• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon/Formes Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Tough Claws looks pretty decent on Dusk Lycanroc though it is a shame Accelrock is the only STAB move that Lycanroc learns that takes advantage of it for now. Fingers crossed that the event distribution is not the only to get a Dusk Lycanroc in the game (or at the very least a Wi-Fi event).

If my speculation turns out to be true, the Rockruff giveaway would certainly be a Wi-Fi distribution, just like Torchic, Beldum, and Munchlax before it.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
If my speculation turns out to be true, the Rockruff giveaway would certainly be a Wi-Fi distribution, just like Torchic, Beldum, and Munchlax before it.

Probably with an event move and possible new Z-Crystal for a exclusive Z-Move designed specifically for Dusk Lycanroc.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I wonder if they might sack some of the attack stat and the speed stat and make a properly bulky version of lycanroc
just completely invalidate midnight form.

As hilarious and sad as that would be, They'll likely just split the difference between the two forms' bulk and Speed.

But man, Midnight Form really is a lot of missed potential. Here's to hoping that USUM will bring with it some good high power, low accuracy Tutor moves.

Tuoko

There is a episode preview for next week's show that shows Mimikyu's costume in the water with a dark shadowy creature with two glowing red eyes behind it, this presumes Mimikyu got out of its costume. Also worlds is next week so it would not be too far fetched for Mimikyu to get a new form and have it revealed at the opening ceremony of worlds.

That's completely wrong, though. The picture you're talking about was from the episode where James caught Mareanie, which was either back in January or February IIRC. Besides, this week's episode hasn't even aired yet, so it's too early for a preview of next week's episode. I do think it's possible we might get to see its unrevealed form, but I'm not holding my breath for it.

What I'm most interested in is this Rockruff distribution. Ever since X and Y, Game Freak has been handing out day one event Pokémon with some sort of exclusive factor. X and Y had the Torchic with Blazekin's Mega Stone, the only way to get it in X and Y. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire had the Shiny Beldum with the Metagross Mega Stone. While this wasn't the only way to get Mega Metagross, the shiny part added some exclusivity to it. Then Sun and Moon had the Munchlax with the Snorlax Z-Crystal, which was exclusive. This Rockruff could very well be a special one that meets extremely specific requirements to evolve into Dusk Lycanroc. They did say that Rockruff will only evolve into Dusk Form under special conditions. The other possibility I see is an exclusive Z-Crystal. Of course, that's just some speculation. This could easily be more along the line of the Shiny Beldum, or even be something else entirely.

Yeah, I'm curious as well. Only thing I can think of is it's how we obtain Dusk Lycanroc, since apparently the text above the artwork says "We'll show you how to obtain it!!" There was the whole "Wait, there's a Lycanroc Z-Crystal?" earlier today, but Joe mentioned that it doesn't seem to be the case a while after.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I feel they introduced this form as Ash's Rockruff's final form in order to throw us off. Like how we thought X and Y Ash would have a Mega Evolution as the super-powered team-mate, but gave us Ash-Greninja

R_N

As hilarious and sad as that would be, They'll likely just split the difference between the two forms' bulk and Speed.

But man, Midnight Form really is a lot of missed potential. Here's to hoping that USUM will bring with it some good high power, low accuracy Tutor moves.

I don't really know how you can split it much more. The differences are pretty thin. Midnight took 30 points off and put a mere 10 into HP/Defense/Special Defense

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I don't really know how you can split it much more. The differences are pretty thin. Midnight took 30 points off and put a mere 10 into HP/Defense/Special Defense

You'd split it like so: (80/115/70/55/70/97). Seeing as this thing is designed to look like it's half way in-between Midday and Midnight, it would make sense, and the middling speed would stop Midday from being totally devalued.

