new signature moves since Gen 5. Necrozma forms will likely not be different.

Yeah, I meant Prismatic Laser + 1 new signature move, at most. Basically my point is that I don't think they will have massive movepool change.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Note: Not sure if this has already been mentioned or not.

If the speculations of Alolan forms for 2nd Gen Pokemons turns out to be true. Then i guess the most likely 2nd Gen Pokemons to get an Alolan form would be those which were initially unavailable directly in the Sun/Moon games, and only accessible through "Pokemon Bank".

So, likely the following 2nd Gen Pokemons might be the candidates for the Alolan forms (bold ones i think have higher possibility).
Sentret
Furret
Hoothoot
Noctowl
Natu
Xatu
Mareep
Flaaffy
Ampharos
Bellossom
Hoppip
Skiploom
Jumpluff
Aipom
Sunkern
Sunflora
Yanma
Wooper
Quagsire
Unown
Wobbuffet
Girafarig
Pineco
Forretress
Dunsparce
Gligar
Steelix
Qwilfish
Shuckle
Heracross
Teddiursa
Ursaring
Slugma
Magcargo
Remoraid
Octillery
Mantine
Houndour
Houndoom
Phanpy
Donphan
Stantler
Tyrogue
Hitmontop
Smoochum
Larvitar
Pupitar
Tyranitar

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think that there are new Alola forms. If there are, I think that they will once again be exclusive to Kanto mons.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Wow. I realized just now that Bellossom, the most Hawaiian-like Pokemon next to Comfey, wasn't part of the Alola Dex.

Also, I am surprised how a lot of these Gen 2 Pokemon are perfect for Alola but didn't make it...

Hoothoot line - We lack a night bird in Alola
Sunkern line - Sunflowers are sun plants and thrive in warm climates
Yanma, Hoppip lines - So many meadows in Alola
Slugma line - Wela Volcano Park
Remoraid, Mantine lines - Too much water

I don't think that there are new Alola forms. If there are, I think that they will once again be exclusive to Kanto mons.

It's past the anniversary. I would prefer it if Gen 2-6 get Alola forms.
Actually, I would love it if Gen 1 pandering finally stops in this version.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Wow. I realized just now that Bellossom, the most Hawaiian-like Pokemon next to Comfey, wasn't part of the Alola Dex.

Also, I am surprised how a lot of these Gen 2 Pokemon are perfect for Alola but didn't make it...

Hoothoot line - We lack a night bird in Alola
Sunkern line - Sunflowers are sun plants and thrive in warm climates
Yanma, Hoppip lines - So many meadows in Alola
Slugma line - Wela Volcano Park
Remoraid, Mantine lines - Too much water

It's past the anniversary. I would prefer it if Gen 2-6 get Alola forms.
Actually, I would love it if Gen 1 pandering finally stops in this version.

Yeah Slugma & Bellossom should've been in the Alolan Dex, it was one of my biggest shocks of the games' Pokedex (along with no Solrock or Lunatone...seriously wtf?).

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Yeah Slugma & Bellossom should've been in the Alolan Dex, it was one of my biggest shocks of the games' Pokedex (along with no Solrock or Lunatone...seriously wtf?).

with the way a bunch of pokemon got stat increases or new moves yet aren't in sun and moon leads me to believe they'll be in these new games for sure.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Alola Dunsparce, anyone? I want Dunsparce to get something. Evolution(s), Mega, Alola variant... Something.

Leosnake

Alola Dunsparce, anyone? I want Dunsparce to get something. Evolution(s), Mega, Alola variant... Something.

Yes this. I'm not sure what typing, if it did get a secondary one or even pulled an Alolan Marowak on us and changed type completely it should get though.

The ones I have seen around the internet a fair bit are Normal/Dragon or Normal/Flying.

Personally I like the idea of it being Ground/Fairy or Normal/Steel for some reason. Because it can burrow into the ground with it's tail. And the Normal/Dragon would make it too similar to Drampa.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Yes this. I'm not sure what typing, if it did get a secondary one or even pulled an Alolan Marowak on us and changed type completely it should get though.

The ones I have seen around the internet a fair bit are Normal/Dragon or Normal/Flying.

Personally I like the idea of it being Ground/Fairy or Normal/Steel for some reason. Because it can burrow into the ground with it's tail. And the Normal/Dragon would make it too similar to Drampa.

Normal/Steel sounds interesting. I can also see Ground/Steel, Ground/Normal, Normal/Dragon or Dragon/Ground. I personally like Dragon/Ground or Dragon/Normal. But it would be weird to have the second typing with Drampa so closely introduced... But they could make it completely different. But come on, Nintendo, give us something for the neglected Pokémon!

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
If we get Alolan Variants for Johto Pokemon then I want an Alolan Sudowudo

I think even one of the Aether Foundation members throws a bit of shade at Sudowoodo not getting an Alolan form, so maybe he'll get one this time around.

OMG AN ALOLAN AIPOM/AMBIPOM WOULD BE FANTASTIC PLEASE GF

Woodsman

Does anyone feel like it would be too close to Kyurem's story if these are fusions? Maybe they aren't fusions.

Not at all! Even if they are fusions, we still don't know what the narrative behind them is. Kyurem is the empty shell of the original dragon, so to speak, and it absorbing Zekrom/Reshiram is part of its desire to be whole again. Said fusion requires the DNA Splicers, and we don't know if these fusions will require that (if they even are fusions). If they are fusions, however, I think it'll be implemented a bit differently than Kyurem, namely in that they'll be forms for Solgaleo/Lunala that use Necrozma as a power-up. Necrozma's Ability being Prism Armor lends itself to this.

As for Johto Alola forms, I think Mantine would be an excellent candidate. I'd be curious to see what it's like. I'd like to see Remoraid and Natu as well. The real dream would be the Johto starters, but I won't hold my breath there.

Grey Wind

As for Johto Alola forms, I think Mantine would be an excellent candidate. I'd be curious to see what it's like. I'd like to see Remoraid and Natu as well. The real dream would be the Johto starters, but I won't hold my breath there.
Mantine would be pretty cool. My main hope is for Alolan Noctowl, because I think it's the perfect opportunity for a snowy owl inspired design.

Tuoko

Alright, so yesterday I made a list of the potential candidates of Johto Pokemon that could get Alolan forms. I excluded the ones that got cross-gen evos in Gen 4 and Mega Evolutions.

Pokemon that weren't in Sun/Moon - Sentret line, Hoothoot line, Natu line, Bellossom, Marill/Azumarill, Hoppip line, Sunkern line, Wooper line, Unown*, Wobbuffet, Girafarig, Pineco line, Dunsparce, Qwilfish, Shuckle, Teddiursa line, Slugma line, Remoraid line, Mantine, Kingdra, Phanpy line, Stantler, Tyrogue/Hitmontop, Smoochum, Raikou*, Entei*, Suicune*, Lugia*, Ho-Oh*, & Celebi*

Pokemon that were in Sun/Moon, but can get one since it'd be a different universe - Chikorita line*, Cyndaquil line*, Totodile line*, Ledyba line, Spinarak line, Crobat, Chinchou line, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Sudowoodo, Politoed, Slowking, Snubbull line, Corsola, Delibird, Skarmory, Smeargle, Miltank, & Blissey

* = I doubt the starters, Unown, and Legends would actually get an Alolan form, but who knows

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
If this was an alt. universe Sun/Moon, then what if there weren't any Gen I Alolan formes, but instead Gen II Alolan formes?

Status
Not open for further replies.