• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon/Formes Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Both forms of Lycanroc are meant to abuse Z-moves in-game and competitively. For those who don't want to trade or Shell Smash Minior Lycanroc is actually the best Rock-type in-game for early game, and it is the easiest to use.

The fundamental problem is that Lycanroc is essentially a Gen I Pokémon introduced in Gen 7. That is why it seems so bad comparatively speaking.

Thure

Ah, crap, seems Lycanroc's Dusk evo will be locked behind a distribution. My worst fear became reality. Why GF, why? Why does it have to be a special Rockruff? Why can't all Rockruff have the chance to evolve into Dusk form Lycanroc?!

Where did you got this idea?

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Where did you got this idea?

The English official site says literally you won't encounter this new form in an ordinary way. Most of the time, we all know what they mean by that... Events!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The English official site says literally you won't encounter this new form in an ordinary way. Most of the time, we all know what they mean by that... Events!

It does say encounter though, which could be just like you can't encounter a wild Steelix or Magnezone in an ordinary way, as they can only be obtained by evolving Pokémon in a specific and special way. It doesn't necessarily mean you won't be able to encounter a Rockruff and then evolve in this special manner.

knightwolf09

Somebody translated that you have to take Rockruff to some special spot to evolve. It's not locked to the giveaway Rockruff, I think it just helps getting him faster than waiting till you finish your grand trial to get to where it is.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Somebody translated that you have to take Rockruff to some special spot to evolve. It's not locked to the giveaway Rockruff, I think it just helps getting him faster than waiting till you finish your grand trial to get to where it is.

Where'd you get that from? And are you sure that's not someone just bringing back that one rumor from last year that Rockruff's evolution was location-dependent?

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
The phrase "Special Rockruff" from Corocoro definitely makes it seem like it's tied to event pokemon only. Which is disappointing

knightwolf09

Where'd you get that from? And are you sure that's not someone just bringing back that one rumor from last year that Rockruff's evolution was location-dependent?

Nope, somebody on here said so, but I forget which page it was.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Honestly, I'm fully expecting there to be a Dawn forme.

I'm kind of expecting a Dawn form for Lycanroc as well in US/UM to act as the counterpart to Dusk Lycanroc. Granted, it's odd that Coro Coro would only reveal one of the new forms this month, but perhaps they're just saving a presumable fourth Lycanroc form for the next issue.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I'm kind of expecting a Dawn form for Lycanroc as well in US/UM to act as the counterpart to Dusk Lycanroc. Granted, it's odd that Coro Coro would only reveal one of the new forms this month, but perhaps they're just saving a presumable fourth Lycanroc form for the next issue.
Given both in Japanese and at least some other languages this form is getting translated as "Twilight Lycanroc" I'm thinking its more indicating that the official English name for the form is misleading. Assuming "twilight" is the literal translation then the form is meant to represent both dawn and dusk.

As for whether only the event Rockruff will be able to evolve into this form, there are a number of ways they could go about it without making it forever event-restricted. But unless its accurate that they state the evolution is location specific (I doubt this because its not on Serebii), then we may indeed have a Ash Greninja situation.

Akashin

Given both in Japanese and at least some other languages this form is getting translated as "Twilight Lycanroc" I'm thinking its more indicating that the official English name for the form is misleading. Assuming "twilight" is the literal translation then the form is meant to represent both dawn and dusk.

It's not really misleading. In most languages (Japanese included), the name they go with can mean either Twilight or Dusk.

Regardless, I'd say that Dusk Lycanroc takes enough from both Lycanrocs (Midday's appearance, pieces of Midnight's appearance, Midnight's red eyes during its evolution, being noted as having access to both of their 'signature' moves, etc.) that it's safe to say it's the only new Lycanroc form. I can't really see what a fourth form would offer besides a form that takes a bit more after Midnight than Midday aesthetically, which seems sort of pointless in and of itself.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Nope, somebody on here said so, but I forget which page it was.

I've been reading every post, and don't remember anyone saying that. Perhaps I glossed over it. I do, however, remember someone bringing up that rumor recently and suggesting it might apply here.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Pure Rock, nice!

Hopefully it's available for the entire world on release day. And not just you know, Japan.....

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Welp, looks like only the Rockruff that is to be distributed can evolve into Dusk Lycanroc. Hopefully that it is breedable or comes with a few good Egg Moves if it ends up being unbreedable.

Last edited:

Vipsoccermaster

Pure Rock, nice!

Hopefully it's available for the entire world on release day. And not just you know, Japan.....
It should be. The games are coming out worldwide at the same time, just hours apart. Special Rockruff should be getting the same exact treatment that the special Munchlax/Snorlax did.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
"twitchy eye"

It's official the game developers are Disney evil, why would they make an alternate of Lycanroc event exclusive?!? "sigh" well let's hope that in the next games they remove that event only status.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Why not? Forms and Formes have been event-exclusive before. It's not like you won't get the event at some point.

This is true

Status
Not open for further replies.