• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon/Formes Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I honestly don't understand why did the translation team choose to use the name "Dusk Form" for the new Lycanroc form.

Had they kept the Japanese name (Twilight Form), it would have been less confusing.
People won't think there will be another unrevealed form (since "Twilight" doesn't have a counterpart word), especially after Dawn Necrozma is revealed.

That was my exact thinking too, people will speculate a Dawn Lycanroc thanks to there being a Dusk Necrozma and a Dawn Necrozma.

Whats next? DP remakes where Lucas is now called Dusk, so you can play as Dusk and Dawn?

ShadowForce720

That was my exact thinking too, people will speculate a Dawn Lycanroc thanks to there being a Dusk Necrozma and a Dawn Necrozma.

Whats next? DP remakes where Lucas is now called Dusk, so you can play as Dusk and Dawn?

The problem is here you seem to think that Dusk Necrozma is called Dusk Necrozma in both it's English and Japanese name, which that is not the case even if they called Dusk Lycanroc what it's Japanese name is being Twilight Lycanroc you would still be having people using the 2 Necrozma forms as evidence that there will be a Dawn Lycanroc because the Japanese names of two Necrozma forms are Mane of Twilight Necrozma and Wings of Dawn Necrozma, so no even if you use the Japanese name people would still make that comparison to say that there is a Dawn Lycanroc.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
The problem is here you seem to think that Dusk Necrozma is called Dusk Necrozma in both it's English and Japanese name, which that is not the case even if they called Dusk Lycanroc what it's Japanese name is being Twilight Lycanroc you would still be having people using the 2 Necrozma forms as evidence that there will be a Dawn Lycanroc because the Japanese names of two Necrozma forms are Mane of Twilight Necrozma and Wings of Dawn Necrozma, so no even if you use the Japanese name people would still make that comparison to say that there is a Dawn Lycanroc.

Thanks, I know that, was just agreeing with Shine, people will be thinking there could be a Dawn Lycanroc because of its translated name. I myself am aware of the differences in its Jap and English name.
:)

Orphalesion

It's the "If there's a Dark Type, then we need a Light Type, because we don't know/care that the Dark Type is really the Evil Type in Japanese" situation all over again...

Erron Black

The Outlaw
It's the "If there's a Dark Type, then we need a Light Type, because we don't know/care that the Dark Type is really the Evil Type in Japanese" situation all over again...

Super true. The 'Dark type' here doesn't mean 'absence of light' it means 'ominous, evil, wicked, etc...' which is what nobody seems to get. Similar as to how Dusk Lycanroc is literally just 'Twilight' Lycanroc.

Also the fact that the Dusk Lycanroc is literally an event exclusive should debunk there being a Dawn Lycanroc in general.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Considering the incredibly small amount of Ice and Dark-type pokemon to debut in Gen 7 (1 and 2 respectively), perhaps USUM may see an addition to those types, maybe even with the two new Ultra Beasts.

Sure, Game Freak attempted to make up for it by making more than half of the Alolan forms either of those types, but that doesn't really account for the lack of new pokemon. Although, the Ice type usually is among the types to get the least amount of new pokemon within a generation. For some odd reason.

Illusio

No words, only rage

That's half right, it is called Twilight in Japanese, but the term is exclusively used for dusk. That's why Necrozma's Dusk form shares the same term in Japanese.

Akashin

That's half right, it is called Twilight in Japanese, but the term is exclusively used for dusk. That's why Necrozma's Dusk form shares the same term in Japanese.

Has there been any official source that says that the intended Japanese name for them is Twilight for one and Dusk for the other, or is that just us assuming as much?

Illusio

No words, only rage
Has there been any official source that says that the intended Japanese name for them is Twilight for one and Dusk for the other, or is that just us assuming as much?

I think so as tasogare(the term used for its form name) can refer to dusk, but I don't speak Japanese so I'm not completely sure.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The same way they handled the new Mega Pokemon in ORAS? You couldn't use them if the enemy uses XY.

Alternatively, make a patch to update Pokemon Sun and Moon. They haven't really used that to its full advantage yet, why not now?

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Who here thinks Necrozma is Kyurem 2.0?

I mean, seriously, it's shaping up to be in an almost identical situation to BW2.

Hopefully, there'll be something to differentiate Dusk Wings and Dusk Mane Solagaleo and Lunala from their regular forms (I mean like an ability or move).

Rio!

Composer
Alternatively, make a patch to update Pokemon Sun and Moon. They haven't really used that to its full advantage yet, why not now?
Why patch an older game when you're trying to push a newer game though?

I mean, seriously, it's shaping up to be in an almost identical situation to BW2.

Hopefully, there'll be something to differentiate Dusk Wings and Dusk Mane Solagaleo and Lunala from their regular forms (I mean like an ability or move).

^ This will likely be the case. Like Kyurem, Necro gains the sig moves of either pokemon it absorbs, plus something else with a possible side effect that's a STAB.
I'm still curious whether or not there's going to be a type change; simply stays pure psychic, gains one, or becomes a completely different due to the animation change of an eclipse being present when using Solgaleo's or Lunala's respective moves.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan

The Digimon Cyber Sleuth series may be going this direction to increase replay-ability, but I don't know that they will be trying this until after the next game is released. This is admittedly a different scenario because it's a bit more like adding the National Dex than it is updating mechanics. A patch could be warranted for the Pokémon games depending on which mechanics they'd be updating. As long as the new games are still unique in some way there shouldn't be a problem, and it would keep previous games fresher.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type

^ This will likely be the case. Like Kyurem, Necro gains the sig moves of either pokemon it absorbs, plus something else with a possible side effect that's a STAB.
I'm still curious whether or not there's going to be a type change; simply stays pure psychic, gains one, or becomes a completely different due to the animation change of an eclipse being present when using Solgaleo's or Lunala's respective moves.

While I want them to gain a new form, it makes no sense for them to, since Necrozma was pure psychic.

R_N

And Yokai Watch isn't anywhere near as popular as the Pokemon franchise, so your point is?

Because if they're available to get in SUMO that eliminates any reason to get USUM.

There's......more reasons....to get a game than exclusives....??????
I mean shoot they can instantly make people buy the game by requiring the latest game for tournaments (aka what they did every previous year) even if the new stuff could be transferred back to now-updated games.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Ehm... You-kai watch is a big competitor for Pokemon by popularity in Japan.

Yokai Watch sales are actually down in Japan right now. Still strong, but down (SuMo blew YKW3 out of the water sales-wise). Also, the first game sold less in the rest of the world than it did in Japan. Pokemon has more security, as the games sell well worldwide, so GF and TPCI can do whatever they want without much worry.

Cyclone

^ where it all began

Yes I totally thought the same thing. INCLUDING how awkward it looks when they combine 2 legendaries whose features do not compliment each other in any way LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.