• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon/Formes Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulfurian

It just seems odd to me that they have dusk lycanroc as an event. This however does not count out that the "green light" that appeared in the anime won't appear or have influence in the ultra games, and maybe when the next gen roles around they may add a way to evolve into dusk normally with normal rockruff.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Doubtful. But at least let it come with Fire Fang, thing looks terribad as is. Don't let it's coverage be worse than Midday lmao.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Some part of me really wanted a Dawn Forme as well, complete with Comatose as a HA, and a spread both bulkier and slower than Midnight's already slow/bulky fluffy tookis. *sigh

This line man, this line had so much super cool potential. The letdown is real, like Gen I Kabutops and Gen II Scizor levels of premier letdown.

chosen-one

Hatsu(发) Master
Here's my ideas for new Alola Forms. They are not restricted to Gen II Pokemon:

Spearow/Fearow: Electric/Flying
Ponyta/Rapidash: Fairy/Flying
Pinsir: Bug/Ground
Hoothoot/Noctowl: Psychic/Flying
Bonsly/Sudowoodo: Rock/Grass
Teddiursa/Ursaring: Normal/Dark
Corsola: Psychic/Rock
Phanpy/Donphan: Ground/Water
Skitty/Delcatty: Ground
Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon: Bug/Dragon
Baltoy/Claydol: Steel/Electric
Skorupi/Drapion: Poison/Ground
Petilil/Lilligant: Grass/Fire
Minccino/Cinccino: Electric

I really agree with:
Ponyta/Rapidash: Fairy/Flying
Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon: Bug/Dragon

To me:
Growlithe/Arcanine: Water

Lapras: Water/Dragon

Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite: Fairy/Dragon

Teddiursa/Ursaring: Fighting

Skarmory: Dragon/Steel

Mantine: Steel/Flying

Phanpy/Donphan: Grass/Water

Bonsly/Sudowoodo: Grass/Fire

Stantler: Grass/Psychic

Leosnake

It just seems odd to me that they have dusk lycanroc as an event. This however does not count out that the "green light" that appeared in the anime won't appear or have influence in the ultra games, and maybe when the next gen roles around they may add a way to evolve into dusk normally with normal rockruff.

This. Personally I like the form despite how similar it is to Midday. I honestly hope that since it is a permanent evolution and not a temporary form change like Ash Greninja. That next gen they have an in game way of getting this form. It would seem odd to me if they made it impossible to get a perminant evolution of a Pokemon in any future generations and I do not see them making this an event Pokemon every single time compared to Legendaries or Mythic Pokemon. Neither of which this is.

This event starts in the November and ends in the January right? I wonder if it will be the Rockruff itself or an item it might be carrying which will determine the evolution.

Edit: I just had a thought didn't the do a similar thing with Zoroark? Then make it catchable during later generations in game.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Edit: I just had a thought didn't the do a similar thing with Zoroark? Then make it catchable during later generations in game.

The thing is, Zoroark is a base Pokemon. Not a form. So it should be available in some way.
Besides, it was obtainable in B2W2, still within the generation it was introduced.

Now, considering Alolan Forms. It's "Alolan" for a reason.
These Pokemon might remain exclusive to Gen 7. Exclusive to Alola. I don't expect to see a wild Alolan Diglett in Sinnoh.

With Dusk Form Lycanroc, it may or may not be exclusive to Gen 7. We've yet to confirm if it can breed.

ShadowForce720

The thing is, Zoroark is a base Pokemon. Not a form. So it should be available in some way.
Besides, it was obtainable in B2W2, still within the generation it was introduced.

These Pokemon might remain exclusive to Gen 7. Exclusive to Alola. I don't expect to see a wild Alolan Diglett in Sinnoh.

With Dusk Form Lycanroc, it may or may not be exclusive to Gen 7. We've yet to confirm if it can breed.

Well I think you would be able to transfer them up to future main series pokemon games, and I wouldn't be that surprised if they introduce special areas that you can find Alolan forms in or get them in some ways because the Alolan forms are not like the cosplay Pikachu's or Spikey ear or notched ear Pichu for example that when they were only in the generation they were introduce in. Basically Alolan forms effect the meta game so there is going to be some way of getting them in future main series pokemon games, now of course it wouldn't make any sense if there were brand new Alolan forms introduce that were called Alolan forms even though the first time there introduce there in another region.

But when it comes to main series games I do think there will be a way to get Alolan forms, now as for Dusk Lycanroc and even Ash-Greninja do I think there will be some way of getting them in future main series games without necessarily having to go through an event? yes, because when you look at it take the form changes for the legendries and mythical pokemon + Rotom and the primal Reversions of Groudon and Kyogre technically they don't have to make those available in future main series games and yet they still go out of the way to make it so that if you get the pokemon to the current main series games you can still form change or Primal revert it. So while some people may not like or want it, realistically I do think that there is going to be ways of getting Ash-Greninja and Dusk Lycanroc in future main series games.

Sulfurian

To me if something can be put into Pokemon Bank then it is possible to be transferred up to a new gen. The Pichus and Pikachu exclusive stuff were mainly to hype up the mascot in a new form. However there was nothing special about them at all except the cosplay Pikachus having a different move, but those moves were primarily used for the contests those forms were present in. At least with the cosplay Pikachus they came with their hidden abilities which was nice.

But Dusk Lycanroc is different, as well as Ash Greninja. These Pokemon have different abilities, stats, and different possible restrictions applied to them. Why go through all that effort in coding and making them different than normal if they are restricted to a gen?