Sulfurian

I just don't quite understand the logic of introducing 2 lackluster forms and then make a much more powerful form to promote the second games in the generation. We don't obviously 100% know the stats but it just feels like the two others were just "eh" especially midnight

Flamer

Intended to use a Lycanroc during my Sun play through, but left Melemele Island before catching a Rockruff, so that kind of went out the window. Had been planning on using one anyway in US/UM as a result, and the new forme makes it even more appealing. Was never a huge fan of the Midday forme, but this Dusk forme looks super cool. Be great if it got an exclusive Z-move too

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I just don't quite understand the logic of introducing 2 lackluster forms and then make a much more powerful form to promote the second games in the generation. We don't obviously 100% know the stats but it just feels like the two others were just "eh" especially midnight
Given how much they promoted Lycanroc when Sun and Moon first came out, perhaps they had intended the original two forms to be good, or at least better than they turned out? And thus learning from those mistakes they made a third form. Wouldn't be the first time they made a pokemon that looked interesting/cool but was lackluster in most other ways and improved it with new forms, looking at you Rotom.

Course hopefully they will also improve the original two forms as well, Midnight for instance would be better if it had more moves that benefited from No Guard.

Last edited:

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand they give it Tough Claws. I swear to @#$%ing Gawd when I go postal it will be no surprise. The trolling level this time is beyond epic proportions. FIX MIDNIGHT FORME, NOT OTHER FORMES OF LYCANROC!!!1

Last edited:

Luthor

One thing that is interesting about this new form is that due to the anime we should get an idea of some of the movepool before the game comes out. That should be interesting.

shadowF

That's completely wrong, though. The picture you're talking about was from the episode where James caught Mareanie, which was either back in January or February IIRC. Besides, this week's episode hasn't even aired yet, so it's too early for a preview of next week's episode. I do think it's possible we might get to see its unrevealed form, but I'm not holding my breath for it.

Oh yeah, my mistake I got confused. I do like how Dusk form Lycanroc looks from the merchandise and official artwork, it feels like its own entity and less like Midday. Perhaps only in the games it looks a lot like midday Lycanroc.

ShadowForce720

Given how much they promoted Lycanroc when Sun and Moon first came out, perhaps they had intended the original two forms to be good, or at least better than they turned out? And thus learning from those mistakes they made a third form. Wouldn't be the first time they made a pokemon that looked interesting/cool but was lackluster in most other ways and improved it with new forms, looking at you Rotom.

Course hopefully they will also improve the original two forms as well, Midnight for instance would be better if it had more moves that benefited from No Guard.

You know I wouldn't mind if they gave some of the gen 7 pokemon like both Lycanroc forms buffs to make them better.

Like for instance when it comes to Midnight Lycanroc maybe they could increase it's defense and special defense stats up by 20 so they go from being 75 to 95, and of course I would think they would probably also give Midday Lycanroc some buffs to and the increase in their base stat totals would mean they would have more room to move around with the stats of Dusk Lycanroc as well. Of course when it comes to what would be good competitively I'm not sure as I don't really play pokemon competitively but I thought I heard one of the problems Midnight Lycanroc has is that it's defense and special defense stats aren't high enough.

Luthor

You know I wouldn't mind if they gave some of the gen 7 pokemon like both Lycanroc forms buffs to make them better.

Like for instance when it comes to Midnight Lycanroc maybe they could increase it's defense and special defense stats up by 20 so they go from being 75 to 95, and of course I would think they would probably also give Midday Lycanroc some buffs to and the increase in their base stat totals would mean they would have more room to move around with the stats of Dusk Lycanroc as well. Of course when it comes to what would be good competitively I'm not sure as I don't really play pokemon competitively but I thought I heard one of the problems Midnight Lycanroc has is that it's defense and special defense stats aren't high enough.

Those would be good buffs but if not those at the very least I'm hoping they give these forms the ability to learn the moves rock types normally get like sandstorm and Earthquake. With this new form coming it's a chance to give them what they should have started with. I also definitely want this new form to get head smash to go with Tough Claws.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Ah, crap, seems Lycanroc's Dusk evo will be locked behind a distribution. My worst fear became reality. Why GF, why? Why does it have to be a special Rockruff? Why can't all Rockruff have the chance to evolve into Dusk form Lycanroc?!

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
The entire Pokémon should have way more going for it than it does. Anything the Midnight forme does, Rampardos even does better! That's horrid. Midday originally passed in RU (as in R U seriously using RocDogé?!), but even there, no real hope. There will always be in-game, but yeesh! I'd rather have Geodude and Boldore with their good coverage. That EdgeQuake is as solid as it is classic.

So yeah, a quick intergenerational stat bump would definitely help it along, especially considering the amount of promotional effort its been getting between anime, TCG, pregame, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.