• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon/Formes Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luthor

I'm curious if that is a new Lycanoroc form as to what specilaisation it will have. Perhaps it'll be a special attacker given it's a stat both forms of Lycanroc are inferior with.

dman_dustin

Was it stated to be an "extremely rare" evolution?
By rare I don't mean there can't be a million of these type Pokemon in existence, I mean rare as in the conditions have to be met perfectly.

Like if a Pokemon needed to evolve exactly at "Noon up to 12:04" with condition A and condition B as well.

So why would something combined from two Rock types be another type?

I don't think its just about combining two rock types, even if the anime seems to be doing that with the preview for episode 37.

I think this would be more like Eevee. How can a Pokemon evolve into entirely different types just because of the time of day?

If this is caused by a special phenomenon even if you need to potentially have both Lycanroc on your team, that special phenomenon itself could be why Lycanroc gets a new typing.

Because it would obviously be as a result of that phenomenon, just like how different evolutionary stones interact with different Pokemon in different ways. Or how the moss rock or icy rock work with Eevee. I mean how can such innocuous things have such a drastic effect on a Pokemon.

I'm not saying its confirmed, by the way, I just think its possible, because this would be clearly a new method of evolution.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
By rare I don't mean there can't be a million of these type Pokemon in existence, I mean rare as in the conditions have to be met perfectly.

So just as rare as the other Lycanroc forms.

I don't think its just about combining two rock types, even if the anime seems to be doing that with the preview for episode 37.

I think this would be more like Eevee. How can a Pokemon evolve into entirely different types just because of the time of day?

If this is caused by a special phenomenon even if you need to potentially have both Lycanroc on your team, that special phenomenon itself could be why Lycanroc gets a new typing.

Because it would obviously be as a result of that phenomenon, just like how different evolutionary stones interact with different Pokemon in different ways. Or how the moss rock or icy rock work with Eevee. I mean how can such innocuous things have such a drastic effect on a Pokemon.

I'm not saying its confirmed, by the way, I just think its possible, because this would be clearly a new method of evolution.

I don't think it's similar to the Eeveelutions. More akin to Hitmontop, a third, very similar evolution that takes some things from the other two originals, but doesn't stray too far.

Then again, hopefully we'll see soonish what the deal is.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Let's ask the more important question: Why would Gamefreak create a game mechanic of sorts that ONLY applies to a singular Pokemon? Is Lycanroc THAT special?

Who says it's a new mechanic? If this is anything like the two previous Lycanroc Forms, which it probably is, it's going to evolve based on the game it's in. That's not a mechanic.

When it comes down to it, even if the games are different, Lycanroc is still a day/night game feature that other Pokemon have been affected by, the only wanted to create psuedo version exclusives only to be annoying, despite being able to catch both forms in the wild, I have a hard time imagining in future generations only ONE game will be allowed to get ONE of the forms (by evolution) while the other version has the other, because I doubt Day / Night will be as important in future generations as it was in Sun and Moon at that point it will have to be a day / night Pokemon which is something we've already had so its not entirely special (outside of the bull version exclusiveness they pulled in Sun and Moon)

The only counterargument I can think of: Is there just introducing the concept, not expanding upon it so it only applies to one Pokemon.

I'm not sure I understand your point.

Even so why ONLY one Pokemon?

Why did only Rockruff evolve depending on version? The same reasoning applies here.

I kind of disagree, given this is an extremely "rare" type of evolution

Where did you get the idea that this is a rare type of evolution? We know nothing about it.

EDIT: Never mind, your last post just came up for me.

Like if a Pokemon needed to evolve exactly at "Noon up to 12:04" with condition A and condition B as well.

If this is anything like the other Lycanroc, which it probably is, it will evolve due to game, not time.

Akashin

Why did only Rockruff evolve depending on version? The same reasoning applies here.

It didn't. Cosmog/Cosmoem did as well.

If this is anything like the other Lycanroc, which it probably is, it will evolve due to game, not time.

Both time of day and game was a factor, and there's a decent chance that will still be the case now.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It didn't. Cosmog/Cosmoem did as well.

Both time of day and game was a factor, and there's a decent chance that will still be the case now.

Oops, my bad. Forgot that time of day was a factor as well as game. That still doesn't make it a rare or special form though.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
my guess is we'll get two forms, Morning and Evening or something like that

they'll be exclusive, and if they only show one now we'll see the other later

more forms = more merch

Grey Wind

Wow that... really couldn't be more underwhelming. I wish they'd done more to differentiate it from midday Lycanroc.

R_N

So pics or it didn't happen?

Don't know why the main site hasn't updated yet but
DGgL71nUQAA4QDR.jpg

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
If there's Dusk, then there should be a Dawn Form, right? RIGHT?
Meh.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Midday Lycanroc got a spray tan and borrowed Midnight's mane? I'm gonna name it "Sunkist" or "Sunny D" and have no regrets whatsoever.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Meh.

Assuming there is one. It will probably look like the midnight form, with some minor Midday details. Will probably be light blue, and have yellow eyes to match the other "OG version colors".

Kdude146

Meh.

I was thinking the same thing and maybe in it's Dawn Form it will have yellow fur.

anyways I really like it's Dusk Form and I love the orange fur and green eyes.

Akashin

Eh, my only complaint is its similarity to Midday Lycanroc, and of the two I prefer this one anyway. Really the only problem with this one for me is that Midday already exists, I suppose.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
At this point I really think they dont have much info to reveal regarding the new games. Typical 3rd version probably, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.