• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon/Formes Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetius

Indeed they seem to be hinting at a new Lycanroc form..
It actually makes sense considering that dusk cannot be called either day or night, but if it's true, how do they intend to render said form?
A fusion between Midnight and Midday forms perhaps? Or something new altogether?

knightwolf09

Indeed they seem to be hinting at a new Lycanroc form..
It actually makes sense considering that dusk cannot be called either day or night, but if it's true, how do they intend to render said form?
A fusion between Midnight and Midday forms perhaps? Or something new altogether?

I would imagine it's be like Typhlosion, sometimes on two legs and sometimes on four. I wonder if it'll be any stronger than the other two forms.

shadowF

So you guys know the green glow that was shown in the anime preview that was all around rockruff and it might be the source to it evolving? As well as the the green rays being in the USUM background?

Well what if the green rays is apart of the alolan region and it might be the source to some pokemon getting different form changes? This could apply to new alolan forms and perhaps other alolan pokemon. Who knows we might even get different final starter evolution forms!

Erron Black

The Outlaw
So you guys know the green glow that was shown in the anime preview that was all around rockruff and it might be the source to it evolving? As well as the the green rays being in the USUM background?

Well what if the green rays is apart of the alolan region and it might be the source to some pokemon getting different form changes? This could apply to new alolan forms and perhaps other alolan pokemon. Who knows we might even get different final starter evolution forms!

Unlikely that is the case at all. The reason we have Alolan forms is because most Pokemon adapted to living in different ecosystems/climates in Geodude/Graveler/Golem, Exeggutor, Sandshrew/slash, Vulpix/Ninetales, and Marowak's cases. Some were changed through human interaction like Grimer/Muk, Meowth/Persian, and Raichu.(If you want to take Pancakes seriously)

Also, different final starter evolutions is very unlikely too.

shadowF

Unlikely that is the case at all. The reason we have Alolan forms is because most Pokemon adapted to living in different ecosystems/climates in Geodude/Graveler/Golem, Exeggutor, Sandshrew/slash, Vulpix/Ninetales, and Marowak's cases. Some were changed through human interaction like Grimer/Muk, Meowth/Persian, and Raichu.(If you want to take Pancakes seriously)

Maybe not alolan forms but maybe for other pokemon. Could be new forms for alolan pokemon.

dman_dustin

I don't know, this is supposedly taking place as an alternate story, so its very possible that this green flash concept very well may have an effect on some Pokemon.

I doubt it only exists for Rockruff to evolve in the hypothetical new form.

Unlikely to get brand new Pokemon, so yeah maybe the day/night evolutions of Pokemon won't be affected, like we won't get a strange Twilight Eevee evolution.

But I do think its at least plausible we could get regional variants of certain Pokemon with this hypothetical new form, after all how do we really explain normal non Alolan Pokemon evolving into regional variants just because of them being in Alola.

Maybe we could get something like a regional variant of Gliscor, that evolves from a normal Gligar like this. Gliscor evolving from Gligar at night with the razor fang. Maybe it'll receive a regional variant similar to Marowak but under the conditions of Twilight/Green Flash.

Maybe there will be a 2nd Alolan Marowak that is a result of this plausible new game "mechanic"

shadowF

I don't know, this is supposedly taking place as an alternate story, so its very possible that this green flash concept very well may have an effect on some Pokemon.

I doubt it only exists for Rockruff to evolve in the hypothetical new form.

Unlikely to get brand new Pokemon, so yeah maybe the day/night evolutions of Pokemon won't be affected, like we won't get a strange Twilight Eevee evolution.

But I do think its at least plausible we could get regional variants of certain Pokemon with this hypothetical new form, after all how do we really explain normal non Alolan Pokemon evolving into regional variants just because of them being in Alola.

Maybe we could get something like a regional variant of Gliscor, that evolves from a normal Gligar like this. Gliscor evolving from Gligar at night with the razor fang. Maybe it'll receive a regional variant similar to Marowak but under the conditions of Twilight/Green Flash.