To compare: Spiky Eared Pichu: nothing special but having spiky ears.
Cosplay Pikachus: different appearances, and a different move for each form.
Lycanroc Dusk and Ash-greninja: different abilities, stats, and certain restrictions, as well as special animations in the form change/the eyes changing in attack animations.

Personally though I don't really like that the anime can just "create" special Pokemon for whatever reason, be it for popularity or otherwise. Why not just keep everything within the main game?

BM14murph

Master Collector
To me if something can be put into Pokemon Bank then it is possible to be transferred up to a new gen. The Pichus and Pikachu exclusive stuff were mainly to hype up the mascot in a new form. However there was nothing special about them at all except the cosplay Pikachus having a different move, but those moves were primarily used for the contests those forms were present in. At least with the cosplay Pikachus they came with their hidden abilities which was nice.

But Dusk Lycanroc is different, as well as Ash Greninja. These Pokemon have different abilities, stats, and different possible restrictions applied to them. Why go through all that effort in coding and making them different than normal if they are restricted to a gen?

To compare: Spiky Eared Pichu: nothing special but having spiky ears.
Cosplay Pikachus: different appearances, and a different move for each form.
Lycanroc Dusk and Ash-greninja: different abilities, stats, and certain restrictions, as well as special animations in the form change/the eyes changing in attack animations.

Personally though I don't really like that the anime can just "create" special Pokemon for whatever reason, be it for popularity or otherwise. Why not just keep everything within the main game?

Simple really, offering the cool Pokemon that the main character has from the cartoon = more kids, some who've never played before, will buy the game as it relates to what they know as Pokémon which is the anime

Simple really, offering the cool Pokemon that the main character has from the cartoon = more kids, some who've never played before, will buy the game as it relates to what they know as Pokémon which is the anime

I don't mind them adding forms from the anime into the games but they should be usable in normal online battles. There's barely any point in having Ash-greninja in the game when it's banned from all normal online battles and can't really compete with other Pokemon banned from normal play like Primal Groudon and Arceus.

Orphalesion

They could be available in Safari Zones, revitalizing that concept considerably.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Restricting the new Lycanroc form to an event, and essentially establishing it as another Ash-inspired gimmick, is incredibly stupid and I am beyond tired of his presence in this generation. What on earth is the point of introducing an entire new form, that's well designed and probably was conceived before his party in the anime was decided, and tying it so closely to him that you can't get it outside events? I just don't understand at all.

Whatever, I'm sure these games will be great regardless of this excess pandering.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Event-only pokémon have been part of GameFreak since the beginning. It seems to me that Dusk Lycanroc is just the next in the line of useless event pokémon. Banned in competitions and Battle Spot because they're event-only and it's unfair to use them against those that might not have access to them and not strong enough for link battles where it has to compete with the likes of Mega Rayquaza and Primal Groudon. They're just a marketing ploy and nothing more. At least GameFreak is slowly improving the reach of the events (or at least the ones for exclusive pokémon forms or species), although it's still very much the case that the country you live in determines whether or not you get an event.

Luthor

They could be available in Safari Zones, revitalizing that concept considerably.

That would be a cool idea. I think these regional forms will become rare after this gen so it would be an effective way to use it. I do also hope that there will be an upgrade to the GTS so you can search for specific forms as at the moment it can be hard to locate. This even should appy for forms like Gastrodon.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I don't mind them adding forms from the anime into the games but they should be usable in normal online battles. There's barely any point in having Ash-greninja in the game when it's banned from all normal online battles and can't really compete with other Pokemon banned from normal play like Primal Groudon and Arceus.
Perhaps this means we'll get more "no holds barred" style battles then like the upcoming tournament where all pokemon except the most powerful legendaries are allowed.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
would a lycanroc normally survive a hammer arm from a Bewear or does this guy seemingly have boosted stats?

The HP stat is 143, which is fairly normal for a level 43 Lycanroc, assuming the base HP is around 80 and it has some HP EVs. It was a couple of levels higher than the Bewear and trainer pokémon and wild pokémon usually don't have any EVs. Doing the math it's definitely possible if the Lycanroc has had EV training and Bewear hasn't. There's a big gap of possible IV spreads there as well, Bewear probably doesn't have a perfect attack IV either.

Edit: Sorry, the HP stat is 123. It's a bit on the low side, around the lowest possible for base 80 HP at level 43.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
The HP stat is 143, which is fairly normal for a level 43 Lycanroc, assuming the base HP is around 80 and it has some HP EVs. It was a couple of levels higher than the Bewear and trainer pokémon and wild pokémon usually don't have any EVs. Doing the math it's definitely possible if the Lycanroc has had EV training and Bewear hasn't. There's a big gap of possible IV spreads there as well, Bewear probably doesn't have a perfect attack IV either.

thankyou very much!! I am very curious as to if it'll have the same base stats or if it'll be an improved version of both.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Sorry, I misread the video, the HP stat is actually 123, not 143. 123 is about the lowest HP stat a base 80 HP pokémon can have at level 43 (actual minimum is 121 with no EV training and a 0 HP IV). If it got boosted stats compared to regular Lycanroc it's certainly not in its HP, its theoretical maximum base HP is 82 (compared to 75 for Midday and 85 for Midnight).

knightwolf09

Edit: Sorry, the HP stat is 123. It's a bit on the low side, around the lowest possible for base 80 HP at level 43.

Whenever they do trailers, do they really focus on technics like. I'd just imagine they take a pokemon and throw into the fray, no EV or IV training.

Status
Not open for further replies.