• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon/Formes Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Umbreon

Burst is Pennywise. Assembly is the Dark Tower. Stephen King is everywhere.

EDIT: My first thought was alternate forms. Burst's head and collar remind me of Nihilego. Assembly has Celesteela's color scheme and they both look like towers.

Last edited:

knightwolf09

Based off Bursts move looking like a firework explosion and it being super effective on Decieuye and Metgross in the trailer I'd say it's probably partially based off a Firework and is part fire type

So maybe Fire/Fairy. It's unique enough.

DFang

27yr old Pokefan
I had a thought regarding new Alolan forms (which will likely be added since we have now 'mons mid-gen). With USUM being described as a different dimension almost we might get mirror forms of version exclusives. What I mean is, in the original Blue game vulpix, sandshrew, meowth and grimer (not version exclusive, but less common in red) were there and growlithe, ekans, mankey and koffing were not. Might be a good chance we get those in USUM (sorry people hoping for Johto forms (DPP remakes?)).

Obviously pokemon like geodude, diglett, marowak and exeggutor weren't exclusives so maybe they'll still be in or maybe others will be introduced even though we've already seen exeggutor-A in a trailer.

Last edited:

Aleh

«Last Hope»
Wow, this reveal was shocking. I'd have never expected new Pokémon mid gen. And Assembly is super cool.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Based off Bursts move looking like a firework explosion and it being super effective on Decieuye and Metgross in the trailer I'd say it's probably partially based off a Firework and is part fire type

I like this theory. And as someone said Fire/Fairy would be great (and a good offensive typing).

Hasty

Moonside
That's finally some interesting news. The UBs look amazing. By the way, am I the only one who was reminded of molecular models or something similar with UB Burst? It may be a bit of a stretch, but the colorful balls and sticks are reminiscent of it.

R_N

Burst is Pennywise. Assembly is the Dark Tower. Stephen King is everywhere.

EDIT: My first thought was alternate forms. Burst's head and collar remind me of Nihilego. Assembly has Celesteela's color scheme and they both look like towers.

250px-797Celesteela.png
assembly.jpg

I'm not really seeing it. The brick is much darker than celesteela's stuff and nothing about their design carries over. At least Burst & Nihilego share vague shape and frill

RedJirachi

Veteran member
....they're actually adding more Pokemon in the same generation?

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Welp, they finally did it. All new Pokémon inter-generationally. We've had formes and Megas, now it's full regalia. No more p*ssy footing around.

@ Lady Umbreon

I'm seeing it. Celesteela's obviously the Green Mile, Guzzlord's a Langolier, Phermosa is Thinner. All this time we thought UB's were the seven sins, nope. They're Stephen King characterizations.

Last edited:

Lady Umbreon

250px-797Celesteela.png
assembly.jpg

I'm not really seeing it. The brick is much darker than celesteela's stuff and nothing about their design carries over. At least Burst & Nihilego share vague shape and frill

I admit it's a stretch. It's just what first popped into my head. They are both mostly gray with some bright blue.

New Konoiche

UB Burst is cool but kind of creepy! I really like it! I'm thinking something like Steel/Fairy based on its colors and the barbs on its head.

Fwippy

Since it looks like it's made of walls covered in eyes, I almost wonder of Assembly is based on the Mokumokuren, a youkai that usually manifests as a shoji wall covered in eyes. With Celesteela being based on Princess Kaguya, it wouldn't be the first UB based on Japanese folklore, and there hasn't been a Ghost-type UB yet...

R_N

Since it looks like it's made of walls covered in eyes, I almost wonder of Assembly is based on the Mokumokuren, a youkai that usually manifests as a shoji wall covered in eyes. With Celesteela being based on Princess Kaguya, it wouldn't be the first UB based on Japanese folklore, and there hasn't been a Ghost-type UB yet...

Smogon noticed that Burst's attack seemed to do SE damage against Decidueye.
UB02 shared their full typing, UB04 shared flying type. Maybe these 2 UBs share Ghost typing?

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
While Assembly obviously looks like a rock or steel type, Nihilego is already a rock type and Kartana/Celesteela are steel types and so far none of the ultra beasts minus the pairs have shared a type.

Also, someone posted a photo, Assembly is GIGANTIC

LavaPLUME

I'm completely fixed on fire type for burst and rock type for assembly.

They both remind me of Chinese culture, what with the Chinese having invented the firework and having built the monumental Great Wall of China.

DJStarstryker

Assembly looks awesome! I really want it!

I'm not as big of a fan of Burst right now, but maybe it'll be fun to use in the actual game. Some of the Ultra Beasts I hate how they look but they're fun to use.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I wonder what dorky name the protagonist will grant these new UBs

What are you talking about?

Smogon noticed that Burst's attack seemed to do SE damage against Decidueye.
UB02 shared their full typing, UB04 shared flying type. Maybe these 2 UBs share Ghost typing?

If they do share a type, Ghost is really the only type I could see them sharing, regardless of super-effective damage. Though, Burst continues to baffle me as to what type it should be, and the Ghost only just barely fits.

Assembly looks awesome! I really want it!

I'm not as big of a fan of Burst right now, but maybe it'll be fun to use in the actual game. Some of the Ultra Beasts I hate how they look but they're fun to use.

My stance essentially right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.