Maybe there will be a 2nd Alolan Marowak that is a result of this plausible new game "mechanic"

Yeah, I agree. It would seem weird for the green flash rays to be in the background of USUM and only be used to affect Rockruff. I believe it will be apart of the story and if it is used in some way to help Rockruff evolve then it might as well be used to affect other pokemon too like Alola pokemon/alola forms.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Look, even if the green flash is related to this potential new Lycanroc, and even if that is related to the green blurs in the artwork, what reason is there to think this will happen to other Pokémon? Lycanroc is already a Pokémon that has two different forms in two different games. It was only logical to give it a third form in these new games. How does that extend to any other Pokémon?

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Look, even if the green flash is related to this potential new Lycanroc, and even if that is related to the green blurs in the artwork, what reason is there to think this will happen to other Pokémon? Lycanroc is already a Pokémon that has two different forms in two different games. It was only logical to give it a third form in these new games. How does that extend to any other Pokémon?

Let's ask the more important question: Why would Gamefreak create a game mechanic of sorts that ONLY applies to a singular Pokemon? Is Lycanroc THAT special?

When it comes down to it, even if the games are different, Lycanroc is still a day/night game feature that other Pokemon have been affected by, the only wanted to create psuedo version exclusives only to be annoying, despite being able to catch both forms in the wild, I have a hard time imagining in future generations only ONE game will be allowed to get ONE of the forms (by evolution) while the other version has the other, because I doubt Day / Night will be as important in future generations as it was in Sun and Moon at that point it will have to be a day / night Pokemon which is something we've already had so its not entirely special (outside of the bull version exclusiveness they pulled in Sun and Moon)

The only counterargument I can think of: Is there just introducing the concept, not expanding upon it so it only applies to one Pokemon.

Even so why ONLY one Pokemon?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Malamar evolution lol.

Also, Lycanroc forms' eyes represent RGB color range.

Last edited:

shadowF

Well we are getting USUM information at last today in Pokénchi and with the corocoro cover having an image of something related to Lycanroc then I guess we can expect it to involve something related to Lycanroc. Just really hope Lycanroc news wont be the only news we get this week and next week.

Sulfurian

So now that it looks like we will definitely get a new form of lycanroc due to the corocoro leak, what are your predictions of typing, and stat distribution? Since it clearly looks like a mix of both forms (color of midnight, head of midday) will it be tanky AND fast?

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
So now that it looks like we will definitely get a new form of lycanroc due to the corocoro leak, what are your predictions of typing

Rock type unfortunately, It's boring. But with Midday and Midnight who represent the extremes of night and day being mono-rock, I can't see something that is presumably a balance of the two being anything different.

The stats should be more exciting though, hopefully it will get a nice balance of offense, defense and speed to make it viable.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Rock type unfortunately, It's boring. But with Midday and Midnight who represent the extremes of night and day being mono-rock, I can't see something that is presumably a balance of the two being anything different.

The stats should be more exciting though, hopefully it will get a nice balance of offense, defense and speed to make it viable.

I kind of disagree, given this is an extremely "rare" type of evolution that probably would indeed give Lycanroc a new typing, besides Pokemon has favored other Pokemon (Gallade doesn't have access to fairy typing for example) before or been unfair (such as Scizor being an evolution to Scyther but retaining the same BST), there's nothing wrong with new Lycanroc being dual type with the same base stat total as the other Lycanroc forms.

What would be unlikely is this new Lycanroc having more BST than either Midday or Midnight, I'm not saying its completely impossible, though I don't know of any split evolution or difference in form like this that did have different BST, even Froslass has the same BST as Glalie just distributed differently.

Sulfurian

I could also see a new ability being a key difference here as well, possibly relating to the sunset?

