• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon/Formes Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulfurian

Interestingly the model on closer inspection, while similar to midday, during his animation while stationary it will lower it's head and growl

BugCatcher6

What if Rockruff is like Eevee, only with time? The potential for more forms is there. 7 special times in a day. Midday, Midnight, Dusk(Sunset), Dawn(Sunrise), Morning, Afternoon, and Evening, with the potential for an Eclipse, Solar and Lunar.

landipan

I like orange Lycanroc, he looks cool! I'm eager to see what his shiny looks like too!

As for other Alolan forms, I still really want an Alolan Ponyta/Rapidash, maybe flying, or even grass type would be interesting!

knightwolf09

Have some people noticed when Dusk evolved it's eyes turned red temporarily? Also I'm okay with Dusk form. Looks pretty cool, but I wish some people understood that an in-between form like this was bound to resemble strongly to either form, since the two already were already similar

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Have some people noticed when Dusk evolved it's eyes turned red temporarily? Also I'm okay with Dusk form. Looks pretty cool, but I wish some people understood that an in-between form like this was bound to resemble strongly to either form, since the two already were already similar

I'm pretty sure most understand that it's meant to be an in-between, the difference in opinion is more in regard to how it was executed.

knightwolf09

I'm pretty sure most understand that it's meant to be an in-between, the difference in opinion is more in regard to how it was executed.

I get that, but really THIS is genuinely the best you can get. There not much else you can do to differentiate it from the others. You could add big front paws, but then it'd look like midnight on all fours, or make it sand on two legs, but then it'd look like midnight again. Floppy ears, not big enough. Short tail, still not big enough. This is kind of the best result

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I get that, but really THIS is genuinely the best you can get. There not much else you can do to differentiate it from the others. You could add big front paws, but then it'd look like midnight on all fours, or make it sand on two legs, but then it'd look like midnight again. Floppy ears, not big enough. Short tail, still not big enough. This is kind of the best result

I can't say I agree, there are a few details from Midnight that are missing from Dusk form that could've made it look more appealing without being a Midnight copy such as adding the spike ribs to the mane.

Even ignoring that, just because 'it's the best they could do' doesn't mean that people have to accept it. Designs are subjective, and if the design doesn't appeal to people then they're not going to like it regardless of the idea behind it.

knightwolf09

I can't say I agree, there are a few details from Midnight that are missing from Dusk form that could've made it look more appealing without being a Midnight copy such as adding the spike ribs to the mane.

Even ignoring that, just because 'it's the best they could do' doesn't mean that people have to accept it. Designs are subjective, and if the design doesn't appeal to people then they're not going to like it regardless of the idea behind it.

And I would also disagree and there really isn't much to do. But they're free to dislike if they please. Is it a bit too much to ask to cut it some slack though? The overwhelming negativity gets on my nerves.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
And I would also disagree and there really isn't much to do. But they're free to dislike if they please. Is it a bit too much to ask to cut it some slack though? The overwhelming negativity gets on my nerves.

I definitely can understand being irritated by that, as someone who liked Black Kyurem's design it's no fun when you go to every forum and see almost every comment bashing it, but people will be people. They dislike the design and they're going to be vocal about it, it's their opinion and unless they're being needlessly rude or obnoxious about it there's not much you can do. At the same time though, while they may not grow to like it, they're not going to keep bashing it for all eternity either. The vitriol will calm down eventually and it'll remain mostly in the background, it's just going to be more prominent for now since it's the most recent news we can talk about at the moment.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Dusk form Lycanroc looks ok. It's orange color makes it better then Midday.

I can agree with that. I like better than Midday, but I still like Midnight better than dusk.

I definitely can understand being irritated by that, as someone who liked Black Kyurem's design it's no fun when you go to every forum and see almost every comment bashing it, but people will be people.

If it's any consolation, Black Kyurem is my fourth favorite Pokémon design. Love that thing.

Thure

I don't think there will be a dawn form. In German it's called 'Twilight Form' which means dusk and dawn. So why would the official translators choose this term for Dusk form if there is a Dawn form too?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I don't think there will be a dawn form. In German it's called 'Twilight Form' which means dusk and dawn. So why would the official translators choose this term for Dusk form if there is a Dawn form too?

While that is technically true, I feel like when most people think of twilight, they think of dusk. So unless the German colloquial use is different from the English, that may not matter. Still an interesting point to be considered though.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Why do i get the feeling that to get the Dusk Lycanroc, you would need to have both Midday Lycanroc & Midnight Lycanroc in your party, and also be at a specific spot, where we can see the Green Flashes/Rays effect, in the USUM games.

And i also sort of agree with others that maybe there could be a Dawn Lycanroc as well in USUM.
Dusk Lycanroc could be exclusive to Ultra Sun, while Dawn Lycanroc could be exclusive to Ultra Moon.

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
Dusk Lycanroc is okay...but I don't like the colour pallet.
Still better than Midnight Lycanroc...that werewolf looks like the potter werewolf from prisoner of Azkaban...that wasn't a good looking werewolf!

Midday > Dusk > Midnight (for now)

Yes, I believe there will be a Dawn form. Hoping for a ice blue mixed with black fur, with orange eyes.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Before anyone mentions this though, Japanese name of Lycanroc is Tasogare Form, which means either, or both, Dusk Lycanroc, or Twilight Lycanroc. More accurate translation would probably be Sunset Lycanroc.

So, yes, the translation is correct.

Anyways, so far have;

Necrozma Armors as the new Black/White Kyurem.
Original Color Magearna as a possible Resolute Keldeo.
Dusk Lycanroc as the new Deoxys Speed.
I Choose You Pikachu as the New Spiky Eared Pichu.

This leaves either Tapus or UBs as the new Therians.

Edit: My guess for Dusk Lycanroc:

Stats: 80/115/70/55/70/97.

Abilities: Keen Eye/Sand Rush/No Guard, or Keen Eye/Vital Spirit/Steadfast or Sand Force/Vital Spirit/Steadfast.

Moves: Either both Accelerock and Counter or neither in place of Head Smash. In addition, the other two moves can be Wide Guard and Megahorn or Flare Blitz.

Last edited:

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
But I LOVE it. I don't see why so many don't like it...I mean it's midday with midnights signature main plus the green and orange sunset features.

That's precisely why so many people hate Dusk. It's too similar to Midday. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why do i get the feeling that to get the Dusk Lycanroc, you would need to have both Midday Lycanroc & Midnight Lycanroc in your party, and also be at a specific spot, where we can see the Green Flashes/Rays effect, in the USUM games.

That seems a bit too convoluted, even for Pokémon. It's more likely to be time based, like maybe growing to lv.25 at dusk or dawn.

Luthor

I like the new form. I assumed it was always going to be similar. I'm just hoping it gets an awesome ability.

I do also think there will be a 4th Lycanroc form. (Personally i'm imagining it will be pink.)

Status
Not open for further replies.