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I'm still kind of pulling for something exciting like Rock/Fairy. Carbink and Diancie are nice and all, but it would be cool to see something a little more from that type combination. It's unlikely, but it would be rather interesting.

As for how this thing evolves, I'm pretty certain it's just going to be like in Sun and Moon and be version based - I don't think that there's any major difference in the mechanics in this game.

ShadowForce720

I kind of disagree, given this is an extremely "rare" type of evolution that probably would indeed give Lycanroc a new typing, besides Pokemon has favored other Pokemon (Gallade doesn't have access to fairy typing for example) before or been unfair (such as Scizor being an evolution to Scyther but retaining the same BST), there's nothing wrong with new Lycanroc being dual type with the same base stat total as the other Lycanroc forms.

What would be unlikely is this new Lycanroc having more BST than either Midday or Midnight, I'm not saying its completely impossible, though I don't know of any split evolution or difference in form like this that did have different BST, even Froslass has the same BST as Glalie just distributed differently.

I looked it up and there were 3 cases where there were different base stats for the branched evolution however for the first two cases initially when they were first introduce that had the exact same base stats as their counter part and the reason why that is no longer the case for them is because one of them got a buff while their counterpart didn't and here are the 2 cases of that:

base stats when they pokemon were initially introduce:
Poliwrath:500
Politoed :500

Beautifly:385
Dustox:385

base stats now:
Poliwrath:510

Beautifly:395

now as for the 3rd and final case here is it is:

base stats:
Ninjask: 456
Shedinja: 236

and so far this is the only case where a branched evolution had different base stats when they were first introduce.

dman_dustin

I looked it up and there were 3 cases where there were different base stats for the branched evolution however for the first two cases initially when they were first introduce that had the exact same base stats as their counter part and the reason why that is no longer the case for them is because one of them got a buff while their counterpart didn't and here are the 2 cases of that:

base stats when they pokemon were initially introduce:
Poliwrath:500

Beautifly:385

base stats now:
Poliwrath:510

Beautifly:395

Ah, interesting. Still don't think there will be a drastic difference though in BST.

now as for the 3rd and final case here is it is:

base stats:
Ninjask: 456
Shedinja: 236

and so far this is the only case where a branched evolution had different base stats when they were first introduce.

It really is hard to classify Shedinja, since it exists at the same time as Ninjask so I don't know if it quite qualifies as a split evolution from Nincada (seems sort of almost like a form change of Nincada caused by it evolving into Ninjasj. It is weaker than Nincada as well (BST anyway)

But i don't know if that's just because of its 1 HP stat that it has.

It's also like a Pokemon that was based off of the concept of a shed husk, so I can't help think its BST is weaker than Nincada and Ninjask for that reason alone.

What exactly is Shedinja officially classified as?

Akashin

It really is hard to classify Shedinja, since it exists at the same time as Ninjask so I don't know if it quite qualifies as a split evolution from Nincada (seems sort of almost like a form change of Nincada caused by it evolving into Ninjasj. It is weaker than Nincada as well (BST anyway)

But i don't know if that's just because of its 1 HP stat that it has.

It's also like a Pokemon that was based off of the concept of a shed husk, so I can't help think its BST is weaker than Nincada and Ninjask for that reason alone.

What exactly is Shedinja officially classified as?

Besides the 30 drop in hp, all Shedinja does is trade 45 points in Defense for Attack over Nincada. It's not even strictly an evolution really, since Nincada evolves into Ninjask, not it. It's definitely not a split evolution either, but there's not really any defined term for what it actually is, as far as I'm aware.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
I kind of disagree, given this is an extremely "rare" type of evolution

Was it stated to be an "extremely rare" evolution?

We don't know much about the setting of USUM, but this evolution could be totally ordinary there.

The reason I see it staying Rock type is that all evidence points to it being a combination of the other forms. The timing is at dusk (and maybe dawn too), and the appearance seems to be a mixture of the two.

So why would something combined from two Rock types be another type?

Status
Not open for further replies.